VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the doctor talking about? I never ever heard of any doctor giving a medical opinion about anyone without evaluating them first. They can offer an opinion about another doctor's work, but not about the actual patient. Right?

I was a victim of rape, by a stranger. It was violent and left horrid physical trauma. If you are raped with a bottle, it indeed will cause harm . I have only one ovary now

Im sorry you were abused this way, it’s such a deep violation. I’m sure you can confirm that getting medical attention is necessary.

I am torn between Dennison is doing a poor job on cross to he is brilliant in that he is letting the jury get their fill of this very arrogant, non-expert of IPV. Personally I would be getting into AH's actual diagnoses'. Let's talk about AH's consistencies with NPD BPD HPD.

He has been around the block, I think he knows exactly what he is doing.

Sky News

Diagnosis v traits

Psychiatrist David R Spiegel is now being cross-examined by Johnny Depp's lawyers.

After a very long (and rather snippy) discussion over whether his involvement in this case is "unethical" due to the Goldwater rule (see previous post), we finally move on to the questioning.

Depp's lawyer says the doctor has not made a diagnosis of Depp himself, simply "identified traits".

Dr Spiegel agrees, but says that a group of traits which he categorises as "cluster B traits", including "narcissistic personality disorder are risk factors for intimate partner violence (IPV)".

The doctor is also asked about a medical examination of Heard, and the two emotional disorders she was said to suffer from. The court earlier heard from one of Depp's legal team's expert witness who said she suffered from bi-polar disorder and histrionic personality disorder. Depp's lawyer says they are also "cluster B traits" and so that makes her at a risk factor of perpetrating IPV. Dr Spiegel says he was not asked to assess Heard, not Depp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298