VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
another thing I wonder. I know that my 19 year old causes a fair share of my marital problems. hes a difficult person. I wonder if katelin was a rebel teen and the sf blame her for the divorce?

IIRC, back at the start of this case, there was talk about an earlier incident between Katelin and her stepfather. It was said that stepdad had been charged with physical abuse, once when she was a child. I'd like to know more about that.

My McAfee didn't red flag this, so I am assuming it is safe.

The video is not great nor the sound (could be my pc)

Disappeared-Flight Risk-May 7, 2017 www.dailymotion.com SLASH video SLASH x5lfrux

[video=dailymotion;x5lfrux]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5lfrux[/video]

Thank you. You must of been reading my mind. I was just coming to ask if anyone had the video. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on mobile so not able to hit the Ty button, so thank you for this! I wasn't able to watch the episode last night!

I watched this episode last night. In my opinion, Step father sexually assaulted KA and killed her. :(

My McAfee didn't red flag this, so I am assuming it is safe.

The video is not great nor the sound (could be my pc)

Disappeared-Flight Risk-May 7, 2017 www.dailymotion.com SLASH video SLASH x5lfrux

Your link only took me to the home page , but thank you for posting! I was able to search for it

This is so sad. It was hard seeing Katelin's family hurting so badly. I really hope they find their baby girl.
I'm glad we were able to see her story. I think we all know what happened.

I wonder why her diploma and clothes weren't in the luggage.

I hope Amber is doing well. I think of her often. Would be so hard ending a relationship so unfinished like this. Jmo

Snipped:

Asked about the promo for “Disappeared” that claims police think someone close to Akens may be withholding information, Carey replied via email:”That hasn’t come from us, sheer speculation.”

Sullivan said she still holds out hope that her daughter will be found. Until then, she is in the same situation—speculating.

“We don’t know if she’s laying in a ditch somewhere or if she’s going to be fine. We don’t know if she’s living it up, partying around. If she is out there, is she going to be the same Katelin we know? I don’t know.”

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_33a102ab-eec7-5c6d-88db-eac91359dde4.html

And that quote Asked about the promo for “Disappeared” that claims police think someone close to Akens may be withholding information, Carey replied via email:”That hasn’t come from us, sheer speculation.”

was, pretty much, said in the disappeared episode last night by Spotslvannia Detective Rob Marshall.
""Det. Marshall...we leave the door open for him to come back and talk to us, the discrepancies in his story could be as simple as he helped her get somewhere because she was having tough times, having troubles, if that's the case, just have her contact us and that will be it. She is an adult, she has the absolute right to disappear""

But Capt. Liz Scott told The Free Lance–Star in January that investigators now believe Akens never left the Fredericksburg area.

Well finally! Now do something to find her!

Stepdad didn't go to work as planned the day of the disappearance. To me, that's big.
Yes, this information seals the deal for me. Especially since he said he did go to work!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I know a little bit was made of the fact that the diploma was not found but I believe LE did find Katelin's ID with her wallet in the discarded luggage, yes? I can't imagine she'd get very far starting over with nothing but a framed diploma and no way to prove it belongs to her. Part of me really wants to believe she's okay somewhere. I just can't make sense of that.

I don't believe she would give up her family, fiancée, her whole life, for one regrettable night.

O/T some what - The trick when you are a single mom is to date the person for a long long time before introducing him to your children. I was a widowed single mom. My two young children didn't meet anyone I dated for months. The only person they met was one I dated for almost a year. My family met him before my children did and I made sure they approved before my children met him. It wasn't that I didn't trust myself but I did know that I tended to put on blinders when "falling in love." I could handle the heartache of a failed relationship but I didn't want my kids to go through the pain of losing someone again.

My sister is one of the lucky ones...her second husband is truly a keeper. But she took it slowly. Now they have been married 25+ years...it was meant to be, but she had to have the first marriage in order to have the very special nephew and niece they produced. :)

Michele Whitaker in season 1 , took off from Carolina never contacted her family and was found working at a horse farm in Oregon 6 years later . Said she thought mom was " mad " at her .

Although , I don't get that feeling in this case .

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Who he knows or who his family is to the community may be what is keeping them from publicly naming him as a suspect. At least until there is some concrete evidence. It's sad, but true...

I think they highlighted the fact that her diploma wasn't found because she had mentioned to her mom that she needed it to start cosmetology school in Arizona. She was supposed to start on Monday.

The most surprising running away case for me was Tiffany Tehan, a young suburban wife and mother of an infant. She left them both to run off with a man she met at 7-11. She even left her car in a park with the door ajar, as though she had been pulled from it. A few weeks later, she was found with him in a motel in Florida...still with him last I read.

My thoughts after watching the episode, the diploma could have been in her lap, her wallet in the suitcase, so if she was killed, what she had immediately on her would go with the body. then the killer realizes suitcase is still in vehicle, tosses it outside window.

I have followed Katelin's disappearance from the beginning. So sad. I don't believe she ran away. I think the last person who saw her has killed her.

Regarding the text messages, I think that person sent them. I was thinking about the cheating one that was sent to her fiancée, AR. I think after he did whatever he did, he realized he needed to contact those who would be looking for her. I don't think she told him what happened with the friends she hooked up with. I think he went through her phone, and from interactions she had with those people he figured it out and sent the message to AR stating that she had cheated and wasn't coming back or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I find it strange that her luggage was found in the same general area as the body of another missing girl. Seems to me like maybe that area is a dump site of a serial killer. The SD is the connection between kaitlyn and the dead woman. He was married to a woman that is the mother of one victim and had casually known the other victim. Maybe he kept her prized diploma as a trophy? Who knows. I think its the SD.

I find it strange that her luggage was found in the same general area as the body of another missing girl. Seems to me like maybe that area is a dump site of a serial killer. The SD is the connection between kaitlyn and the dead woman. He was married to a woman that is the mother of one victim and had casually known the other victim. Maybe he kept her prized diploma as a trophy? Who knows. I think its the SD.

They have made arrests and charged two men with Heather Ciccone's murder. It has been officially stated those two cases are not related.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966
Back