VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It may be the passing of time playing tricks with my mind, but I was never sure that the police were seriously considering foul play, as opposed to voluntary missing.

The end of the latest article says otherwise.

I reckon they probably have a good idea of what happened/who they should be investigating.

I agree with drjones, there's new info there.

I think this is new news. Also le advising to look at changes in people and such. Why would they want us to do that if she ran away. I'm glad this info has been brought up.
Come home this Christmas pretty Katelin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know nothing about the stepfather, other than his supposed prior incident being abusive in some way toward his stepchild. Can we sleuth him yet? Given the new info Dr Jones posted.....

Imho...
I have always thought what happened to Katelin was from someone who disagreed with her choices/lifestyle. I don't believe Mom harmed her.
As I said just my humbled opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know nothing about the stepfather, other than his supposed prior incident being abusive in some way toward his stepchild. Can we sleuth him yet? Given the new info Dr Jones posted.....

i dont think we can sleuth him because his name has not been made public as a suspect or POI, but that begs the question - why hasn't he?

if they dont believe she ever left Spotsylvania or the Fredricksburg area then... ummmm?

Is there small searches going on? Any family members other then grandpa are the looking?
I wonder how KAs ex is doing these days.
And still my hinky is there in regards to heathers case.

But why did Katelyn tell mom she made it to the airport. But then texted Amber that the flight was not going to happen and she would call her later.

Do we think that stepdad texted Amber?

But wouldn't the phone ping show where she was at when texting that?

Plus the articles says that she was going to Arizona. But wasn't her and Amber meeting in Vegas.

Is there small searches going on? Any family members other then grandpa are the looking?

Is Heather the other girl that was killed around the same time. I believe shot in a driveway in her car?
It has been a while and I am old.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There was a vigil last night.

No new information, other than she has a sister that she used to communicate with daily.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/221783331-story

Still1205_00012_1480992675382_2384495_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
Still1205_00014_1480992675382_2384497_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
Still1205_00013_1480992677556_2386401_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
KatelinAkensMissing_1449540012265_593956_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

"The investigation to date indicates Katelin and her property never left Spotsylvania County," Capt. Jeff Pearce of the Spotsylvania Sheriff's Office said on the one-year anniversary of Katelin's disappearance.

Akens’ family told the sheriff's office the teen asked to be dropped off at Springfield Mall, from where she reportedly planned to proceed to the Franconia-Springfield stop to take a Metro train to the airport, Pearce said last year.

According to the Spotsylvania Sheriff's Office, individual(s) responsible for, or who have knowledge of, the disappearance of Katelin may exhibit changes of behavior to include:
- Altering of physical appearance (growth or removal of facial hair, change in hair color or cut, etc.).
- Change in normal routine, which might include missing work, classes, or previously scheduled appointments.
- Displays of anxiety, nervousness, or irritability.
- Disposing of property without legitimate or reasonable explanations.

https://fredericksburg.today/december-5-marks-one-year-since-katelin-akens-went-missing

Since Springfield Mall is in Fairfax county, I guess the Sheriff definitely is saying Katelin never made it there. I was hoping it was in Sportsylvania and she had made it to the mall because that would mean this could still end well. :(

So if she never made it to Fairfax County are we to assume that her SD went to Fairfax County alone?

Have people been giving lie detector tests?

Very sad. The only SM posts I find anymore are from her paternal grandfather on one of the fb group pages.

Imho, LE's hands are tied because they don't have enough evidence or a reliable tip to get a search warrant. I still believe 100% that she is not voluntarily missing and until someone breaks and speaks to LE, this case is going to stay cold.

Tabirey..........and I agree with you 100%!

unless im missing something this is an important change in what police have been willing to say.

before they always said things like "they cannot be sure/cannot confirm that katelin ever left spotsylvania" but they also said that they believed the stepfather's story and did not consider him a suspect.

now it is "Deputies say the investigation shows Katelin never left Spotsylvania".

if Katelin never left Spotsylvania then she was never dropped at the mall.

if she wasnt dropped at the mall then police no longer believe the stepfather's story.

is my memory going or did the police also choose to only now release the stepfather's (approx.) address? this was not public before was it?

somebody get in here and tell me why im wrong before i get myself timed out... am i missing something or is this HUGE news?

I don't think you're wrong. It IS huge news! My opinion is that LE always thought Katelin was missing voluntarily. As time went on, and Katelin didn't come home perhaps they started to think she WASN'T voluntarily missing. I hope they are now looking into other possiblities and investigating people further. Katelin needs to be found and justice needs to be served. MOO

I'll confess, up until this new information released I half thought our Girl may have been somehow involved in the Heather murder. As an additional victim, or maybe she knew something and went into hiding for safety. But now it really sounds like LE always had someone in mind, but didn't have the evidence needed. Not Sleuthing anyone, but wouldn't the last known person to supposedly have seen a missing person, wouldn't search warrants be allowed just based on that fact? Sorry if my post treads a line. I will say no more along that vein.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj
Back