VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I remember correctly there were issues with this thread and it was taken down at one point when Amber's mom was trying to be verified and for some reason was denied. At least that's what she stated on the fb Find Katelin page.
Oh, no. I didn't know this :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

We know SD has a rental property not mentioned in the tv shows as being searched. We know this property is less than 5 miles from the location the luggage was found.
Do you think he'd bury her body on his own property? After all of his attempts at subterfuge, it seems like that would be an incredibly foolish move.

"Was there foul play in Katelin's disappearance? And authorities are wondering, Did her stepfather, now being called a person of interest, potentially have a hand in it?"

From link above.

Is Ex Step-Dad sleuthable now?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

"Was there foul play in Katelin's disappearance? And authorities are wondering, Did her stepfather, now being called a person of interest, potentially have a hand in it?"

From link above.

Is Ex Step-Dad sleuthable now?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Conflicting info on that.
From Huffington Post: "Pearce described Akens’ stepfather as “absolutely” cooperative in the investigation and said he is not considered a suspect or person of interest in his stepdaughter’s disappearance."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katelin-akens-missing_us_56c78012e4b041136f16f6b7

His name hasn't been published so unless I see an official quote from LE I cannot consider him sleuthable. Good question for a Mod.

I quoted it on a previous page and the mod's statement is farther back. The SD is sleuthable.

What really bugs me is that mom's statement in the Disappeared episode, that Katelin was "excited to see him (stepdad) directly conflicts with what her friends say about how she felt about him.

Has been determined what time SD called his employer and said he wasn't coming in?

What really bugs me is that mom's statement in the Disappeared episode, that Katelin was "excited to see him (stepdad) directly conflicts with what her friends say about how she felt about him.
This is not uncommon for an abuse situation. It's possible she was excited to see him, and she had negative feelings for him and the way he treated her in the past.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing. Somehow I overlooked this article. I was leaning towards SD as the POI and frankly, I find his version of events very suspicious. However this information opens up some new paths to consider. Hmmm....
I think he sent those texts.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It has to be awful for LE to pretty much know without a doubt what happened, but due to lack of evidence, they can't do anything. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that they're waiting for any lab results of evidence they possibly collected when they executed the search warrant... but I'm not holding my breath..

It has to be awful for LE to pretty much know without a doubt what happened, but due to lack of evidence, they can't do anything. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened with a friend of mine's 87 year old mother who was raped with a foreign object and bashed and her bed set on fire. She died of smoke inhalation because she was incapacitated and could not move. Everyone knew who did it, but they just could not find that last piece of evidence to charge him. He died in jail on another charge, but they never got real closure.

Thank you for sharing. Somehow I overlooked this article. I was leaning towards SD as the POI and frankly, I find his version of events very suspicious. However this information opens up some new paths to consider. Hmmm....

It's a blog. Take with a big chunk of salt.
;)

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Clues-Sought-One-Year-After-Va-Woman-Vanished-405018115.html

Investigators believe a Virginia woman who disappeared from Spotsylvania County last year never left the county, despite initial reports that she was last seen 60 miles away.

Investigators have been corresponding with Akens' stepfather and will continue to speak with him to "tighten up the timeline," Capt. Liz Scott with the Spotsylvania County Sheriff's Office said.

I still wonder why her "ex" would be taking Katelin to the airport?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jadea02
Back