VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her birthday is September 2. She needs to be found. :(

In this article it states that Katelin's mother got a text from Katelin's phone saying she was at the airport 8 minutes after she got a text from the stepfather saying he had dropped her off. How long does it take to get from the Springfield Mall to the airport via the metro? I would assume the stepfather's phone would show where it pinged in the area and when!

In this article it states that Katelin's mother got a text from Katelin's phone saying she was at the airport 8 minutes after she got a text from the stepfather saying he had dropped her off. How long does it take to get from the Springfield Mall to the airport via the metro? I would assume the stepfather's phone would show where it pinged in the area and when!

That text is what makes it more confusing.

IF it was the stepfather, sending the texts to cover up something he did, why would he text conflicting info like that. He tells Mom he is dropping her off at mall, then texts as Katelin, saying she was already at airport. That confuses me.

But at same time, I don't see how it could really be Katelin texting, if she had been just dropped off at mall 8 minutes earlier. So it is a ball of confusion..maybe that was the goal?

20 -30 minutes depending on whether you have to wait on a train

20 -30 minutes depending on whether you have to wait on a train

And that would be if she jumped out of his car and went right to the train stop. But why be dropped off at a mall if you are gong to immediately take the metro to the airport? She could have been dropped off right at the airport but supposedly said she wanted to go to the mall instead.

So that text makes no sense. JMO

Besides, we know that her SD didn't take her anywhere. He sent a text to her mother saying he had dropped her off at the mall, but the text was sent from his home. And the texts she sent to her mother that said she was at the airport and her phone was dying was also sent from his home. Why would he text her mother that he had dropped her off at the mall when he was still in his house? Doesn't make any sense. And you're right, why take your clothes out of your suitcase and leave your suitcase behind? What is she doing, carrying her clothing in her arms?

I don't get it. If both texts were confirmed as coming from his home isn't that probable cause enough to rip through that damn house?

I remember watching the Disappeared episode but months ago. Was their sexual abuse in his relationship with Katelin? I remember reading about her having unsavory feelings toward him.

Hopefully against all odds she is safe out there somewhere!

I don't get it. If both texts were confirmed as coming from his home isn't that probable cause enough to rip through that damn house?

I remember watching the Disappeared episode but months ago. Was their sexual abuse in his relationship with Katelin? I remember reading about her having unsavory feelings toward him.

Hopefully against all odds she is safe out there somewhere!

Supposedly, LE did a "thorough " search of the property. How they did that on acres of land in only 8 hrs boggles my mind!

Sounds to me like he didn't think about anyone doing the math (as he wasn't doing it himself). Most perps in a crime make a stupid mistake like that one.

I hope 2018 doesn't come around without Katelin being found.

New post on Katelin's facebook find page. This whole thing just breaks my heart.

Its in the group Find Katelin, a letter from her mom to James the ex-stepfather

Thanks I used to be a member if that’s the closed one, but I guess I got booted I can’t find it. Thanks anyways..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K
Back