VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't believe LE i snot pushing harder. Cant they do a thorough search of his property?

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

Eta. Opps I see this is already posted. I'm on Tapatalk so I can't delete.
Just a lil bump:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for reposting, I missed this MSM article the first time:

On the morning of her scheduled flight back to Arizona, Katelin packed her Caroline High School diploma, which she’d need to enroll in cosmetology school. Her former stepfather, who lives in Partlow, had agreed to drive her to Reagan National Airport.

Sullivan told her daughter to call when she got to the airport, and then again when she got on the plane. She received the first of three texts from her daughter eight minutes after getting one from her ex-husband saying that he had dropped Katelin off.

Katelin’s text said: “I’m at the airport. Battery dying, so won’t be able to text for a bit.”

Sullivan asked her daughter to let her know when she’d boarded her flight. She received two texts from Katelin’s number at 7:15 that evening, a time when her daughter should have already been in the air.

The first text said: “Staying with a friend.” It was followed by, “I need some time alone.”

Sullivan, who was driving home from work at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet at the time, pulled into the Flying J parking lot in Carmel Church and tried to reach her daughter. The call went straight to voicemail.

“Call me,” Sullivan then texted. “I’m very worried about you.”

Katelin never replied. There are no surveillance videos showing her at the airport or at the Springfield Town Center, where authorities said her stepfather told them he’d let her off, or at the Metro she was supposedly to have taken to the airport.

“I even called the airport, but they said that nobody had changed her ticket,” Sullivan said. “It’s like she vanished into thin air. We know she’s somewhere. We just need to know where.”

Courtney Lynn Mills, who became friends with Katelin when they were in cosmetology class together at Caroline High, said that she thinks Katelin may have gotten cold feet about getting engaged and needed space. “Maybe life hit her fast,” she said. But she also said she thinks Katelin’s former stepfather’s story is “sketchy.” “Why would he say he dropped her off at the mall?” she said.

John Sullivan, Lisa Sullivan’s brother, said that so much time has gone by that he doubts Katelin is still alive. He searches the woods for her often, and has asked his hunting buddies to do the same. A cousin told him that four psychics think she’s in a shallow grave that’s covered with a piece of metal.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

On the morning of her scheduled flight back to Arizona, Katelin packed her Caroline High School diploma, which she’d need to enroll in cosmetology school. Her former stepfather, who lives in Partlow, had agreed to drive her to Reagan National Airport.

Sullivan told her daughter to call when she got to the airport, and then again when she got on the plane. She received the first of three texts from her daughter eight minutes after getting one from her ex-husband saying that he had dropped Katelin off.

Katelin’s text said: “I’m at the airport. Battery dying, so won’t be able to text for a bit.”

Sullivan asked her daughter to let her know when she’d boarded her flight. She received two texts from Katelin’s number at 7:15 that evening, a time when her daughter should have already been in the air.

The first text said: “Staying with a friend.” It was followed by, “I need some time alone.”

Sullivan, who was driving home from work at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet at the time, pulled into the Flying J parking lot in Carmel Church and tried to reach her daughter. The call went straight to voicemail.

Katelin never replied. There are no surveillance videos showing her at the airport or at the Springfield Town Center, where authorities said her stepfather told them he’d let her off, or at the Metro she was supposedly to have taken to the airport.

“I even called the airport, but they said that nobody had changed her ticket,” Sullivan said. “It’s like she vanished into thin air. We know she’s somewhere. We just need to know where.”

Courtney Lynn Mills, who became friends with Katelin when they were in cosmetology class together at Caroline High, said that she thinks Katelin may have gotten cold feet about getting engaged and needed space. “Maybe life hit her fast,” she said. But she also said she thinks Katelin’s former stepfather’s story is “sketchy.” “Why would he say he dropped her off at the mall?” she said.

John Sullivan, Lisa Sullivan’s brother, said that so much time has gone by that he doubts Katelin is still alive. He searches the woods for her often, and has asked his hunting buddies to do the same. A cousin told him that four psychics think she’s in a shallow grave that’s covered with a piece of metal.

Katelin packed her Caroline High School diploma, which she’d need to enroll in cosmetology school.
BBM

-From the above info Katelin seemed to plan to return to Arizona and enroll in school.

''Sullivan, who was driving home from work at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet at the time, pulled into the Flying J parking lot in Carmel Church and tried to reach her daughter. The call went straight to voicemail.''
LS worked at Wawa the Dec KA dissapeared and had to be there at 6am . Or something close to that.

I would so love to know if police checked her cell phone pings during that time frame. How did they match up with the ex-step-father's pings during the same time frame?

Been following this since pretty much day one. I thought this would be one of those cases that resolved itself early on. Obviously I was very wrong and I, for one, am quite baffled and surprised that there's been hardly any new developments nearly 2 years on. Where are you Katelin?!?

I am curious if anyone has suggested this case to any podcasts? I think the Vanished would do a wonderful job on this story. We need someone to stir the pot. I am going to send Katelin's case as a suggestion.

Katelin - where are you?

In this article it states that Katelin's mother got a text from Katelin's phone saying she was at the airport 8 minutes after she got a text from the stepfather saying he had dropped her off. How long does it take to get from the Springfield Mall to the airport via the metro? I would assume the stepfather's phone would show where it pinged in the area and when!

At the time he texted his ex-wife to let her know he had just dropped her off, his phone didn't ping in the area where it should have. He also did not show up for work that day.

I would so love to know if police checked her cell phone pings during that time frame. How did they match up with the ex-step-father's pings during the same time frame?

This was discussed in an episode of Disappeared. Their pings did not indicate that they were in Springfield.

Where are you baby girl? Time to be brought back to your family this holiday season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a little reminder: Not that it is happening, but if a FB group is closed and you are a member reading there, please do not bring info you may find over to Websleuths for discussion. Any discussion about it will be considered rumor and the post will be removed.

Thank you.

Bumpity bump Miss Katelin!
Two years is too long! You are not forgotten!

I wonder about Katelin all of the time. Is there any chance, even a small one, that her ex-step-father has kept her. We have heard about others taking a woman and keeping her hostage for years. He hasn't been questioned in 2 years. He hasn't been truthful. I would rather she be alive than be gone.

Where is Katelin?

I wonder about Katelin all of the time. Is there any chance, even a small one, that her ex-step-father has kept her. We have heard about others taking a woman and keeping her hostage for years. He hasn't been questioned in 2 years. He hasn't been truthful. I would rather she be alive than be gone.

Where is Katelin?
I'd rather she were alive, too, but the scenario you described wouldn't be feasible considering te scrutiny that he's been under. I am convinced that he killed her at the time of her disappearance. Unfortunately, the DA in Springfield must be too gutless to bring murder charges without a body.

I'd rather she were alive, too, but the scenario you described wouldn't be feasible considering te scrutiny that he's been under. I am convinced that he killed her at the time of her disappearance. Unfortunately, the DA in Springfield must be too gutless to bring murder charges without a body.
I thought I read that his phone never pinged outside of his home. And hers last pinged in Stafford. So I am pretty sure Spotslyvania is the place any charges will come from. No body convictions are not a problem in VA ,and neither is the encryted cell phone if they have it in their possesion. Spotslyvania just used evidence in the Ciccone case that was obtained from an encrypted cell phone. They had to mail it off somewhere but it got done.

I thought I read that his phone never pinged outside of his home. And hers last pinged in Stafford. So I am pretty sure Spotslyvania is the place any charges will come from. No body convictions are not a problem in VA ,and neither is the encryted cell phone if they have it in their possesion. Spotslyvania just used evidence in the Ciccone case that was obtained from an encrypted cell phone. They had to mail it off somewhere but it got done.

I think they should try to match her cell phone pings with the movements of garbage trucks in case he put her in a dumpster. I think that a large percentage of murder victims who are never found end up in landfills. There's no particular reason to think that's the case here, but investigating that possibility iw worth a shot.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back