Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From what her boyfriend said, Katie went to put some clothes in their dryer and came back in saying that their dryer was not working so she went to another building to dry clothes.

I wonder if cause of death will be able to be determined, if this is Kathleen.
We have seen young women, including mothers, commit suicide in the past few years...probably cannot be absolutely ruled out at this point. Jmo

That's what I read in a news story linked above somewhere (don't remember which one). RF said that she had to go to another building to use a dryer because there was a problem with their dryer. He found their clothes, still warm, in the dryer in another building. I wonder if they also have a "community" laundry room on top of the ones right outside the door?

From what her boyfriend said, Katie went to put some clothes in their dryer and came back in saying that their dryer was not working so she went to another building to dry clothes.

I wonder if cause of death will be able to be determined, if this is Kathleen.
We have seen young women, including mothers, commit suicide in the past few years...probably cannot be absolutely ruled out at this point. Jmo

The article I posted minutes ago also said it could not immediately be determained if it was a homicide.

That's what I read in a news story linked above somewhere (don't remember which one). RF said that she had to go to another building to use a dryer because there was a problem with their dryer. He found their clothes, still warm, in the dryer in another building. I wonder if they also have a "community" laundry room on top of the ones right outside the door?

I would almost bet they do. I think most apartments these days have some sort of community dryer.

How scary!! I wonder if the body they found was a homeless person???

I wonder if anybody saw her walking alone to the laundry room?

some people on SM are saying that it is being reported on the news stations that it is her. , can anybody local say if that is true or not?

What are your local news stations saying?

Not much! I caught something this morning. They seem more concerned with the fact the police took forever to take the case.

Just like every city,
portsmouth has bad areas, but people always joke about "p-town"
The particular area she is in, is somewhat shady.

That's not going to be her, obviously a transient.

That's not going to be her, obviously a transient.

Yes, the tent area is obviously a transient. But the tweet said it was "near" where the body was located. Wonder if a transient was who reported the smell that got KE out there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm............tough call on this one. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see where it leads.

I don't think this woman's disappearance was voluntary by any means, she had a cute little family, and seemed to be pretty content judging by her Facebook posts.

Hmmmmm............tough call on this one. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see where it leads.

I don't think this woman's disappearance was voluntary by any means, she had a cute little family, and seemed to be pretty content judging by her Facebook posts.

No offense to anyone with Facebook or otherwise, but IF I had a Facebook you would never know if I was doing ok or what. If I were having problems, that is one place I would NEVER put it.

Yes, the tent area is obviously a transient. But the tweet said it was "near" where the body was located. Wonder if a transient was who reported the smell that got KE out there?

Do these homeless ppl use the laundry rooms late at night?

No ID ON BODY YET. Boyfriend seems pretty aloof about it. You would have to pick me up off the ground.

I don't think it's her. I don't think a body could decompose to the point of a parent not recognizing her in 2 weeks. Even in hot, humid temps I would think it would take a lot longer to decompose to the point that 18 hours later, they still haven't identified it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoriVee
Back