VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright as one of Kelly's nieces lets see what I can clear up. Kelly wasnt seeing anybody. There has been refernece to my family all being in PA and not knowing what was really going on in Kellys life in VA. But Kelly called 1 of us everynight if not more than 1 of us. She was home for Christmas and was in a great mood. She spent almost 2 hours on the phone with me New Years Eve. The Tuesday before she was missing she spent almost 45 minutes on the phone with me laughin and having joking around making plans to come up at end of Feb for her mothers bday and trying to see what else we could slam into that weekend. Also she sent me a txt message on Thursday before missing. Joking around with me and making fun of each other. She was at yoga Thursday night then went to see a friend. So as big as our family is we would know. Kellys talk of baptism and death come from a teacher in high school when she went to private baptist school telling her she would never get to heaven cuz she wasnt baptized. This has been an on going conversation since she was 16 yrs old. She said she should stop wondering and just go get baptized. Our family has been hit with many traumatic events that that would make you question the whole DEATH process. If she was so worried about getting into heaven then I think suicde would never have played in to the equation. cuz thats not going to get you to heaven. Kelly has always questioned religion and death. This does not make her suicidal. Kelly is somebody who you can tell when something is wrong and bothering her. The guys at work say she was in a great mood in the breakroom during earlier break. The cops have her computer and Verizon says its not as easy as everybody thinks to get accurate phone records as people believe. She just recently bought her car and would never have left it. Verizon also says its hard to tell between somebody talking to you and leaving you a message. there have been so many eye witness accounts of how she left the building that its hard to figure out what is the truth. As for her house the police searched house on Friday to check just for her presence but when they returned on Saturday with Kellys nephews the doors were WIDE OPEN not just unlocked. Which Kelly normally used the garage door opener to get in and didnt unlock front or back door. So the police do not have a reason for this they insist they locked the house back up when they left on Friday. Well so be carefull what you read in press not all accurate like usual!! Hope that clears up some questions for you

From the link I posted above... I really feel it would be worthwhile for the family (or someone) to press LE as to more of Mr. Coleman's story. Especially to know just when he left base and took his leave and when did he arrive 'home' and why exactly wasn't he in contact with any of his relatives and instead wandering around in the woods...knowing when he had to report for duty... What exactly was he doing this whole time?

This story doesn't pass the sniff test IMO...

From the link I posted above... I really feel it would be worthwhile for the family (or someone) to press LE as to more of Mr. Coleman's story. Especially to know just when he left base and took his leave and when did he arrive 'home' and why exactly wasn't he in contact with any of his relatives and instead wandering around in the woods...knowing when he had to report for duty... What exactly was he doing this whole time?

This story doesn't pass the sniff test IMO...

I have a problem trying to link the two stories. If Kelly had vanished during her regular lunch time walk then any stranger could have done it. Since she left the building earlier than her usual walk time (running or otherwise) I would think there was a reason for it and that she was reacting to some communication from someone. A stranger is not going to call, text or email her and say come to the riverside.

Respectfully snipped:

There has been refernece to my family all being in PA and not knowing what was really going on in Kellys life in VA.

I brought this up...and so sorry if I wasn't clear.

The above quote is not what I meant by any means. I was talking about the phone calls Kelly was making/receiving.

What I was trying to say was that no one but Kelly and who Kelly was talking to was going to know what any conversation was. What could seemingly be a known # and match up to calls made and received doesn't necessarily mean anything - all of the conversations could be kosher and some maybe not.

Family and LE may know who she was conversing with - but no one knows the details of those conversations, unless they were listening in or were being recorded - which I'm pretty sure that wasn't happening.

We don't know if she had a verbal altercation with a friend, neighbor, co-worker via phone. We don't know if Kelly said something that may not have been offensive to her but was to someone else.

Kelly didn't have to be seeing anyone. Someone could have been stalking her.

Kelly mentions to her neighbor that someone has moved things around in her home. Did Kelly ever mention that event to family? There may have been some things in Kelly's life that she didn't relate to family in phone/text conversations because of the worry factor...or Kelly thinking that she may be making too much of a situation.

I'm not making these comments to slam the family, that is not my intentions. I just want Kelly found safe and sound.

I have a problem trying to link the two stories. If Kelly had vanished during her regular lunch time walk then any stranger could have done it. Since she left the building earlier than her usual walk time (running or otherwise) I would think there was a reason for it and that she was reacting to some communication from someone. A stranger is not going to call, text or email her and say come to the riverside.

I didn't say this guy called her. I'm not even suggesting he did. And I didn't mean a connection as in bf/gf. But it's possible they could have been friends.

I meant connection as in the dates, the places. Mr. Coleman was reported missing on the 18th - but had been on leave from an earlier date.

Just exactly when did Mr. Coleman arrive in/near his home area? I'm wanting to know if that date could have coincided with the disappearance of Kelly.

Could he have been in that area of her workplace? Both stories mention the Appomattox River. Like I said before - it's a long shot...but there's no reason his story shouldn't be checked out further. What's it going to hurt? Nothing...maybe just waste a little time if everything is on the up and up where he's concerned.

But I think it's very odd that 2 people go missing from a close proximity (and possibly in the same time frame) to each other and that one shows back up

just was wondering how Kelly came to be living in Virginia? College, etc?

ok....she wasn't seeing anyone. Had she recently broke up with someone?

FWIW, the RSO rapist that lives near Kelly (from what I've found) works for Verizon.

Sorry - I've tried to do screenshots before and am not doing something right. I don't know if this link will work

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ocal_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQnwIwAA

Depending on route (3 different ways) it would take one bewteen 20-30 minutes from Kelly's place of work to the Appomattox Riverside Park where Mr. Coleman was wandering for days.

ETA: Apparently it didn't work...at least not for me. Type into google 16037 Innovation Drive, Colonial Heights, VA to Appomattox Riverside Park

Hi all, nice to see family members and locals posting on Kelly's thread, so helpful in terms of getting accurate information on a case.

Been following along and wanted to comment on the idea of suicide. That just doesn't jive with what has been presented so far, nor with the way she exited the workplace the day she went missing. Being curious about religious theology or death does not equate to a person being suicidal. If anything, my thought was she may have sensed that something in her future would bring her harm. Sort of a sixth sense. I do not mean to be morbid and apologize if this offends anyone.

I think the key to this case may be cell phone records, once those are available, LE may have a new direction to follow. IMO this is not a stranger abduction. Look at the inner circle of friends, neighbors and co-workers and work your way out.

My thoughts are with her loved ones.

Are neighbor's watching her house? Any cameras?
Was the house open when LE first arrived to check it out, and then wide open again Saturday? This would be quite bold behavior. Prayers and hopes for Kelly.

Respectfully snipped:

I brought this up...and so sorry if I wasn't clear.

The above quote is not what I meant by any means. I was talking about the phone calls Kelly was making/receiving.

What I was trying to say was that no one but Kelly and who Kelly was talking to was going to know what any conversation was. What could seemingly be a known # and match up to calls made and received doesn't necessarily mean anything - all of the conversations could be kosher and some maybe not.

Family and LE may know who she was conversing with - but no one knows the details of those conversations, unless they were listening in or were being recorded - which I'm pretty sure that wasn't happening.

We don't know if she had a verbal altercation with a friend, neighbor, co-worker via phone. We don't know if Kelly said something that may not have been offensive to her but was to someone else.

Kelly didn't have to be seeing anyone. Someone could have been stalking her.

Kelly mentions to her neighbor that someone has moved things around in her home. Did Kelly ever mention that event to family? There may have been some things in Kelly's life that she didn't relate to family in phone/text conversations because of the worry factor...or Kelly thinking that she may be making too much of a situation.

I'm not making these comments to slam the family, that is not my intentions. I just want Kelly found safe and sound.

Sorry if this has already been discussed and answered, but this is a huge red flag in conjunction with LE finding her doors wide open after being there the prior day. Would anyone be able to determine if something is missing from the house? A computer, a diary or journal, address book? Something that a person who may have taken her would know could potentially identify him? Just thinking here ...

I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way asking this question. But it is a valid question regarding the search for Kelly.

During the search for Kelly in the woods and along the river, were there any signs of the ground being disturbed?

By this I'm asking were there any recent digging into the ground?

I think the RSO that works for Verizon should be looked into.

What is this person's occupation with Verizon?

Does this person goes into homes to install and repair telephones?

Does this person have the ability to change or delete customer's telephone records?

From what we do know about this case, I don't buy the notion that this is a suicide case. I feel that this is a stalking and abduction case.

So, if it was LE that experienced the phenomenon of locking the doors to Kelly's place on Friday and then finding the doors wide open on Saturday following Kelly's disappearance, why are they leaning toward a suicide?

It appears as if someone is giving LE a "message" that would clearly indicate this is not a suicide, yet LE continues to lean in that direction. Makes no sense. JMO

ETA: Great post Nerosleuth. I totally agree that the RSO-Verizon employee needs to be checked thoroughly.

Would someone please state the RSO's initials, thx.

So, if it was LE that experienced the phenomenon of locking the doors to Kelly's place on Friday and then finding the doors wide open on Saturday following Kelly's disappearance, why are they leaning toward a suicide?

It appears as if someone is giving LE a "message" that would clearly indicate this is not a suicide, yet LE continues to lean in that direction. Makes no sense. JMO

ETA: Great post Nerosleuth. I totally agree that the RSO-Verizon employee needs to be checked thoroughly.

That is a very good point truthsleuth! Also please I hope the family doesn't take this wrong, but I am very close to my family and I can guarantee you we all don't know everything little thing about each other. There are alot of things my family doesn't know and so on. Not to be secretive or anything but we all don't tell each other our family dynamics all the time.

What I mean by that is we are all adults and tell things that go on in our lives, but maybe not every little thing that goes on in our everyday lives with our spouses or kids that are personal. When I started going out with my boyfriend it took me awhile to even let my family know I was going out with him and then introducing him when I felt the time was right. I wanted to make sure it was going to turn out to be something first.

So now we have gloves and goggles that MAY HAVE mysteriously appeared sometime after Friday when Kelly vanished, the area was searched, and prior to when they were found Saturday....and we have mysteriously unlocking doors that MAY HAVE seemingly unlocked themselves between Friday when LE reportedly locked them and Saturday when they were found wide open......wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boomirrin