VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does her workplace use a card key id badge?

This is where you swipe your badge in a card key reader to enter the building of your workplace.

The card key reader would record the time you enter and leave the building. It could also have a security camera at the card key reader as well.

Did any of her coworkers leave the building during the same time?

Were there any visitors, vendors, or deliveries at the workplace during the same time?

Also, how far is it from where she worked at to the main drag?

I'm guessing that there are businesses such as fast food, gas stations, and stores along the main drag that could be checked.

The main drag, Jeff Davis, is a major route through the area. Also considered Route 1, it makes it way through the entire east coast. However, by no means would I consider it the fastest commuter route for travelers. There are stoplights every several hundred feet in this area. The area where Kelly is missing from is centered between Colonial Heights and Chester, and while it IS technically considered Chesterfield (a huge county) the locals consider this area Chester, because it is on the Jeff Davis side of Route 1, as opposed to the Boulevard side. That said, businesses are abundant. Both Colonial Heights and Chester are quite build up. Colonial Heights has a mall (Southpark) and many surrounding shopping areas. Not more than 5 miles down the road from that is a city called Petersburg. The other direction from Kelly is Chester and it's a bit more up-scale. As far as businesses there is a Target, Kohl's, Lowe's, KMart, Home Depot, and others. Fast food restaurants are all over. You can find any restaurant you chose on any given street corner. Same with gas stations.

The area along Jeff Davis directly where Kelly disappeared is more of a "transit" area, I'd say. There aren't many businesses right in the immediate area. You'd have to go a mile or so in either direction.

You can get to Innovation Dr. from other side roads, but Jeff Davis is the main road. I have no way of knowing how Kelly would get to work.

KellyCatalano.jpg

As I look at the ariel photo of the parking lot, it appears that it JUST may be possible there is a co-worker involved in Kelly's disappearance. Someone was watching Kelly and followed her outside.

Although there could be someone else watching her, but then that person would have to be sitting at the plant waiting and watching to see if Kelly decides to take a break outside etc.

Knowing that the doors were left open in Kelly's house also makes me feel someone did copy Kelly's house keys from work.

Has it been determined how many people are employed at this plant?

Wonder what kind of 'break' this was that Kelly went on at 10:30. Was it just a 10 or 15 minute break or did she go to work at an unusually early time and was taking a lunch break.

I can't see taking a 10 or 15 minute break and walking to the river... IMO wouldn't really have had time to enjoy a walk. A 30 minute to an hr. lunch break I could understand wanting to take a walk.

Did Kelly take her break out by the river often? Did she receive a text or call from someone telling her to meet them there?

The comment the neighbor made about Kelly stating things had been moved around in her house - then the doors being open - kind of makes me think that someone wanted Kelly to think she was maybe losing it a bit.

Is there an ex beau or ex husband? Is there someone she rebuffed the advances of? Possibly a co-worker? Is there a female that is jealous of her for some reason? Maybe because of a guy or because of advancement at work?

If taking a break and walking at the river wasn't normal for Kelly...what would get her out there?

The above craiglist post (apparently written by her niece) says she was "taking a run from work". Does this mean she was out for a jog?

This case is really troubling to me.

If someone at her place of employment got hold of Kelly's house keys (because Kelly left them in her toolbox at work instead of carrying them on her person) and that co-worker then copied Kelly's keys and later entered Kelly's home in her absence and put things out of place (per Kelly's remarks of concern to her neighbor--see CBS 6 article above), perhaps just to frighten Kelly ... then this is one quite scary perp.

Hmmm, that was one loooonnnnggg sentence. :)

I'm confused...did she make it to work or not? First report I heard said she was at work and was taking a break. The link to the story Shutterfly posted above makes it sound like she hadn't even shown up for work.

It's confusing, I agree, MBLover. But according to this article and others:
http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=11833338
The disappearance of 40-year-old Kelly Catalano has Chesterfield County Police baffled.
Catalano told fellow employees at Blue Print Automation that she was going out for a walk by the river behind her workplace around 10:30 Friday morning. She has not been seen or heard from since. ...
Her family has said her timecard wasn't punched, yet coworkers say they saw Kelly at work. I'm going with the coworkers' story until proven wrong.

What a beautiful woman and what a horrible situation. I also have a bad gut feeling that this is not going to end well :(.

Prayers to Kelly and her family.

Her family has said her timecard wasn't punched, yet coworkers say they saw Kelly at work.

I think it's possible that she forgot to clock in.

Was she scheduled to be at work that day?

If she wasn't scheduled to be at work, she may have stopped by to pick up her paycheck or she may had to attend a mandatory staff meeting.

I'd be curious to know which co-worker said they saw her at work. Hopefully not the same one who may have copied her key?

Search for Missing Chesterfield Woman

People who work in the area of her disappearance are concerned.

Wayne Covil Senior Reporter
January 18, 2010

51716105-18154039.jpg
Related links

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY - It's been three days since 40 year old Kelly Catalano took her usual break from her job and left for a short walk.

Her family says she hasn't been seen since.

Police found her car in the parking lot of the Blue Print Automation Plant, but even after an extensive search over the weekend, no clues have turned up in her disappearance.

It's common for many who work in the area to take a break from work and walk for a few minutes each day.

To those who do walk, Kelly's face was very familiar though many never knew her name.

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-missing-woman-concerns-those-who-work-in-area,0,6505799.story

Sorry if this has already been posted, wanted to put her photo out there for all to see ...

An excellent point, sfbaynancydrew. That would be something if the person responsible for whatever happened here told everyone they saw Kelly at work when she never even arrived there that day. Wow. Just wow.

The only thing that keeps me on the "she went to work that day" theory is that several media outlets have referred to co-workerS who said she told them she was taking a walk by the river.

Final point: I don't see any walkways down by the river. Maybe they're just not visible on Google's maps ... but I can't find them.

Please refer back to the link I included in post #27....comments once again.

i think they mean that she never punched out from work... i dont know if they punch out for breaks or not but if she was leaving for the day she would have to punch out ... or that is the way im understanding this?? so her car was still there so she should still be there too... i hope this isnt anything like the yale student in the animal lab....

i have not had time to read any new articles today, has anyone heard anything that elaborates on her home and if the doors were standing open or just unlocked? or if there was any indication that she had returned home that day? this really scares me :eek:

Please refer back to the link I included in post #27....comments once again.

I'm guessing you are speaking of comment 30?

Odd... stuff appearing after the fact... Kind of sounds like the same thing that happened with Morgan Harrington's disappearance (purse found next day)

Odd... stuff appearing after the fact... Kind of sounds like the same thing that happened with Morgan Harrington's disappearance (purse found next day)

Exactly. Though a thousand or so concert-goers (maybe more?) passed through JPJ Arena parking areas the night of MH's disappearance, her purse was located the following day in the middle of one. Now in Kelly's case, safety glasses and gloves are found after an area is searched? Very odd coincidence.

... i have not had time to read any new articles today, has anyone heard anything that elaborates on her home and if the doors were standing open or just unlocked? or if there was any indication that she had returned home that day? this really scares me :eek:

Though I've sought additional info most of the day, I read nothing further about the open doors to Kelly's home except for what the neighbor said.

You have reason to be a bit alarmed. I don't like this case at all. It reminds me of the Julia Roberts movie Sleeping with the Enemy. Her ex breaks into her home and rearranges things a bit--small changes are made but enough to make Roberts' character aware that he was there. Kelly saw things "out of place." Scary stuff.

Exactly. Though a thousand or so concert-goers (maybe more?) passed through JPJ Arena parking areas the night of MH's disappearance, her purse was located the following day in the middle of one. Now in Kelly's case, safety glasses and gloves are found after an area is searched? Very odd coincidence.

And they both seemingly just disappeared off the face of the earth... and the distance between Charlottesville and Chesterfield is only 70 miles...

Do I think there's a connection? Probably not...but it is several odd coincidences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003