VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling this was someone she knew but, I hope police are checking deliveries/ pickups to the local businesses around that time.
(((hugs and prayers))) to the family and friends, it must be horrible not knowing I pray she comes home safely.

Hi, Jamie Kelly's Niece and Another Niece....

I just want to tell you how much I am thinking of both of you and your family during this trying time. Your aunt sounds like a very impressive woman who is much loved - what a terrific family she has.

Thank you so much for sharing with all of us here. We really do appreciate all of the input and information. We're glad you are here with us.

I am praying for Kelly's safe and speedy return to her loving friends and family.

Kelly left at 10:30am, so I am thinking it is break time.
She takes her cell and car keys with her.

Maybe she was thinking she would go to her car and
make phone calls from there?
Or needed to get something out of the car
before taking her walk?

I am glad police are searching the river area behind her workplace.

Kelly's break time was 9 am to 9:15 and she & all the workers stuck to it religious, a great group of employees, I have a family member that works there. There is no account of her receiving "permission" to go for a walk at any other time, or even notify a co-worker (at least noone has admitted it). She could have exited the building by many doors, but she passed by the lobby in a run, not walk, but run in work boots, not her normal actions. She was running away from her car, where she may or may not have stopped, and seemed to be headed to the walkway toward the river. It has been told her keys and cell phone were not left behind. I was at the the vigil last night in the pouring rain and at least 3 local tv stations were there to get her picture out, so that is good. Please keep the prayers coming for our Kelly to return.

Thank you all for prayers and continued support. I have alot of running and outdoor posting to do today so I will not be posting until later please everyone keep your prayers out for kelly as well as my family.

ONCE AGAIN TIME OF VIGIL FOR TONIGHT Wed Jan 20

Originally Posted by Jamie kelly's niece
Open Vigil at Harry G Daniels Park Rte 10 & IronBridge Rd Chester, VA please everyone forward and attend if at all possible This is going to be at field #7 at 7:00 PM please forward! county officers approved!

6600 White Pine Road
Richmond, VA 23237 Located on Route 10 across from the Chesterfield County Airport

Jamie....it was a good turn out considering it was pouring rain and about 39 degrees but I saw 3 TV stations there doing some coverage and recorded the late evening news and Kelly's picture was all over the place. The folks at Blue Print Automation really are trying to help, they are a caring and gracious company here in the Chester area and you could feel the love for Kelly every where. Don't give up.

Is it possible that Kelly got into a vehicle with someone else under the pretext of a store run before she got to the river? The way Blueprint is situated, I just can't imagine whoever could have potentially "stolen" Kelly wasn't already in the vicinity either out of necessity such as their own job, which was in close proximity, or because they were expecting Kelly to come out for her break (or both). How would your average joe off the street know whether or not everything they did would or wouldn't be plastered all over the building's security? I used to work at Fiorucci's warehouse, which used to be right up the street from Kelly's work (unsure if it still is), and we used to run to the store at Walthall all the time. I mapped it from Kelly's work to what should be the nearest store, on Woods Edge Road. It's a distance of 2.2 miles and takes approximately five minutes to drive it one way. So it would be a fifteen minute trip tops. As soon as Photobucket recovers from whatever ailment it's currently suffering from, I'll add a map.
Am I the only one having some degree of difficulty accepting the possibility that Kelly is still in the area surrounding Blueprint and that all of these diligent people on foot, in the water and in the air haven't found her?

Shutterfly, I've heard (not positive here) that Kelly was seen running toward the path that leads to the river, which is away from the deadend road that leads to the front parking lot. The view from the office lobby is wide open to vehicles that pull in there. I feel like I am being watched every time I have the occassion to pickp my family member for some reason. Just FYI I used to work at Fiorucci's also and it is still there. Everyone keep the prayers coming and dont lose it Kelly,I think you are doing a wonderful job under the harsh conditions which you find yourself. Her normal break time is 9AM to 9:15AM so being out of the plant at 10-10:30AM was unusual.

Shutterfly, I've heard (not positive here) that Kelly was seen running toward the path that leads to the river, which is away from the deadend road that leads to the front parking lot. The view from the office lobby is wide open to vehicles that pull in there. I feel like I am being watched every time I have the occassion to pickp my family member for some reason. Just FYI I used to work at Fiorucci's also and it is still there. Everyone keep the prayers coming and dont lose it Kelly,I think you are doing a wonderful job under the harsh conditions which you find yourself. Her normal break time is 9AM to 9:15AM so being out of the plant at 10-10:30AM was unusual.

Just wondering if someone called her on her cell phone and said that he/she was hurt down by the river path or needed help with something or wanted to show her something. Her running would seem to indicate that someone lured her to that area on pretext of an emergency. JMOO

Wow then something had to take her out of the plant in a rush, LE needs to check her cell phone to see the last calls coming in/ going out. Did she have any calls come into work? I hope she is found soon!!

Wow then something had to take her out of the plant in a rush, LE needs to check her cell phone to see the last calls coming in/ going out. Did she have any calls come into work? I hope she is found soon!!

Yes, that has been in the works since last friday, the day she went missing and it was discovered her car keys and phone were gone...at first it rang and went to voice mail (rumor here, not fact), now nothing....Verizon Wireless is working with local LE but appearantly it is not as easy as they make it look on TV, especially since the phone might turned off now...

Kelly's break time was 9 am to 9:15 and she & all the workers stuck to it religious, a great group of employees, I have a family member that works there. There is no account of her receiving "permission" to go for a walk at any other time, or even notify a co-worker (at least noone has admitted it). She could have exited the building by many doors, but she passed by the lobby in a run, not walk, but run in work boots, not her normal actions. She was running away from her car, where she may or may not have stopped, and seemed to be headed to the walkway toward the river. It has been told her keys and cell phone were not left behind. I was at the the vigil last night in the pouring rain and at least 3 local tv stations were there to get her picture out, so that is good. Please keep the prayers coming for our Kelly to return.

Are you family, friend, co-worker or a local in the area?

Are you family, friend, co-worker or a local in the area?

looks like curious18 has a family member that works at the same company that kelly works at... only a local... :)

Keeping Kelly and her family in my prayers today.

Salem

looks like curious18 has a family member that works at the same company that kelly works at... only a local... :)

That is correct Nellie, I have a relative that works there....wonderful people all around really. I try my best to state facts, and make note of rumors, sometimes hard to keep track, but I stand by all my posts so far. BTW, the local news paper said nothing was found on her cell phone records, first I have heard of this and I have limited faith in our local paper.

Jamie, AnotherNiece, Curious, joseph....(if I've overlooked any of our locals and family members I'm sorry). First of all, I want to remind all of you how thankful we are that Kelly has each and every one of you to fight for her.

I have a request if if one or all of you would be so kind....

Could one of you please take the map I've provided below and indicate to us on the map where Kelly's car was parked, what door she is said to have run out of, where her gloves and goggles were found, and what path she would have likely taken to the river once she ran through the lobby doors...please?

Catalano4.jpg

I've found that my friends here at Websleuths, like myself, work very well on "visual" information. Any help that any of you can provide would be much appreciated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And to the rest of you....I tried, but if I blew the margins all to wah~hoo I sowwy. I do maps guys, not web design. You all know I suck at making pictures fit the screen and for some reason I absolutely do not get "attaching" it. Can someone please shrink this monster for me, if it did blow the margins, so if it's carried forward it doesn't mess Kelly's thread all up for everyone continually?

If it did blow the magins, please don't anyone quote it until some wonderful poster bails me out and shrinks it.:blushing:

Shutterfly....

Thank you for blowing the map up...this really helps a lot! I was trying to figure out the "lay of the land" with the other map but this size really makes it much easier to see detail.

That will be extremely helpful if we can get the additional details as well.

I see railroad tracks on one side, is that the rivers edge on the other?

I see railroad tracks on one side, is that the rivers edge on the other?

Give me a couple minutes and I'll back it up a bit for ya Julie, so you can better see what's just outside of this area.

General information.....

For anyone in need of it, here's a map of the entire immediate vicinity of Blueprint. The blue line marks the distance to the nearest store (2.2 miles) and as you can see, Interstate 95 is about 1.75 miles from Blueprint. There are many businesses in the surrounding area similar to Blueprint, factory work of sorts.

Catalano.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member