VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think that has been answered for the day Kelly went missing. Some had said they had seen her walking on other days. But I dont remember anyone saying that they had seen her on the morning of Jan 15.

as far as i know the duck hunters that i know did not see any one, with the exception for the police on saterday. Joe called me and told me the story about a woman that had been reported missing. The police asked them to stop thier hunt so they could start searching the area. there may have been other duck hunters in the area, but joe didnt mention that he had seen anyone except the police on saterday. Joe and his wife decided to help with the searches , and asked me if i could help with the search. we all searched day after day and turned up nothing. I even brought my atv so that i could get more area covered in a shorter time . I would be more than happy to help anyone in a case like this , beacuse it was the right thing to do once i was made aware of the situation. It was very cold on most of the days we searched and also had some snow to make things worse. I wish that there was more to go on . I have a paddle boat if any one wants to use it to go around the area and search for clues and look around the area.
What ever i can do to help i will. I dont think giving up is an option . I wish shutterfly would come back and help. I think that she was an excellent person for this case. My prayers and heart goes out to kelly's family. If anyone wants to contact me they can email me or call me .

Scrappy....you have a heart of gold! Thank you so much for taking up Kelly's cause and searching for her in what had to be cold and unfavorable conditions. Blessings to you!

Scrappy....you have a heart of gold! Thank you so much for taking up Kelly's cause and searching for her in what had to be cold and unfavorable conditions. Blessings to you!

Agreed!

And I will add....Shutterfly please come back!!!

I too wish Shutterfly would return. We may have taken a few detours in our desire to help find justice for Kelly. Hey, at least we were trying and our hearts were in the right place. All possibilities are worth being discussed & examined. Except suicide. I think we all agree Kelly was murdered.

Was it ever discussed on this thread or any of these threads whether the ex had any ties to LE? I can't recall if that's ever been addressed.

I dont believe we discussed it but Im not real sure of who the ex has ties with these days.

BUMPING FOR KELLY!!!

(Family, do you mind providing an update..I know the case is officially "closed." Are there any appeals to re-open, any letters being written to public officials, is there any kind of a status or anything we can do to help??) Thanks!

Nothing new to tell but I sure wish there was. Have requested some files but still havent received anything yet. Still stuck in the same hell!

Please contact your political representatives in your state as well as the Commonwealth of VA...get them on your side and get this process moving faster....they can make it happen.

Please contact your political representatives in your state as well as the Commonwealth of VA...get them on your side and get this process moving faster....they can make it happen.

They dont seem to be much help either!!!! I dont know maybe Im just asking the wrong people. Im at a complete lose. I know Kelly didnt committ suicide but getting anyone who didnt know her to believe it is alot harder than you can imagine.

AnotherNeice remember the Progress Index reporter who posted here and was so supportive in his stories? Try contacting him.

Markus Schmidt may be reached at 722-5172 or mschmidt@progress-index.com

I know my mom has traveled back down to VA since Kelly memorial in May and she met with a couple of reporters and has been talking to them. They helped her with what questions she should ask when she met with the ME and LE. There are a few reporters that arent buying the LE's description of what happened on January 15,2010 but they are having the same issues as I am...proving they are wrong. I will contact Mr Schmidt again and see if he has anything new to share. Thank you for the # and email address Knox!

I know Kelly didnt committ suicide but getting anyone who didnt know her to believe it is alot harder than you can imagine.

Hey AN -- Don't lose hope. There are a lot of posters here who didn't know her personally, but, like you, have an extremely (impossibly?) hard time believing the suicide explanation. Kelly hasn't been forgotten.

AN - Contact the Gov. of VA as well as the Gov of PA - let each of them know that you have contacted the other. Also contact the VA State Police.

If this doesn't get you any action... Go to the local news stations. Also, maybe Mr. Schmidt will do another story regarding Kelly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/19/health/19seco.html
he Web site for the College of American Pathologists keeps a list of board-certified pathologists who perform private autopsies. Most charge $3,000 to $5,000, said Dr. Gregory J. Davis, a professor of pathology at the University of Kentucky and a spokesman for the pathologists’ group.

Interesting article about getting a second opinion autopsy.

Just google second opinion autopsy and see what comes up...

Interesting that David Widlak's body has just been found in the water in Michigan and that he died by drowning and LE is considering it a homicide. He had been missing several weeks and was found with his wallet containing cash and wedding ring. He was found in shallow water.

Shows how different LE come to different conclusions. I agree with most here that the LE in Kelly's case are wrong.

Very interesting parallels, thank you Malini for mentioning David's case.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20019937-504083.html
http://www.freep.com/article/201010...-David-Widlaks-body-has-no-blunt-force-trauma

Autopsy points to drowning for David Widlak

Chad Halcom Lake St. Clair
The site near where police say banker David Widlak's body was discovered in Harrison Township.
| | | | | |

A preliminary autopsy report by the Macomb County medical examiner on Monday points to drowning as the cause of death for banker David Widlak.
John Donnelly, managing partner of Grosse Pointe investment banking firm Donnelly Penman & Partners Inc., and Widlak's brother-in-law, said the family was advised today that a preliminary report by Chief Medial Examiner Daniel Spitz points to drowning, which Donnelly said "very clearly" suggests foul play. The family is considering commissioning an independent autopsy of its own, but Donnelly said that decision isn't expected until late today at the earliest.

(Update: Family will get independent autopsy.)

Widlak, 62, was the president of Mt. Clemens-based Community Central Bank Corp. since 2006.

Ray Colonius, interim CEO of the bank, reported through an employee Monday morning that he would be in meetings with board members at the bank's headquarters on Monday; but Donald Mann, a former deputy commissioner of the state banking commissioner and a consultant hired to work with Community Central, said no board meeting was convened. He expects the board will meet later this week to take a course of action in response to the body being recovered.

AN - Contact the Gov. of VA as well as the Gov of PA - let each of them know that you have contacted the other. Also contact the VA State Police.

If this doesn't get you any action... Go to the local news stations. Also, maybe Mr. Schmidt will do another story regarding Kelly.

I think MB is so right here...sadly Kelly's family will have to be unyieldingly persistant here....I really think it's going to come down to which side gets worn down and too tired to fight this battle anymore. But I truly do believe that is the only way Kelly will ever be served justice.

After reading and learning so much on these threads, I now believe that VA and OK law enf and med ex offices must be in some sort of competition to prove which is the absolute worst in this country.

Thanks its nice to know everyone is still here with me cause this is the loneliest feeling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr