GUILTY VA - Larkin Carter Carr, 4, beaten to death, Norfolk, 12 Nov 2018 *2 Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family of murdered boy speaks after accused killer charged
The medical examiner said the boy died from blunt force trauma and recorded 80 to 90 bruises to his head and body.

May 3, 2019

"NORFOLK, Va. — At just four-years-old, Larkin Carr was killed.

The medical examiner said the boy died from blunt force trauma and recorded 80 to 90 bruises to his head and body.

"He didn't even really have a life," said Becky Gearhart about Carr dying at a young age.

Gearhart is Carr's aunt. She said she's still very upset over the boy's death.

"Still to this day, when I think about that little boy and how everything went, when I see something on Facebook or something, I still cry about it," she said...."

Family of murdered boy speaks after accused killer charged

larkin-carr-harrisonburg-va-obituary.jpg

On January 30, Seals’ defense lawyer argued that her bail should be reduced since she wasn’t home at the time boy died, but still called emergency services to get him help. Judge Lauri D. Hogge, who said she was “speechless” after reviewing graphic images of Larkin’s tiny bruised body, denied the woman’s bond.

“I may go vomit,” the judge said.
[.....]
Bolsinger-Hartshorn is being charged as an adult, is facing a second-degree murder charge. Both Seals and the teen remain behind bars without bond.

Ah, gotta love a judge that tells it like she sees it and then denies motions.

@Niner

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) -- The father of a 4-year-old boy who died in Norfolk last November has been charged with abuse.

Hank Smith is charged with felony child abuse after he reportedly failed to get necessary medical care for his son, Larkin Carter Carr.

Larkin died at Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters from blunt force trauma to the abdomen on Nov. 12.

Wednesday, June 12th:
*Hearing (@ 9:30am ET) – VA – Larkin Carter Carr (4) (Nov. 12, 2018, Norfolk) – only for *Catherine Louise Seals (35) (GF of father) arrested (11/2018), charged (1/30/19) & indicted (5/1/19) with 1st degree murder & 2 counts of felony child abuse & neglect. Held without bond.
Court information from 1/30/19 thru 4/17/19 reference post #17 here:
VA - Larkin Carter Carr, 4, beaten to death, Norfolk, 12 Nov 2018 *Arrests*

5/1/19 Update: Grand Jury indicts Seals on 1st degree murder charge & 2 counts of felony child abuse & neglect. Trial starts 8/12. Next hearing on 6/12.

*Robert Bolsinger-Hartshorn (14) arrested (11/2018), charged (4/15/19) & indicted (5/1/19) with 2nd degree murder by strangulation. Held without bond.
4/1/19 Update: Is expected back in court on abuse charges April 15. Prosecutors plan to try the teen as an adult. They are still determining if the same will apply to the second-degree murder charge.
5/1/19 Update: Will be charged as adult with 2nd degree murder.

@cybervampira - Virginia circuit court kicked me out on my last search so couldn't get to this case.

Anything on Robert or Hank Smith or Catherine?

TIA! :)

Bumping up - maybe @mistivon could you please check for Hank Smith & Robert Bolsinger-Hartshorn. And if there is an age for Hank?

I have Seals for trial on 8/12, unless this has changed too. TIA! :)

I tried the "new" Virginia court site I got from another case here.
Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System

they are in Norfolk Circuit Court

but not finding either one of them. Seals i there though.

Looks like Seals trial has been changed....

Seals:

Date Time Result Type Courtroom Plea Duration Jury

11/14/2019 09:35 AM TRIAL

11/13/2019 09:30 AM TRIAL

08/12/2019 09:30 AM NOT SET TRIAL

06/12/2019 09:30 AM NOT SET TRIAL

link: Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System

@SeesSeas - I have been unable to find either Robert Bolsinger-Hartshorn - his last hearing was 5/1/19
and on Hank (Henry?) Smith - nothing since 5/19/19.

It is Norfolk Circuit court. I looked on that "new" Virginia court site, but nothing is coming up on either of these guys. TIA!

@SeesSeas - I have been unable to find either Robert Bolsinger-Hartshorn - his last hearing was 5/1/19
and on Hank (Henry?) Smith - nothing since 5/19/19.

It is Norfolk Circuit court. I looked on that "new" Virginia court site, but nothing is coming up on either of these guys. TIA!
I didn't have success, either. It could be that Robert Bolsinger-Hartshorn is still in juvenile court and that the records aren't accessible. Was a decision ever made to try the teen in adult court?
No luck on finding Hank Smith or Henry Smith.
Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System

Posting cases for SEALS (for future reference):
Norfolk Circuit Court
Case #: CR19000261-00
Defendant: SEALS, CATHERINE LOUISE
Offense Date: 11/12/2018
Hearing: 02/21/2019
Charge: BAIL-APPEAL CONDITN OF RELEASE
Code Section: 19.2-124

Norfolk Circuit Court
Case #: CR19000822-00
Hearing: 08/12/2019
Charge: CHILD ABUSE/NEGLECT
Code Section: 18.2-371.1

Norfolk Circuit Court
Case #: CR19000822-01
Offense Date: 11/09/2018
Hearing: 08/12/2019
Charge: FELONY HOMICIDE
Code Section: 18.2-33

Yes, I couldn't find anything on Hank or Henry Smith either. Per my notes on Robert - "DA plans on trying the teen as an adult last hearing 5/1/19."

Monday, August 12th:
*Hearing (@ 9:30am ET) – VA – Larkin Carter Carr (4) (Nov. 12, 2018, Norfolk) – only for *Catherine Louise Seals (35) (GF of father) arrested (11/2018), charged (1/30/19) & indicted (5/1/19) with 1st degree murder & 2 counts of felony child abuse & neglect. Held without bond.
Court information from 1/30/19 thru 4/17/19 reference post #17 here:
VA - Larkin Carter Carr, 4, beaten to death, Norfolk, 12 Nov 2018 *Arrests*

5/1/19 Update: Grand Jury indicts Seals on 1st degree murder charge & 2 counts of felony child abuse & neglect. Trial starts 8/12. Next hearing on 6/12. Next pretrial hearing on 8/12.

*Robert Bolsinger-Hartshorn
(14) arrested (11/2018), charged (4/15/19) & indicted (5/1/19) with 2nd degree murder by strangulation. Held without bond.
4/1/19 Update: Is expected back in court on abuse charges April 15. Prosecutors plan to try the teen as an adult. They are still determining if the same will apply to the second-degree murder charge.
5/1/19 Update: Will be charged as adult with 2nd degree murder. No update as of 8/12

*Hank Smith () – No updates since 5/19/19 when charged with felony child abuse.

Seals:

Case #: CR19000822-00
Hearing: 11/13/2019
Charge: CHILD ABUSE/NEGLECT
Code Section: 18.2-371.1
Norfolk Circuit Court

Case #: CR19000822-01
Offense Date: 11/09/2018
Hearing: 11/13/2019
Charge: FELONY HOMICIDE
Code section: 18.2.-33
Arlington General District Cout

link: Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System

1. Just you and me here, Niner. Poor little boy was in a horrible situation, it breaks my heart. The cruelty of that dam teenager was unreal. imo. The damage done to little Larkin was awful to read about. Only four years old. :(

2. At first, I thought Larkin's father was maybe at sea, but it sounds now like he was home when all or some of this went down. Three adults (including the teenager). Three "big people" against one little 4 year old boy. One article mentioned that this was supposed to be a try-out custody arrangement. Not good for this child, maybe someone wanted to be free of some child-support payments? Or were the beatings just for fun, just because they could?
JMT/O.

Don't know how in the world I formatted the above, but don't know how to undo it. :oops:

Teenager accused of murdering Norfolk 4-year-old charged as an adult

OCTOBER 9, 2019

"NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A teenager accused of beating a 4-year-old to death has been charged as an adult, court officials say.

15-year-old Robert Bolsinger-Hartshorn is charged with the second-degree murder of Larkin Carter Carr. 10 On Your Side is naming Robert in this article because he was certified as an adult by Norfolk Juvenile Domestic Relations Court Judge Robert Smith III on Wednesday.

Robert was 14 years old at the time of the alleged murder. 4-year-old Larkin died of blunt force trauma to the abdomen in November 2018, and an autopsy showed that he was covered with between 80 and 90 bruises at the time of his death.

Five other charges against Robert — two strangulation, two child abuse, and one malicious wounding — were nolled prossed by the request of Norfolk Prosecutor Jill Harris. Those charges were connected to incidents that happened involving Larkin and his 3-year-old brother, Tyler, between July and November 2018.

Also charged in the case are Larkin’s father, Hank Smith, and Robert’s mother, Catherine Seals.

Smith is charged with child abuse and neglect in connection to Larkin’s death, and Seals is charged with felony homicide and child abuse and neglect....

The case against Robert will go before a Grand Jury in November. Smith is scheduled to appear in Norfolk Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court on Oct. 24 for a preliminary hearing. Seals’ case is scheduled to go to trial in Norfolk Circuit Court on Nov. 13."

Teenager accused of murdering Norfolk 4-year-old charged as an adult

I'm gonna try to follow this one -- just now seeing it -- thank you @Niner, @teedie, and @YESorNO for keeping up with it.
This one is Way Up There in its horror, but little Larkin is up there with the other little angels who are no longer in pain nor fear.

Is there a name for human beings who are not really human?

Re Hank Smith - don't know how old he is & he is NOT in the Norfolk Circuit court site. Anyone know what the "Hank" stands for - I thought Henry - but nothing in there under that name either....

Anyone?? TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back