VA VA - Lauren Smith, 22, Madison County, 21 Nov 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Haven't heard of this case and have been living in Va for most of the last two years. Sad there are no updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just came across this article. It mentions that someone who was questioned in connection with Lauren's disappearance was accused of posting fake sex ads online targeting a woman he dated briefly, officials said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013...alking-case/UPI-27641365088403/#ixzz2cwHIBbLr

"We just took another look at him," Madison County sheriff's investigator Greg Garrett said Wednesday. "There is nothing there at this time to indicate [Kuban] is involved in Lauren's disappearance."

Here is another actical talking about the stalking that the man was arrested for
http://www.northernvatimes.com/culp...stalker-arrested-for-harassing-marshall-woman

I wonder what Lauren's connection to this guy was. He sounds like bad news.

Lauren is still missing.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/authorities-seek-public-s-help-in-search-for-madison-woman/article_8da9de0a-588e-11e3-a3cd-001a4bcf6878.html

Many facts surrounding Smith’s disappearance have raised red flags for investigators — the Oak Ridge Lane home she may or may not have been dropped off at that day at the time belonged to Kenneth Kuban, who was recently sentenced to federal prison in connection with a sex ad stalking case authorities say is unrelated to Smith’s disappearance. A gun was reported missing from the home though.

Smith is reported to have possibly been carrying a large sum of money that day to possibly purchase a car, but she apparently didn’t take any possessions with her except a cell phone. Authorities tried calling the phone repeatedly, but were never able to reach her.

The connection to Kuban is bizarre. He is one scary guy. Why was she cleaning his house? How was that set up, how long had she been cleaning for him? And he just happens to report his gun missing on the same day? And now articles are saying, "May or may not have been dropped off" at Kuban's house?! Before it was her cousin Andrew Salas that dropped her off at Kuban's. Now it says survellience shows her and a friend visiting another friend at convenience store around that same time. Does cousin= the friend she was with?

Then suddenly it's all, "oh she's been planning this for awhile"??

Bizarre. I hope she is safe.

Lauren Susann Smith
smith_lauren.jpg

Above: Smith, circa 2011

bar.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: November 21, 2011 from Leon, Virginia
Classification: Missing
Height and Weight: 5'5, 250 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A dark blue hooded sweatshirt.
bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Smith's cousin dropped her off at a residence on Oak Ridge Lane in Leon, Virginia at 2:15 p.m. on November 21, 2011. She was being paid to clean the house. Its owner came home later and discovered the house was unlocked and the dogs had been let out, but the home hadn't been cleaned. A revolver had disappeared from the house and was never located. Surveillance video from a nearby 7-11 showed Smith visiting a friend at the store. This is the last indication of her whereabouts; she has never been heard from again. Smith was carrying between $2,000 and $5,000 in cash at the time of her disappearance; she planned to use the money to buy a car. She left behind her passport, credit cards and driver's license. Smith is an avid gamer and played online video games with people from all over the world, but authorities weren't able to link that to her disappearance. At the time she went missing, she was studying at Longwood University. Authorities believe she may have left of her own accord, but little information is available in her case; it remains unsolved.
bar.jpg

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Madison County Sheriff's Office
540-948-5161

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/smith_lauren.html

Five years missing. This article is from 6 months ago.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/starex...cle_68533576-155a-11e6-bab6-2b83c9f2527e.html

Authorities are still seeking the public’s assistance with what Greg Garrett, Madison County Sheriff’s investigator, terms an open and active case.

“Not a day goes by that I don’t think about this case,” Garrett said. “We are hopeful that one day we will find Lauren and close this case. Someone out there saw or knows something. Any small detail might just be the one that helps us solve this.”

Smith was carrying between $2,000 and $5,000 in cash at the time of her disappearance; she planned to use the money to buy a car. She left behind her passport, credit cards and driver's license

In my opinions only: this tells me she wasn't planning to disappear that day. However carrying so much cash, she could have been a target for robbery. Perhaps she was lured somewhere. How interesting that a weapon went missing with her.

• lauren_susanne_smith_1.jpg
  • lauren_susanne_smith_2.jpg
  • lauren_susanne_smith_3.jpg
  • lauren_susanne_smith_4.jpg
  • lauren_susanne_smith_7.jpg
Smith, circa 2011; Surveillance video image of Smith on the day of her disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back