VA VA - Leyla Namiranian, 41, Chesterfield, 4 April 2012 *M. Edwards guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting info on Darrell Rice Freed to read online. He is a real piece of work.
I can't find him in the VA inmate listing or Federal prison listings.
Will keep looking soon.

Interesting info on Darrell Rice Freed to read online. He is a real piece of work.
I can't find him in the VA inmate listing or Federal prison listings.
Will keep looking soon.

Last thing I can find for him is that he was serving a parole violation from April 2009 to December 2009. Then Elenanor, Kelly, Jill and Joan (little different disappearance then the rest) But a large # of missing woman all about the same age come up missing when this guy is out. He is suppose to be living with mother in MD but mother sold house a few years ago and is in VA. He has a GPS system so LE can track him but there is huge gaps in time missing according to his Parole violation in April 2009.

Bumping for Leyla. I can't let this thread fade away!

I live in Richmond, VA and this disappearance has really gotten to me. I pray for Leyla and her family

another missing woman linked to D.R. was Alicia Showalter Reynolds

"In an interview with Stan Gregg on March 4, 2003, U.S. Marshal Larry Carter (now deceased) claimed that Rice admitted to a "rage against women" that sometimes erupted when he was on the highway and that he liked to "run women off the road" on Route 29. When Carter asked what he did after that, Rice said he would "just keep going." "

Retrieved from: http://www.readthehook.com/85777/co...showalter-reynolds-fall-and-rise-darrell-rice

Currently I live in Richmond, VA but I grew up in Fredericksburg (when the Lisk sisters and Sofia Silva were murdered) and I remember the murder of Alicia Showalter. In my opinion, there is a serial killer in VA and he is targeting petite/athletic brunettes that are between the ages of 25-40.

hey neighbors! it is breaking my heart that there have been no new news article in almost 10 days.
Any ideas on who we should contact? I am contacted all of the local tv stations and tv anchors that I know here.
The first time I contacted them - they were great and it seemed like most of them posted the story on the facebook.
The next time I contacted them - I only heard from a handful of them and nothing was posted. No new info = the story is fading away :(

It makes me so sad that she doesn't have anyone in her life to help keep the spotlight on her case -- father a foreigner, brother and ex-husband living far away. I hope someone is quietly putting pressure on police -- maybe Altria if no one else.

hey neighbors! it is breaking my heart that there have been no new news article in almost 10 days.
Any ideas on who we should contact? I am contacted all of the local tv stations and tv anchors that I know here.
The first time I contacted them - they were great and it seemed like most of them posted the story on the facebook.
The next time I contacted them - I only heard from a handful of them and nothing was posted. No new info = the story is fading away :(

Redsky...There is a reporter for Progress Index (Michael Buettner) who was very helpful when kelly went missing. I believe he might have been the reporter that posted on WS about kellys case. He never agreed with captain Patterson about Kellys case. He sees the problem with missing woman in VA.
Here is his # and email address that I found at the bottom of an article about Kelly. Michael Buettner may be reached at 722-5155 or mbuettner@progress-index.com. I hope he can help Leyla and get her story out there!

Read more: http://progress-index.com/news/medi...th-suicide-by-drowning-1.800624#ixzz1tUC5bhDW.

Any news? I can not find anything new online. Haven't heard anything on the local news. Did they all just give up? I am really surprised there is NO coverage of this missing woman. I just don't understand how people keep disappearing. As a local, any suggestions on what I can do to help aid in the search would be appriciated.

Would make for a good ID or Dateline show - that would get some attention :woohoo: !

Did I make it up it or did I see a video or read a news story in which a neighbor mentioned Leyla's yard and a landscaper??? I checked them all and I can't find it but I'm about 98% sure I saw/read it.

The 'authorities' aren't asking for tips from the public. WHY? The family isn't pleading for Leyla's safe return. WHY? They sealed this case up like a vault around day 8 and it looks as if no one is talking. WHY? Typically, I think if they do locate her and she requests to remain 'hidden' then they tend to say she's found, she's safe, the end. They haven't done that either. WHY? So then are we to assume, due to the of lack of media attention and answers, that they aren't even looking for her? Is that why there's no information out there now?

There is just no way that Leyla set off down her sidewalk and went skipping down the street, carrying her purse, in this neighborhood. Someone would have seen her. She had to have gotten into a car/left with a close neighbor..or she's still in that location....somewhere.

I'll tell you what.... if one of my neighbors vanished like this I'd be at the police station beating on the roof to get information. How do you know YOU'RE not next? How do you know there isn't some sick, sadistic freak hiding in the bushes, snatching women? I find it difficult to believe that the residents in this area believe that they are so insulated against violence that it can't happen to them. Well what happened to Leyla???????

If the next story even hints at the idea that 'sometimes people do spontaneously decide to commit suicide' I think I'm going to blow a gasket.

Naturally that's just my opinion.

Wow, another missing woman from my hometown? I'm glad someone brought up Kelly. She was the first person that came to my mind.

Hoping for answers.

I can't find any new news articles or any recent ones at all. I am at a loss as to what to do.
Surely the police know who the man she met online is, if she did indeed meet someone online?
I thought the story about her father flying overseas to be here (weeks ago) would bring new info to the case but it didn't. Can anyone think of a reason that her father, ex husband and sister wouldn't be trying to keep her disappearance in the news? :(
She is a woman who prob lives with a rigid schedule and sticks to the same one everyday (as hard as she works!). It's out of place.

I instantly thought of Kelly as well. Let's not let this one fade away! Hey Shutterfly!! :)

I do not understand why the media is not covering it. Why isn't law enforcement communicating with the public? I am worried about Leyla. Has everyone besides a few of us on websleuths forgotten about her?

I am 45 years old and live in Chesterfield, too. This scares me.

It looks like a problem that has happened with other police units in the USA and around the world: downgrading crimes to noncrimes on purpose to make the crime statistics artificially good.

Years ago, the Philadelphia police department was classifying rapes as nonrapes and basically ignoring the victims and the crimes until a woman, Shannon Shieber, was murdered during a rape.

http://inquirer.philly.com/packages/crime/2004/022104inqmain.asp

Recently, the police in Suwon, South Korea revealed a person they recently arrested for a murder/dismemberment may be a serial killer since there are 135 missing women and children in the area. Before he was caught, the citizens weren't aware there were so many missing females. The police didn't respond to an emergency call from his most recent victim until she was already dead and then they tried to cover it up.

http://rokdrop.com/2012/04/12/suwon-murder-suspect-could-be-a-serial-killer/

It gets old seeing police departments doing this. It's bad enough that the police in Virginia are downgrading murderers down to noncrimes and literally blaming the victims. But it's even more appalling that these victims were productive members of society. These women were taxpayers who have been paying the salaries of the police for years. The police pocket the tax money from these women and discard the women just as casually as the murderers themselves. It's sickening.

I think the only way anything is going to get done is for AnotherNiece and others who care to contact the Richmond branch of the National Organization for Women (NOW), and similar organizations at the local and national level, and stage some protests in front of the police headquarters, after calling the news media and letting them know it's about to happen, so the public will be made aware of the problem.

http://www.now.org/chapters/va.html

A lot of women in the area are probably like Shannon Shieber and have their guard down because they don't know about the crimes. Leyla Namiranian didn't think she could become a victim of the killer of Kelly Catalano, since the police reported the killer, Kelly Catalano herself, was already dead. But when it's obviously some person who is still alive and on the prowl, you end up with a long trail of dead women.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back