VA VA - Lorton, Massey Creek near I-95, BlkMale 3-6, 461UMVA, Jun'72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was just looking at this child's doe page earlier today. I'm so glad others haven't forgotten him.

Good find Carl! I think they look very much alike. I don't think the height difference is much of an issue. I couldn't tell you the exact height of my 10 year old. And if you used the height listed at his last doctor's appt, you'd be off by about 10 inches.

Ears, nose, chin, and overall shape of the head look right, circumstances fit -- looks close to me.

Turn it in Carl!!!!

I do find it hard to believe that these haven't been compared considering close proximity (60 miles) but this is such an old case, maybe it was overlooked.

I called it in to the Crime Solvers number provided in DoeNet. She took down the info and said that she would pass it on to detectives in Fairfax County. She said that this probably has been looked into, as their cold case unit is very active with regard to these old cases. But she will pass it on nevertheless.

I am probably not going to have any luck if I try to follow-up on this, as that particular Crime Stoppers operation doesn't appear to have a means for tipsters to check up on the tip. They just take down info and pass it along, but don't have access to the progress of the tips that they receive.

Carl,

I can't remember if you have dealt with Baltimore PDin the past, with other cases but wonder if they would be of any luck to contact? (They are listed as contact people on Solomon's Charley Case file)

This strikes me as another suspiciously hasty rule-out.

The odds of 2 African American boys missing in the same time frame, in such close proximity to each other, close in age & appearance (I think the Solomon & the recon look very similar) etc, is highly unlikely.

Also, the child died from an extreme beating, and while I don't want to cast aspersions, if the mother and/or grandmother were physically abusive to the child and were responsible for his death, wouldn't they want to have the JD 'ruled out' in order to avoid prosecution?

On the other hand, they may simply not have recognized Solomon (the article says that they were shown the postmortem picture of Lorton JD) due to the distortion of facial features that traumatic injury can cause. I've heard it said over and over again re: traffic accident victims, "she/he was unrecognizable."

Mitochondrial DNA is available. I say reconsider the rule-out and compare the DNA to Solomon's mother.

I just wanted to please bump this little one up to help find out who he is.This is very sad.Does anyone know if there has been a recent update on this little unidentified boy?

This strikes me as another suspiciously hasty rule-out.

The odds of 2 African American boys missing in the same time frame, in such close proximity to each other, close in age & appearance (I think the Solomon & the recon look very similar) etc, is highly unlikely.

Also, the child died from an extreme beating, and while I don't want to cast aspersions, if the mother and/or grandmother were physically abusive to the child and were responsible for his death, wouldn't they want to have the JD 'ruled out' in order to avoid prosecution?

On the other hand, they may simply not have recognized Solomon (the article says that they were shown the postmortem picture of Lorton JD) due to the distortion of facial features that traumatic injury can cause. I've heard it said over and over again re: traffic accident victims, "she/he was unrecognizable."

Mitochondrial DNA is available. I say reconsider the rule-out and compare the DNA to Solomon's mother.

Was Solomon ever ruled out with DNA? I agree he should be checked again.

This case finally made it into the Namus database today (Namus UP #10859)
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10859
Recognizable face but no image posted yet into the namus database
PreAdolescent
Minimum age 4 years (not age 3-6 as listed in Charley Project)
Maximum age 6 years
Race Black/African American
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 50, Measured
Height (inches) 45, Measured (previously listed as 48 inches=4 feet in CProject)
Hair: black
eyes: brown
circumcised

Namus has no mention of the severe head beating or the thrown in water part.
Namus has the city misspelled (Larton) in one place but then it is spelled correctly in another section (Lorton).

There doesn't appear to be anything new. The Namus listing doesn't even have the reconstruction photo. Sigh.

Some LE don't bother to update, and some have the ruleouts set to private so we can't see them. Given the lack of updates generally, I suspect they just aren't maintaining it.

Some LE don't bother to update, and some have the ruleouts set to private so we can't see them. Given the lack of updates generally, I suspect they just aren't maintaining it.

Page has been updated, with what I am not sure

April 29, 2016 07:55

Here's a new casefile just added this morning to Charley Project.

I wonder if Solomon Gomile Rose III has been compared to this Unidentified boy.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rose_solomon.html

DoeNetwork Case 461UMVA http://doenetwork.org/cases/461umva.html

461UMVA.jpg
rose_solomon.jpg

Lorton VA is only about 60 miles from Baltimore, and the time frame is about 2 1/2 months.

There is a full foot difference in heights, but height measurements for children are very unreliable because they are growing so fast.

Facial similarities are absolutely striking. Namus has no rule outs listed for the boy. Can we contact Maryland PD of Solomon case for a change, to somehow convince them to get another look to scientifically compare the two, due to location, timing, circumstances and strong resemblance?

Since DNA is complete on UID and George and Solomon, I think they should be considered ruled out. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran
Back