VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, I'm convinced he dismembered her body in the bathtub (remember those knives he purchased), placed it into trash bags, and distributed it in various dumpsters. Unfortunately, that trash would be long gone, and landfill searches would be insanely difficult. I think this is going to be a no-body murder case, which will be as close to a slam dunk as you can get for a case like that.
Agree. What do you make of the new searches? A diagram of a brain and “chicken farm near me." ???

SEP 20, 2024
  • One of the places NB was seen on camera disposing trash bags was an apartment complex where he would take his daughter to a babysitter. Another was a trash compactor in Falls Church.
  • They also have video of NB buying rubberized gloves, knives, extra-large storage bags and cleaning supplies after Mamta disappeared.
  • NB searched the internet for a diagram of a brain and “chicken farm near me,” prosecutors said.

Revolting.
Poor Mamta !
To allegedly do this to the woman he once promised to love, who bore his child, and who at the time of her 'vanishing' was the main wage earner.
She was doing everything for him.
I still wish they could find her somehow, some way.
Just so angry right now.

Her poor heartbroken family.
In her culture, isn't it important to have a body to bury ?
Omo.

Agree. What do you make of the new searches? A diagram of a brain and “chicken farm near me." ???
Those are weird, and I'd love to have more context, to include when exactly those searches were made and how these came up in court. There just has to be more details, because it makes no sense to just randomly throw searches out there that make no sense on their own.

Those are weird, and I'd love to have more context, to include when exactly those searches were made and how these came up in court. There just has to be more details, because it makes no sense to just randomly throw searches out there that make no sense on their own.
It sounds like they came up as part of the new timeline presented. The searches took place Jul 30 at 4:13 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. MOO

• Mon, Jul 29: The date of Mamta's last video call with her mother, to whom she spoke twice a day.
  • Tue, Jul 30, 5:40 a.m.: NB sends the Bhatts’ babysitter, Amanda, a text.
  • Tue, Jul 30, 6:30 a.m.: NB drops off Mini Mamta at the babysitter’s apt at Clark Place in Manassas.
  • Tue, Jul 30, 6:40 a.m.: NB is seen on camera dropping several plastic and trash bags into a dumpster at the apt complex.
  • Tue, Jul 30 and Wed, Jul 31: NB is seen on camera discarding bags at various dumpsters.
  • Tue, Jul 30, 4:13 a.m.: NB performs a Google search for “Diagram of brain” and at 4:30 a.m., looks up “Chicken farm near me.”
  • Later that morning: NB goes shopping at Home Depot and Walmart, buying a set of knives at the latter. That evening, he purchases a “40-pack of extra strong black trash bags,” according to Sami.
  • Wed, Jul 31, 1:30 a.m.: NB is captured on video in Falls Church retrieving bags from his Tesla and putting them into a trash compactor. His Tesla tracks him to that location, but his phone is inactive and not on his person at that time.
  • Wed, Jul 31, 5:30 p.m.: NB disposes of more items in the same dumpster at the babysitter’s apt complex.
  • Wed, Jul 31, 7 p.m.: NB returns to the apt complex to pick up Mini Mamta. The babysitter later tells police that he “was nervous and kept looking around,” Sami said.
  • Sami notes that between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Wed, Jul 31, over 150 gallons of water are consumed by the Bhatt residence – a far cry from the typical 3-4 gallons per hour, per Sami.
  • Thu, Aug. 1: NB’s phone is off with no activity, but Mamta’s phone sends out a signal from Loudoun Co. That day, NB goes to eat at a Liberty gas station, walks back to his Tesla “with a visible limp,” grabs some bags at his car, and walks over to a clothing donation bin – where LE later finds a bag with a white bathmat with light pink and reddish-brown staining that tests positive for blood.
  • After Thu, Aug. 1: In addition to missing Mini Mamta’s first birthday on Aug. 20, Mamta also misses her final U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services appointment to become a U.S. citizen.
  • Sometime after Fri, Aug. 2: NB asks the downstairs tenants in the residence to help him move the bed in his bedroom.
ETA: Sarah Sami is the Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney.

Last edited:
SEP 20, 2024
Sami also revealed that in February, Mamta Bhatt sent a picture of her bloody face with a swollen eye to her brother in Nepal “in case they needed to use it later,” Sami said.

:(

It sounds like they came up as part of the new timeline presented. The searches took place Jul 30 at 4:13 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. MOO

• Mon, Jul 29: The date of Mamta's last video call with her mother, to whom she spoke twice a day.
  • Tue, Jul 30, 5:40 a.m.: NB sends the Bhatts’ babysitter, Amanda, a text.
  • Tue, Jul 30, 6:30 a.m.: NB drops off Mini Mamta at the babysitter’s apt at Clark Place in Manassas.
  • Tue, Jul 30, 6:40 a.m.: NB is seen on camera dropping several plastic and trash bags into a dumpster at the apt complex.
  • Tue, Jul 30 and Wed, Jul 31: NB is seen on camera discarding bags at various dumpsters.
  • Tue, Jul 30, 4:13 a.m.: NB performs a Google search for “Diagram of brain” and at 4:30 a.m., looks up “Chicken farm near me.”
  • Later that morning: NB goes shopping at Home Depot and Walmart, buying a set of knives at the latter. That evening, he purchases a “40-pack of extra strong black trash bags,” according to Sami.
  • Wed, Jul 31, 1:30 a.m.: NB is captured on video in Falls Church retrieving bags from his Tesla and putting them into a trash compactor. His Tesla tracks him to that location, but his phone is inactive and not on his person at that time.
  • Wed, Jul 31, 5:30 p.m.: NB disposes of more items in the same dumpster at the babysitter’s apt complex.
  • Wed, Jul 31, 7 p.m.: NB returns to the apt complex to pick up Mini Mamta. The babysitter later tells police that he “was nervous and kept looking around,” Sami said.
  • Sami notes that between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Wed, Jul 31, over 150 gallons of water are consumed by the Bhatt residence – a far cry from the typical 3-4 gallons per hour, per Sami.
  • Thu, Aug. 1: NB’s phone is off with no activity, but Mamta’s phone sends out a signal from Loudoun Co. That day, NB goes to eat at a Liberty gas station, walks back to his Tesla “with a visible limp,” grabs some bags at his car, and walks over to a clothing donation bin – where LE later finds a bag with a white bathmat with light pink and reddish-brown staining that tests positive for blood.
  • After Thu, Aug. 1: In addition to missing Mini Mamta’s first birthday on Aug. 20, Mamta also misses her final U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services appointment to become a U.S. citizen.
  • Sometime after Fri, Aug. 2: NB asks the downstairs tenants in the residence to help him move the bed in his bedroom.
ETA: Sarah Sami is the Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney.
Fascinating; that Tesla had a story to tell. I love the water usage thing too, as no one thinks of that.

SEP 20, 2024
Noting:
  • NB sold his Tesla a day after police requested to check it.
  • Attorneys accuse him of disabling the car’s tracking device.
  • The blood streak under the bed was one foot wide.
  • The blood spatters in the bathroom were on the wall and blinds.
  • On a 14-minute body cam video from the welfare check, NB is heard telling LE how Mamta had gone missing before, they were going through a separation, she could be in NY or TX to see her sister (she doesn’t have a biological sister in the country), and an officer tell NB “If you’ve exhausted all efforts of figuring out her whereabouts and you believe she’s missing, please call 911.”

Officer: "Did she say why she left?"

Bhatt: "Because we are about to separate ... This is not the first time. Multiple times she go and comes back in few days."

In the nearly 12 min interaction with Manassas Park Police, #NareshBhatt said his missing wife could be in New York, Texas, Falls Church or Manassas.

"This is not the first time. Multiple times she go and then come back ..."

"And another thing, she has some mental issue ..."

SEP 23, 2024
According to motions filed Friday, Naresh Bhatt’s public defender is arguing “there was no probable cause to arrest him” in the disappearance of his wife, Mamta Kafle Bhatt, and is moving the court as early as September 27 to “quash the arrest warrant and any subsequent fruits” obtained as a result of his arrest.

(He is due in court Tues, 9/24 and Fri, 9/27 per the article)

The officer clarifies "She destroyed the phone and left? She said she was going to New York?".

Naresh Bhatt nods and says "Yeah, her sister, like one of her sisters."

FULL VIDEO: Police's first interaction with husband of missing mom Mamta Kafle Bhatt

Last edited:
I naturally posted that tweet without reading all of it, but of note, they have conducted some sort of investigation of landfills. That tells me that they likely do believe she could have been dismembered and disposed of in trash receptacles.

Personally, I'm absolutely convinced of it.
You arent the only one

She was systematically dismembered,” Holly Wirth, a former co-worker, said. “I have news for you, she’s not garbage

^ First red flag in video above.
The guy says his wife destroyed her phone pretty immediately after cop says he's looking for Mamta. That info is way too premature after the cop's enquiry. It's off. Subliminally already making an excuse for why she can't be contacted.

^ First red flag in video above.
The guy says his wife destroyed her phone pretty immediately after cop says he's looking for Mamta. That info is way too premature after the cop's enquiry. It's off. Subliminally already making an excuse for why she can't be contacted.
Just mountains of extraneous information. My head is spinning.

SEP 23, 2024
According to motions filed Friday, Naresh Bhatt’s public defender is arguing “there was no probable cause to arrest him” in the disappearance of his wife, Mamta Kafle Bhatt, and is moving the court as early as September 27 to “quash the arrest warrant and any subsequent fruits” obtained as a result of his arrest.

(He is due in court Tues, 9/24 and Fri, 9/27 per the article)

The officer clarifies "She destroyed the phone and left? She said she was going to New York?".

Naresh Bhatt nods and says "Yeah, her sister, like one of her sisters."

FULL VIDEO: Police's first interaction with husband of missing mom Mamta Kafle Bhatt

lol, no matter how many times he says “no probable cause,” he’s not going to be able to will that reality into existence.

Has he forgotten about all the blood?
The trash bag and knife purchases?
The trash dumps?
The fact that he had her “destroyed phone?”
His lies about where she was and who she was with?

That detective misstating that Mamta was “dragged,” is irrelevant. Her body is not where it should be, and it should be in the house on account of blood loss incompatible with life.

Officer: "Did she say why she left?"

Bhatt: "Because we are about to separate ... This is not the first time. Multiple times she go and comes back in few days."

In the nearly 12 min interaction with Manassas Park Police, #NareshBhatt said his missing wife could be in New York, Texas, Falls Church or Manassas.

"This is not the first time. Multiple times she go and then come back ..."

"And another thing, she has some mental issue ..."
He only left out a mountain lion.

(Alleged) murderers always struggle with their cover stories. Maybe they think it'll roll off their tongues when the inevitable questions begin. His little geography lesson there reads like: let me list for your all the places she isn't.

Deception bells are ringing.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620