VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Officer: "Did she say why she left?"

Bhatt: "Because we are about to separate ... This is not the first time. Multiple times she go and comes back in few days."

In the nearly 12 min interaction with Manassas Park Police, #NareshBhatt said his missing wife could be in New York, Texas, Falls Church or Manassas.

"This is not the first time. Multiple times she go and then come back ..."

"And another thing, she has some mental issue ..."

did he even ask why the cops were looking for her???

did he even ask why the cops were looking for her???
No! Just after the 7 minute mark, he asks, "So, she's not at the work?" and one of the officers tell him that her employer called, but that's about as close as it gets. MOO

ETA: At the 8-minute mark, they have muted the audio. Any lip-readers here?

Last edited:
No! Just after the 7 minute mark, he asks, "So, she's not at the work?" and one of the officers tell him that her employer called, but that's about as close as it gets. MOO

typical stupid murderer
if he was innocent he'd be asking why they're looking for her immediately

Prince William Circuit Court
Case #: CR24002302-00
Defendant: BHATT, NARESH DATT

12/18/2024 10:00 AM JURY TRIAL
12/17/2024 10:00 AM JURY TRIAL
12/16/2024 10:00 AM JURY TRIAL
12/11/2024 10:00 AM JURY TRIAL
12/10/2024 10:00 AM JURY TRIAL
12/09/2024 10:00 AM JURY TRIAL
12/09/2024 09:00 AM ARRAIGNMENT
11/20/2024 01:00 PM PRE-TRIAL
09/27/2024 09:00 AM MOTION - OTHER PRE-TRIAL
09/24/2024 09:00 AM MOTION - OTHER PRE-TRIAL

Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System

Oh, man. It's difficult to watch this beast holding their child in his disgusting arms. There's something incredibly wicked about a man who will disappear the mother of his child. JMO

typical stupid murderer
if he was innocent he'd be asking why they're looking for her immediately

Oh yeah. His first sentence was already about her leaving, no questions about why they are there or want to talk with her or anything. He he just blathers on & on. Noticed he was not wearing a wedding ring. (I don't know whether or not he normally did.) It made me mad that later in his monologue, he started saying she had mental problems. And may be looking for a job elsewhere, etc. All lies while pretending to be so nonchalant. I hope this guy never gets out of jail.

LE comes across as very professional.

MOO.

Oh, man. It's difficult to watch this beast holding their child in his disgusting arms. There's something incredibly wicked about a man who will disappear the mother of his child. JMO

I am wondering if Naresh married Mamta because of the dowry but she hoped to turn it into a real marriage, with the child and the house. That child was the reason she was killed. By law, she owned nothing of Naresh’s property and I understand that she would have probably left, she could survive with a kid and be a nurse she was self-sufficient. But her MIL, who probably contributed into breaking the wedge between her son and Mamta, sadly, got attached to the granddaughter. So much in this case is about the money. I won’t be surprised if he killed Malta not to pay child support.

Now, I tried to Google Nepalese child custody laws. They are different from US ones in that before the age of 5, the mother is the primary custodian. If Naresh was a stickler for old traditions, and divorce was imminent, interestingly, in Nepal he’d have less of a say over their daughter. (Just to understand his pattern of thinking, i think he planned to raise kid in the US.)

Now, I tried to Google Nepalese child custody laws. They are different from US ones in that before the age of 5, the mother is the primary custodian. If Naresh was a stickler for old traditions, and divorce was imminent, interestingly, in Nepal he’d have less of a say over their daughter. (Just to understand his pattern of thinking, i think he planned to raise kid in the US.)
^^rsbm

I agree about raising the child in the US. I believe Naresh is claiming some sort of military disability and has all along planned to use benefits provided to service members to care/support his child. His lovely wife was an obstacle for him so best to disappear what he considered the problem. MOO

I believe it was muted bc he was giving them his phone number and the officer repeated it back.

I am wondering if Naresh married Mamta because of the dowry but she hoped to turn it into a real marriage, with the child and the house. That child was the reason she was killed. By law, she owned nothing of Naresh’s property and I understand that she would have probably left, she could survive with a kid and be a nurse she was self-sufficient. But her MIL, who probably contributed into breaking the wedge between her son and Mamta, sadly, got attached to the granddaughter. So much in this case is about the money. I won’t be surprised if he killed Malta not to pay child support.

IMO he was planning to take the baby to his parents in Nepal and disappear…when officers showed up with the search warrant, the house was in disarray, bags were packed and passports were visible.

I believe it was muted bc he was giving them his phone number and the officer repeated it back.

And with the officer's radio beep just before it mutes, I believe he (officer we can't see) was likely giving the ID information over the radio to dispatch in order to run him (which also checks outstanding warrants, etc.)

The angle and the blur spot moving made it hard for me to read what the other officer and Naresh were saying.

The difference in the natural responses of the couple living in the basement vs. Naresh's overexplaining and stuff was wild!

Timeline article

SEP 24, 2024
Aug. 16: Magistrate approves police search warrant around 10:30 p.m. for Google records, including location data, search history and account information, from July 27 to August 1. The warrant points to a Virginia code which makes it “unlawful to commit Abduction and Kidnapping; Forced Labor; Punishment.”

“Mr. Bhatt, of his own admission, later verified that he was in the vicinity of what was later discovered to be Ms. Kafle’s last known cellular location,” the search warrant affidavit states, saying Naresh’s Google account has “location specific data pertinent to the discovery of Ms. Kafle’s whereabouts.”

Naresh Bhatt and his attorney were in the Prince William County courtroom with the only the judge on Tuesday during an ex parte hearing. After the hearing, his attorney Ben-Avraham declined to comment on what was discussed and who requested the closed-door hearing.

Prosecutors, the defense and Naresh Bhatt are expected in court Friday morning for arguments over the defense motion to quash the arrest warrant.

Last edited:
SEP 24, 2024
[...]

“On Tues – uh, Wednesday, she left and then she says she gonna go either New York or Texas. And then, like, she had the phone and she destroy that phone and then she left,” he said.

[...]

“Yeah, because you know, like, we are about to separate, and then the home inspector come here because I’m about to sell the home, and so, like, ‘See you when I see you. OK, I’m gonna go with my sisters,’” Naresh Bhatt said.

[...]

if you think he planned to raise the child in the U.S., what do you make of him in the process of packing and passports at the ready?

Ughhh. Reminds me of Patrick Frazee.
They look different, but mentally, they are doppelgangers. Patrick didn't come across as too smart, but he had enough insight to keep his mouth shut. And the worse it would be for him, the more obstinate he'd become. I see some similarity here, too. JMO. Part of the murders are probably provoked by family dynamics, another part, by sheer envy towards younger, smarter women who are tied up to them situationally, but internally, are fully independent from them.

if you think he planned to raise the child in the U.S., what do you make of him in the process of packing and passports at the ready?

I am pondering over the situation when Mamta was alive. Asking myself what his motives to kill her would be. I believe partially, it is "Patrick Frazee case", but partially, it is about money. If Naresh and Mamta were to divorce, here in the US the laws give both parents, essentially, comparable rights. Meaning, he has to pay child support, and he is greedy. Also, if Mamta contributed to his purchase of the house or Tesla, even if it wasn't on the deed, she could have claimed something.

Then I asked myself, could he have snatched the kid to Nepal when, say, Mamta was on call and left the kid there for his mom to raise? (The disappearance of Mamta's documents is very suspicious of this scenario). Countries really differ about the primary custody in divorce cases. So i googled and found out that in Nepal, ironically, the courts would favor Mamta's rights in this situation.

He had told her family (and police) that he was bringing the baby to them in Nepal and then he’d return to the US to search for Mamta. I think he informed police on the 15th of that plan because not long after, police were searching the house.

Maybe having a baby around didn’t fit his future plans, so he was going to drop the baby off with grandparents. Who knows.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back