VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This really chaps my hide. To serve in the military you need to be fluent in English. To serve as a police officer (or get into the academy in his case), you need to be fluent in English.

Now he needs a gaggle of interpreters.

During Friday’s hearing, Ben-Avraham requested supplementary Nepalese interpreters for Bhatt, indicating that guidelines mandate a single interpreter work no more than 30 consecutive minutes in a given hearing. A Sept. 20 bond hearing in the Bhatt case lasted approximately two and a half hours.

Ben-Avraham said for the upcoming trial Bhatt will need two or perhaps three interpreters. Irving said she would check with the Supreme Court of Virginia for interpreter availability.
I understand what you mean, and yes, it is ridiculous given that he comes from Nepal.
However, I don’t mind the state paying for the interpreters, because otherwise in his appeal he’ll say that he didn’t understand something, that the court used his poor command of English, or such nonsense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata
Back