VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Coupled with the purchase of the knives, I’ve got to believe he dragged her in there to dismember her.

I love the defense strategy here. Ignoring the blood that showed up under Blue Star, and pointing to only the visible blood droplets.

Judge wasn’t fooled…
Yep, 100%. The moment they said that there were drag marks into the bathroom, blood in the bath, and multiple knives unaccounted for, it was only going to go one way. He cut her up.

I just hope he threw her in the water rather than in random dumpsters across town. The water, she will probably surface. If she went in the garbage, they won't find her. She will have been in landfill for a month.

MOO

Coupled with the purchase of the knives, I’ve got to believe he dragged her in there to dismember her.

I love the defense strategy here. Ignoring the blood that showed up under Blue Star, and pointing to only the visible blood droplets.

Judge wasn’t fooled…
I hate his attorney already. This made me furious. :mad:

The public defender representing Naresh Bhatt argued that the amount of blood found in the home was misrepresented by the prosecutors telling the judge, "that's maybe a nosebleed judge."

Yep, 100%. The moment they said that there were drag marks into the bathroom, blood in the bath, and multiple knives unaccounted for, it was only going to go one way. He cut her up.

I just hope he threw her in the water rather than in random dumpsters across town. The water, she will probably surface. If she went in the garbage, they won't find her. She will have been in landfill for a month.

MOO
Yeah, I'm just really worried about the landfill possibility, and multiple dumpsters would make finding her next to impossible. Landfill searches are hard enough when you're looking for an intact body, and you know the specific dumpster it was put in. Hopefully he made another huge mistake, but it won't be necessary in terms of justice here. The evidence is overwhelming, and a no-body homicide isn't all that hard considering the physical evidence, and the rest of it.

Yeah, I'm just really worried about the landfill possibility, and multiple dumpsters would make finding her next to impossible. Landfill searches are hard enough when you're looking for an intact body, and you know the specific dumpster it was put in. Hopefully he made another huge mistake, but it won't be necessary in terms of justice here. The evidence is overwhelming, and a no-body homicide isn't all that hard considering the physical evidence, and the rest of it.
Yeah, it's not like there's ambiguity about whether she left of her own accord. People who do that don't leave most of their blood volume behind, let alone their infant child and all their worldly belongings.

MOO

AUG 26, 2024
Husband of missing Manassas Park mom Mamta Khafle Bhatt denied bond | DC NEWS NOW
  • One of the crime scene investigators said they had been doing this job since 2011 and had “never seen this much blood” at a scene.
  • Prosecutors said the “entire shower floor glowed” [using Bluestar] in the couple’s master bathroom.
  • Fibers on the bedroom carpet appeared manipulated like someone had scrubbed it clean.
  • Investigators found a nearly-empty bottle of carpet cleaner purchased by Naresh back on July 31 nearby.
  • When they pulled up the carpet, there was evidence that blood had seeped under it, as if someone had been dragged into the bathroom.
  • Tucked away in a closet, blinds were found that appeared to be missing from a bathroom window. The blinds had small splatters that tested positive for blood.
  • “That amount of blood indicates to law enforcement, injuries that are not survivable,” prosecutors said.
  • On Aug. 1, Mamta’s phone pinged in Loudoun County near a body of water while Naresh’s phone was turned off or on airplane mode for two hours.
  • The body of water was also near the cafe Naresh told police he had visited.
“Mamta was a victim of domestic abuse, it is in the record. We have been trying to respect her privacy, and all of us have seen and heard and gotten texts of things that we did not want to share to respect her privacy,” said Wirth. “We know that going forward, we aren’t afraid to speak up and call him what he is [Naresh Bhatt]. He is an abuser.”
- Mamta Kafle Bhatt’s former co-worker, Holly Wirth

On Naresh's FB there is a photo of him fishing with his realtor at the Great Falls. Naresh said he did not like to eat fish but was a fisherman. Great Falls are near the Potomac River and outside Loudoun County. The Potomac River is the border of Loudoun County, though.

If I were LE, I'd ask the people who fished with Naresh exactly where he did it. I have the feeling that he is the creature of a habit. Another option- he likes photos of himself sitting at the top of local mountains near the cleft. That would also be a convenient place, although body of water would be my first thought.

Prosecutors said Naresh made Google searches in April on his federal work laptop, including searching how long it takes to get married after your spouse dies.

I’ll never understand the thought process or actions by some.

And anyhow, in Naresh's case the answer would be obvious, "as soon as your mommy allows you to."

Has anyone seen the name of the cafe that Naresh visited...where Mamta's phone last pinged...which was also near a body of water? All I've seen reported is that it's in Loudon County. TIA MOO

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the name of the cafe that Naresh visited...where Mamta's phone last pinged...which was also near a body of water? All I've seen reported is that it's in Loudon County. TIA MOO
I don't know about being near a body of water but here's 10 Indian restaurants in Loudoun County...

On Aug. 1, her phone completely died and last pinged from a Loudoun County cell phone tower near a cafe Naresh told police he visited.

Months before his wife’s disappearance, a Manassas Park man with a government contracting job used his work computer to google “How long does it take to get married after spouse dies,” a prosecutor said in court

Ben-Avraham said Naresh Bhatt had no intention of running, even though he had recently sold his Tesla and spoken to two potential buyers of the home he shared with Mamta Bhatt and their 1-year-old daughter, who was placed in the care of county social services workers after his arrest. The sales were to provide money for his family, Ben-Avraham said.

“He only has U.S. citizenship,” the defense attorney said. “This is not something he’s going to be able to run from.”

Sami also provided additional details illuminating the allegedly troubled relationship between Mamta and Naresh Bhatt, a U.S. Army veteran. In February, police were called to the couple’s home for an allegation of disorderly conduct, Sami told the court. Officers spoke with Mamta Bhatt, who said her husband would not give her official documents and destroyed her phone.

Surprisingly, it is rather strict in Nepal and indeed you have to forfeit your Nepalese citizenship on obtaining the US one.

However, as everywhere, there are potential loopholes. The push to forfeit prior Nepalese citizenship is not from the US side. It comes from the Nepalese one. The question about another citizenship might arise, realistically, when you visit Nepalese embassy to extend/exchange your passport. If Naresh had a new Nepalese passport issued shortly before becoming a naturalized US citizen, he could have kept it. I checked, it is valid for 10 years.

And then comes the question of visas. But there are major travel hubs such as the Emirates or Turkey where holders of US passport can either can get a 90-days visa at the airport (Dubai) or need no visa at all (Turkey). In short, technically, he can leave the US on a US passport to go there, or anywhere else. Then he flies either home on Nepalese passport or, to another country close to Nepal where visa is not needed and just drive through the border. He can even fly in to Nepal on US passport and buy Nepalese visa at the airport, get into the country on US passport and use Nepalese one inside. In short, as long as he is not violating US laws, i think Nepalese ones can be bypassed

However, now in Nepal, in Mamta's state, at least, people are pretty angry with the situation, so I think that now he, indeed, should better stay in the US.

IMO, this is a patriarchal structure whereas the wife becomes a part of the husband's family, so it would fall on the mother-in-law to take on these responsibilities. The husband's family assumes the primary role in the couple's life. Additionally, it would fall on the MIL to properly care for and support the DIL during postpartum. This is part of their duty and expectation. Now, what happened here; I couldn't speak to why obviously the MIL and DIL didn't get along. Can someone please help me find an article somewhere that read that Naresh didn't approve of Mamta's Tiktoks? Maybe I'm dreaming but I thought I'd read it somewhere.
Didn't someone else here say that he had a wife picked for him in Nepal, and he married her instead?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back