VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have they checked the septic tank ? Sorry to type that. :(

I'm also interested if he had any help from friends or close family members.

Thanks for the links and updates, @MassGuy .

Hoping for a recovery and resolution soon for Mamta's loved ones.
One of the saddest parts of this is that her baby, Neema, will not have memories of her mama.
If she can go to Mamta's family, (fingers crossed) they can keep Mamta's memory alive for her !
Omo.
I just checked and it’s sewer, not septic. Hopefully she is still in or around that house, and they just missed her that first time.

It would be very easy for them to find where he sold the Tesla and check it for evidence. I have to believe they did that and that's why they are focusing on the home. If they knew he drove the body somewhere, they wouldn't be back there digging in the yard (in my opinion as a non-LE person).
Yeah, they should have a plethora of telematic data from that Tesla, and it appears they have struck out thus far. She may be closer to home than they originally thought.

^^rsbm

MFB was being tortured! More from the quoted link/ post:

Parents are suspicious of foul play

Mamata’s parents and other kin are suspicious of foul play in the mysterious disappearance as they smelt a rat in Mamata’s mother-in-law’s treatment of their daughter.

“We started hearing that Mamata's mother-in-law, who had gone to the US to care for her, was not treating her well, and was sceptical about Mamata’s indifference to their demand of Chhaupadi, the tradition of keeping a person in different shed during menstrual period,” Kamal said. “Whenever we asked Mamata how she was doing, she always said she was fine. She never told us about the pain she was going through, though we did hear bits and pieces from outside. We thought it was just minor quarrels that would be resolved.”
[..]

Mamata’s family claims that recently, her husband, Naresh, and his mother had not been treating her well. “During her menstruation, they did not treat her well under the guise of tradition,” said Mamata's aunt, Maiya Kafle.

Maiya complained that ironically the woman who had gone to take care of the puerpera tortured her.

“Her mother-in-law had gone to care for her, but instead, she made Mamata work on an empty stomach and did not provide proper food or care. This has only deepened our suspicions,” she said. “We believe that their relationship started to deteriorate after her mother-in-law went to the US. Even after that, there were issues, which we were suspicious of.”

Mamata Kafle case: Family prepares to travel to US to get updates

Imo.
This makes me 'side eye' his family, esp. Mamta's mother-in-law.
Wonder if LE have spoken to her re. her whereabouts at the time of Mamta's 'disappearance' ?
Follow every possibility, every clue.
Omo.

I'm wondering if part of the reason she left the previous times is because she didn't want to sleep in the dang garage.

Just wondering.

jmo
I can’t even imagine the rage, frustration, sadness, and anger that poor Mamta must have felt if she were made to sleep elsewhere in a garage and on the floor during her period. She might have even been kept away from her baby during those times and maybe made to sleep elsewhere right after being discharged from the hospital as she was most likely bleeding as well. I hope LE turns their sights on the mil and investigates if she was possibly involved in Mamta’s murder.

Imo Mamta returned to Bhatt against her better judgment in the interest of making her marriage work. She knew leaving him was the best solution and even confided in her mentor who tried to help her. Unfortunately, once she went back, Bhatt probably cranked up his control over her like stealing her green card and trying to limit her comings and goings outside of work etc
They probably got into a fight about her leaving him and wanting her stolen green card and other documents back as her appointment with naturalization dept was coming up and the monster flew into a rage and killed her. She was his meal ticket and made him look good to the outside world ( beautiful wife child nice house expensive car etc) she was leaving him for good. ( like in the Jennifer Doulos case).

We know this is just the tip of the iceberg about Bhatt’s work history, financial problems etc.

Have they checked the septic tank ? Sorry to type that. :(

I'm also interested if he had any help from friends or close family members.

Thanks for the links and updates, @MassGuy .

Hoping for a recovery and resolution soon for Mamta's loved ones.
One of the saddest parts of this is that her baby, Neema, will not have memories of her mama.
If she can go to Mamta's family, (fingers crossed) they can keep Mamta's memory alive for her !
Omo.
Nancy Grace interviewed one of his associates and that person said that some had felt regardless of their suspicions, there was a baby involved and she needed guarding. I’m paraphrasing btw but my takeaway was that they may have stayed close to Naresh Bhatt prior to arrest just to keep an eye on the baby.

The comment about his car smelling odd has stuck out to me. Assuming the car smell is related to this, I would think it’s because it was used as temporary storage or he used it to move the body. I hope the police are getting more puzzle pieces.
Interesting ! Do you know where I can read about the odd smell in the Tesla?

Imo.
This makes me 'side eye' his family, esp. Mamta's mother-in-law.
Wonder if LE have spoken to her re. her whereabouts at the time of Mamta's 'disappearance' ?
Follow every possibility, every clue.
Omo.
She lives in Nepal per the article, she was here on a short term visa after the baby was born.

I can’t even imagine the rage, frustration, sadness, and anger that poor Mamta must have felt if she were made to sleep elsewhere in a garage and on the floor during her period. She might have even been kept away from her baby during those times and maybe made to sleep elsewhere right after being discharged from the hospital as she was most likely bleeding as well. I hope LE turns their sights on the mil and investigates if she was possibly involved in Mamta’s murder.

Imo Mamta returned to Bhatt against her better judgment in the interest of making her marriage work. She knew leaving him was the best solution and even confided in her mentor who tried to help her. Unfortunately, once she went back, Bhatt probably cranked up his control over her like stealing her green card and trying to limit her comings and goings outside of work etc
They probably got into a fight about her leaving him and wanting her stolen green card and other documents back as her appointment with naturalization dept was coming up and the monster flew into a rage and killed her. She was his meal ticket and made him look good to the outside world ( beautiful wife child nice house expensive car etc) she was leaving him for good. ( like in the Jennifer Doulos case).

We know this is just the tip of the iceberg about Bhatt’s work history, financial problems etc.
Bbm.

Answered in the post below :
(It doesn't mean he didn't have help from someone. My .02 at this time is that he acted alone; but we'll see.)
Omo.

She lives in Nepal per the article, she was here on a short term visa after the baby was born.

I wonder how long these tenants have been there…

Agreed, was thinking the same .
This changes things a bit as they may have heard something on the day Mamta went missing/was murdered ?
They may have heard other interactions depending on how long they'd been renting.

I was somehow under the impression the house was owned by Mamta & her husband with Mamta most likely paying the mortgage -- so, was it her or husband or both who'd decided to rent the basement out ?
Omo.

A lot to unpack with these two tweets: a family was apparently living in the basement, and the last ping wasn’t near a body of water.

Wow, that is actually big news. An entire family living in the basement we didn't know about (not that we need to know about them specifically but that it changes what we know about the lives of the perp and victim).

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haji62
Back