VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As a South Asian descent person, I can’t remember the last time a mother randomly went missing and the family wasn’t involved in some way. These cases are just so repetitive.

She was a loving mother of a 9 month old baby girl, just recently earned her registered nurse license, had plans, etc. A woman like her isn’t going hitchhiking across the country or on some kind of trip without informing others.

And in this case right here, the answer is so obvious as to who did it. Now, the question is when the body/remains will be discovered. :(

As a South Asian descent person, I can’t remember the last time a mother randomly went missing and the family wasn’t involved in some way. These cases are just so repetitive.

She was a loving mother of a 9 month old baby girl, just recently earned her registered nurse license, had plans, etc. A woman like her isn’t going hitchhiking across the country or on some kind of trip without informing others.

And in this case right here, the answer is so obvious as to who did it. Now, the question is when the body/remains will be discovered. :(

IMO, LE knows what happened, and by who... but can they PROVE it.

Remember hubby used to be a local cop (nine months) so he knows the ropes....

<snipped & BBM>
Manassas Park Police Chief Mario Lugo did tell FOX 5 that his officers actually went to the home on Friday, Aug. 2 for a welfare check.

Now, a number of Kafle’s friends are questioning the timeline and how long it took for police to confirm she was missing.

"The timelines are not aligning," friend Nadia Navarro said.

[...]

"July 28 probably is the last time she tried to contact me," Navarro told FOX 5. "It was a missed call."

[...]

According to Manassas Park Police, Kafle was last seen at her home on Wednesday, July 31. Then, on Friday, August 2, one of her co-workers called police worried, asking for a welfare check.

When officers arrived at the house, they spoke with her husband, who didn’t say anything about her being missing. Police left and days later on Monday, August 5, her husband called police to report her missing.

Police pushed out the missing flyer on social media on Thursday, August 8.

When FOX 5 went to Kafle’s home on Monday, her husband said he’d called the police on Friday, Aug. 2 and they came to the house. But according to police, her employer at the hospital called in.

<snipped>
Manassas Park Police Captain Steve Loving told Newsweek that Bhatt's husband, friends, and co-workers have been cooperative with their investigation.

A UVA Health spokesperson told Newsweek, "Our sympathies go out to those who know Mamta Kafle Bhatt, and our thoughts remain with Mamta, her loved ones and her colleagues. UVA Health has been cooperating with the police investigation from the outset, and we continue to work closely with police investigators to aid them however possible in their search efforts."

Newsweek called Naresh Bhatt on Wednesday. He claimed to have difficulty hearing a Newsweek reporter as he was changing their child's diaper, who could be heard in the background. The call got disconnected and a call back went to voicemail.

Newsweek called Naresh Bhatt on Wednesday. He claimed to have difficulty hearing a Newsweek reporter as he was changing their child's diaper, who could be heard in the background. The call got disconnected and a call back went to voicemail.

The harried dad pretending he can't hear the person on the phone is like something out of a bad sitcom. It would be funny if a woman's life wasn't at stake.

According to this article:
Bhatt is a native of Nepal and has been living in the U.S. since 2021, per Inside Nova. All of her family, except her husband and child, live in Nepal.

According to a post on the Facebook page organizing to find her, Bhatt was reportedly attempting to separate from her husband and had joined a support group for single mothers.

"We are investigating all possible circumstances," Manassas Park police said on Tuesday, per Inside Nova.

<snipped & BBM>
Her husband, Naresh Bhatt, spoke to the crowd Wednesday. "Thank you for what you are doing coming here," he said. "I need your help in a positive way."

"Just help us in this tough time," he added.

[…]

Earlier Wednesday, about a dozen people searched through a park near Mamta's home where she used to walk her infant daughter.

[…]

During a gathering, some loved ones took to the podium to say Mamta has left home twice before earlier this year for a few days at a time.

But both times, she let her family know where she was.

Not this time though.

I gotta say though, this is the type of case that generally wouldn't get a great deal of media attention, as she has no family here to advocate for her. Her friends and the community have really picked up the slack, and it's become a much bigger story than it would probably otherwise be. It was her co workers that really got the ball moving with that welfare check.

And as we know, there's really nothing more important than getting the word out in cases like this.

Local news outlet WUSA9 interviewed Mamta’s husband — a lot more info in the article linked below

<snipped>
"It's like very tough," Naresh Bhatt, her husband, told WUSA9 in an interview Wednesday afternoon. WUSA9 asked him when he last saw or spoke to her. He said they ate dinner together on the night she was last seen.

"We ate on the evening of Wednesday. She was the one who cooked and do the kitchen stuff. We do not have any specific conversation. We do not have any argument or something like that," Naresh Bhatt.

[…]

"On the day she did not come back. Usually once she left, she came back. She did not come back and I just searched around. The next day, police came and police told me she was not at work and I was very serious because she's the one who would never leave her work," he said.

He told WUSA9 he started talking to the officers about how it is not the first time she has gone missing.

"I started talking to police and they say you've got to search around because it is not the first time, it happens before, maybe she's hanging with someone, a close friend or family. That's what I did, but I could not find her and then I say that to the police officer and he say I can file a complaint and I filed a complaint according to that," said Bhatt.

[…]

WUSA9 asked him what his message is to those who've expressed frustrations with the way he has handled her disappearance.
"I'm the one who is suffering. She is my baby's Mom. She is my wife. I'm the one suffering, so I don't what I'm supposed to say," said Naresh Bhatt. He told WUSA9 that he's very worried about where she is.

Local news outlet WUSA9 interviewed Mamta’s husband — a lot more info in the article linked below

<snipped>
"It's like very tough," Naresh Bhatt, her husband, told WUSA9 in an interview Wednesday afternoon. WUSA9 asked him when he last saw or spoke to her. He said they ate dinner together on the night she was last seen.

"We ate on the evening of Wednesday. She was the one who cooked and do the kitchen stuff. We do not have any specific conversation. We do not have any argument or something like that," Naresh Bhatt.

[…]

"On the day she did not come back. Usually once she left, she came back. She did not come back and I just searched around. The next day, police came and police told me she was not at work and I was very serious because she's the one who would never leave her work," he said.

He told WUSA9 he started talking to the officers about how it is not the first time she has gone missing.

"I started talking to police and they say you've got to search around because it is not the first time, it happens before, maybe she's hanging with someone, a close friend or family. That's what I did, but I could not find her and then I say that to the police officer and he say I can file a complaint and I filed a complaint according to that," said Bhatt.

[…]

WUSA9 asked him what his message is to those who've expressed frustrations with the way he has handled her disappearance.
"I'm the one who is suffering. She is my baby's Mom. She is my wife. I'm the one suffering, so I don't what I'm supposed to say," said Naresh Bhatt. He told WUSA9 that he's very worried about where she is.
Wild video of that press conference; the community isn't buying what he's selling. AT ALL.

Apparently he's also claiming that some clothing and her green card are missing. He's attributing the delay to her doing this before. Police obviously aren't buying any of this, calling her disappearance "involuntary."

AUG 14, 2024
A witness told WUSA9 they saw police outside Mamta Kafle Bhatt's home Wednesday as well, and saw three detectives go in. All police would say is that it is still a missing person's case, which they are classifying as "involuntary," meaning she didn't go missing on her own. They also would not comment on what the family home has to do with the investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back