VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Appears Mamta Kafle Bhatt built some solid friendships, and their increasing desperation to find their friend is palpable. I hope somebody is helping to care for the infant besides the father. I also don't think it likely she'd leave her child. I'm afraid for this victim, and sorry for all who were touched by her. JMO

Appears Mamta Kafle Bhatt built some solid friendships, and their increasing desperation to find their friend is palpable. I hope somebody is helping to care for the infant besides the father. I also don't think it likely she'd leave her child. I'm afraid for this victim, and sorry for all who were touched by her. JMO
Agree 100% I cannot believe that she would leave her child if she left voluntarily. I hope there are cameras or cell phone records or something that can provide some clues as to her location.

So she last spoke to a friend on July, 28. As that’s the last absolutely reliable contact, thats the earliest date she could have disappeared.

The husband’s last sighting means nothing.
Where were hubs and baby from July 28 to August 2? He must not have been working, someone had to take care of the child.
Were they traveling? Suitcase?
How far could they have gotten and come back?

I wonder if any of the houses in the neighborhood have doorbell cams that could be used to verify who left Mamta’s home and when they left. I know police said Mamta didn’t have access to a vehicle, so *if* she left the house voluntarily (extremely unlikely IMO) she likely would’ve done so on foot.

Does she have a cellphone? If so, where is it? Is it at home or is it also missing?

ETA: It was reported that Mamta had a naturalization interview with USCIS scheduled for August 5th, which she missed. Her husband likely is already a naturalized citizen (or in the process of becoming one) due to his military service, but once Mamta became a naturalized citizen, her status in the US would no longer be tied to a particular spousal, student, or work visa.

Last edited:
I wonder if any of the houses in the neighborhood have doorbell cams that could be used to verify who left Mamta’s home and when they left. I know police said Mamta didn’t have access to a vehicle, so *if* she left the house voluntarily (extremely unlikely IMO) she likely would’ve done so on foot.

Does she have a cellphone? If so, where is it? Is it at home or is it also missing?
If I'm looking at the right address, it's perfect for law enforcement. It's a cul-de-sac, which obviously means one way in and one way out. Nice neighborhood, and I think it's likely there are plenty of cameras.

But how long do most homeowners keep their video doorbell files?
LE likely pulled footage several days ago. It depends on your system and settings, but Ring can keep video for months. The cameras I have store video for two weeks, which is on the low end from what I can gather.

The missing person case has now been elevated to critical, according tothe Manassas Park Police Department.

After an investigation, police learned Mamta had a "significant lack of recent contact" with her friends, family, employer, and social media accounts.

Here's the timeline according to police:

• July 27: Mamta was last see at the UVA Health Prince William Medical Center.
  • July 28: Mamta spoke to a friend.
  • July 31: Naresh last saw Mamta.
  • August 2: Police responded to a welfare check at Mamta's residence and spoke to her husband, who did not want to report her as missing at that time.
  • August 5: Nareshofficially reported Mamta as missing to the police.
  • August 5-8: Detectives conducted an "extensive" investigation into the disappearance.

The missing person case has now been elevated to critical, according tothe Manassas Park Police Department.

After an investigation, police learned Mamta had a "significant lack of recent contact" with her friends, family, employer, and social media accounts.

Here's the timeline according to police:

• July 27: Mamta was last see at the UVA Health Prince William Medical Center.
  • July 28: Mamta spoke to a friend.
  • July 31: Naresh last saw Mamta.
  • August 2: Police responded to a welfare check at Mamta's residence and spoke to her husband, who did not want to report her as missing at that time.
  • August 5: Nareshofficially reported Mamta as missing to the police.
  • August 5-8: Detectives conducted an "extensive" investigation into the disappearance.
About time !!!!

Moo...the heats been turned up. Many, myself included have been on the phone to the AG, Governor and emailing representatives. It's terrible she is missing and the lack of urgency from local LE. Reminds me of Gabby Petito.

Manassas's within a rocks throw of Quantico (42 miles) best resources in the world. They need to find her.
Moo....

Just thinking really practically, if she did come to harm in the home, given they do not have a family car and they also have an 11 month old baby, it should be VERY obvious to anyone with a doorbell cam/cctv that something very unusual happened. MOO but someone would have needed to remove her on foot, and let’s just say that person was the only other adult there to care for their baby, the baby would have needed to be in tow. That’s an awful lot for one person to manage by themselves and (I would hope) would make that person stick out like a sore thumb because it was so suspicious. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back