VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Red bolding mine.
Wouldn't the last person to see Mamta (assuming it was her husband) know more about what she may have been wearing, than the police ?
Anyone else see her before she went missing outside of family ?

Hope she is found safely.
Omo.
I took that to mean that husband who allegedly last saw MKB could not/did not provide Police with a description of what she was last seen wearing. JMO

Nope. The last independent sighting was the 27th, at the hospital. The last time we know she was alive was the 28th, when she spoke to a friend.

Then the timeline jumps to the husband’s account of seeing her last, which was the 31st.
This reminds me of so many cases we have followed. Unfortunately I think this will have the same ending as most of them. I just hope they can recover her. This guy doesn't seem so smart. Jmoo

This reminds me of so many cases we have followed. Unfortunately I think this will have the same ending as most of them. I just hope they can recover her. This guy doesn't seem so smart. Jmoo
Yup. Troubled marriage. Husband the last one to see her. Police saying that they don’t believe she is voluntarily missing.

Normally we don’t get that last part, even when we know it’s the case.

I finally remembered the case this keeps reminding me of… Mahfuza Rahman. She, too, was last seen after leaving a nursing shift. Her husband told authorities she left to go back to Bangladesh… then he also left the country with their child during the investigation. She has yet to be found.

There's an extended interview with the husband here. In cases like this we generally find ourselves wishing later that reporters asked certain questions. She asks some really good ones here, and we get some clarity on some things:

He never contacted police when she left before.

When he was searching for his wife in those early days (before the report), he says that he was just driving around and looking outside the places where she typically went.

She was supposed to work the next morning, after their alleged dinner on the 31st.

It doesn't sound like they typically slept in the same bedroom, and he makes reference to one of them apparently sleeping on the floor when they did sleep in the same room. On the night in question, his last memory is allegedly of him hearing his wife in the kitchen after dinner (he and the baby had supposedly gone upstairs to bed).

The body language alone says it all.
Did he ever say say, I love my wife? Did I miss it?
Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back