VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Updated timeline:

- Tuesday, Feb. 6: Mamta posts in a closed FB group for single moms in the DMV area

- Friday, Feb. 16: Mamta again posts in the closed FB group

- February (unknown date): Mamta shows up at a friend's house with her baby, without money, a car, or a working phone. Mamta's friend buys her a used phone.

- Saturday, July 27: Mamta is last seen at work

- Sunday, July 28: Mamta spoke to a friend on the phone

- Tuesday, July 30: Mamta calls home to her family in Nepal

- Wednesday, July 31: Mamta does not call her mom in Nepal, something she did every morning and evening

- Thursday, Aug. 1: Mamta's co-workers call police after she failed to show up for work

- Friday, Aug. 2: Police show up at the Bhatt residence for a welfare check

- Sunday, Aug. 4: Mamta's brother calls his brother-in-law and pleads with him to report Mamta missing

- Monday, Aug. 5: Husband officially reports Mamta missing

Last edited:
Perhaps a ride share service as she did when she was staying with her friend?

Bhatt and her baby arrived at Neupane’s home in February without money, a car or a working phone, she said, so Neupane bought her a used phone and added her to her family’s phone plan to ensure she could coordinate ride-share trips to her shifts at the hospital.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/08/17/mamta-bhatt-missing-mother-manassas-park/
I feel so frustrated thinking of all that she had to deal with - new baby, new (and unhappy) marriage, new country, no car, no phone, paperwork bureaucracy for immigrants, ETC!

(Aside, it's a reminder to be kind to people. We don't know what others are dealing with in the background of their lives when we encounter them. When in doubt, show patience and kindness - the person you're annoyed with in passing might have battled just to get to work that day.)

jmo

AUG 17, 2024
Five days before a Virginia nurse’s husband formally reported her missing, signs of trouble mounted.

On July 31, she did not call her mother in Nepal, as she had faithfully done every morning and evening, to share the mundane — what she ate that day — and the significant — the milestones her infant daughter was hitting, her brother said in an interview.

[...]
  • After LE visited the home her brother pleaded with his brother-in-law on Aug. 4 to call authorities.
  • Bhatt and her baby arrived at Neupane’s home in February without money, a car or a working phone, so Neupane bought her a used phone and added her to her family’s phone plan.
  • Mamta briefly had her own apartment in Falls Church.
  • Also in February, posts from Mamta's FB account began appearing in a closed group for single mothers in the DMV area, asking for help.
  • In posts on Feb. 6 and 16, Bhatt seeks advice from the group on navigating a separation and retaining custody of her baby.
  • In follow-up comments, she posts about being new to the US, where to go for legal help and worried about money.
  • While Mamta's brother fights to obtain a visa to come search for his sister, he implores the community to continue searching.
Bbm.
:(
Mamta was pretty much on her own, trapped in a deteriorating situation.
I'm sorry for her family. This is just getting worse.
I hope her brother can obtain a visa asap.
Omo.

The body language alone says it all.
Did he ever say say, I love my wife? Did I miss it?
Moo

Never once! He did make sure to say he was the one suffering…
Do we know if the marriage was a love match, or was it an arranged marriage? It seems that arranged marriges are very common in Nepal, so if their marrage was arranged they may not have been "in love". It's very easy to believe that people from other parts of the world and from other cultures think and behave the same way as we in the Western cultural sphere do, and that being in love is the only reason why people marry.

Do we know if the marriage was a love match, or was it an arranged marriage? It seems that arranged marriges are very common in Nepal, so if their marrage was arranged they may not have been "in love". It's very easy to believe that people from other parts of the world and from other cultures think and behave the same way as we in the Western cultural sphere do, and that being in love is the only reason why people marry.
It was an arranged marriage that occurred in 2020. She moved to the US in 2021, but it looks like he’s been here quite a bit longer (according to his LinkedIn). The marriage was troubled according to friends, and there was talk of divorce.

It was an arranged marriage that occurred in 2020. She moved to the US in 2021, but it looks like he’s been here quite a bit longer (according to his LinkedIn). The marriage was troubled according to friends, and there was talk of divorce.
So there may not be any love between them, so possibly a reason for the husband to not say "I love my wife", as it would be a lie.

Bbm.
About the bolded ; maybe when she'd left for a while (?) before he didn't all the authorities because he was angry with Mamta, or he felt humiliated ?
Thinking out loud.

I don't have a good feeling about this.
Poor mama !
Her baby has to be missing her so much.
Omo.
I don’t think he contacted LE with respect to her earlier “missing” episodes because he knew where she was, ie, with a friend. I think he also was in contact with her to convince her to come home. MOO

When she left previously, did she take her daughter or did she leave her?

Is it confirmed that Matma was pregnant?

Did co-workers/friends ever notice evidence of physical abuse? Did she confide in someone?

I don’t think he contacted LE with respect to her earlier “missing” episodes because he knew where she was, ie, with a friend. I think he also was in contact with her to convince her to come home. MOO

When she left previously, did she take her daughter or did she leave her?

Is it confirmed that Matma was pregnant?

Did co-workers/friends ever notice evidence of physical abuse? Did she confide in someone?
The only one I know the answer to is that she did not take the baby with her when she left those previous times.

Her husband mentioned that in an interview.

The only one I know the answer to is that she did not take the baby with her when she left those previous times.

Her husband mentioned that in an interview.
So how bad is your life when you leave your 11 month old child in the care of a husband you are trying to get away from?

I’m thinking it was pretty bad.

MOO

Has it been confirmed that she has left on multiple occasions from someone other than the husband? I remember her good friend said she did once. IMO these other instances could be nothing more than crashing at a colleague’s place in between shifts considering she didn’t have a car.
Yes, see articles below.

Sarita Neupane, a co-worker and close friend of Kafle, told the crowd Kafle had left home in the past. She stayed with her earlier this year for a few days but at the time, family members knew where she was.

"After a couple of weeks after that, she left again. She went to Falls Church," she said. "She stayed for eight days. Her husband was able to follow her. He convinced her they were going to work it out. This was all of the conversation in February."

Bhatt and her baby arrived at Neupane’s home in February without money, a car or a working phone, she said, so Neupane bought her a used phone and added her to her family’s phone plan to ensure she could coordinate ride-share trips to her shifts at the hospital.

Neupane said that, at one point, Mamta Bhatt briefly had her own apartment in Falls Church. In an interview with WUSA9, Naresh Bhatt cited this as a reason he did not immediately report her missing, saying she had gone missing three times before.

Yes, see articles below.

Sarita Neupane, a co-worker and close friend of Kafle, told the crowd Kafle had left home in the past. She stayed with her earlier this year for a few days but at the time, family members knew where she was.

"After a couple of weeks after that, she left again. She went to Falls Church," she said. "She stayed for eight days. Her husband was able to follow her. He convinced her they were going to work it out. This was all of the conversation in February."

Neupane said that, at one point, Mamta Bhatt briefly had her own apartment in Falls Church. In an interview with WUSA9, Naresh Bhatt cited this as a reason he did not immediately report her missing, saying she had gone missing three times before.
So she definitely took the baby with her at least once when she left in the past, despite her husband's claims.

Did Mamta have a driver’s license and share the vehicle because she and her husband worked opposite days? As the ‘man’ of the house, my bet is he controlled the finances and he owned a cell phone.
I get the impression that he did control the finances, and the only reason she had a cell phone was because a friend helped her get one, which she used to order ride shares to work.

So it appears she did not drive.

So she definitely took the baby with her at least once when she left in the past, despite her husband's claims.
Ha! That's an amateur mistake on my part; using this guy as a source of anything.

And this lie makes sense, as he wants to sell this story that nothing was out of the ordinary, and it wasn't weird that she didn't take the baby if maybe she took off again.

Because that would be another red flag as to why he didn't report her missing until days later. If she took the baby when she left those previous times, then it's damning that she didn't this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back