VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Detailed timeline. I think this is the first time I've seen the date the Tesla was sold.

Naresh was very, very busy...two different Walmarts, packing up the house, selling the car, visiting a cafe in Loudon County. No wonder he didn't have time to join the search for Mamta. :mad:

AUG 24, 2024
Authorities said Bhatt sold his Tesla on August 19...
That article also says he never deployed. I think I had heard he’d gone to Afghanistan, so I guess that’s false. He also didn’t move rank much.

I get the impression police had been watching him for a while. Maybe it took selling the car for them to be able to get its records which lead to getting the home search warrant? Idk. It will be interesting if/when more details come out

AUG 23, 2024
  • Prince William County prosecutor Sarah Sami said investigators found blood spatter in the master bedroom and bathroom.
  • On July 30, the last day that family reported hearing from Mamta, Naresh Bhatt purchased knives.
  • At some point, he also went to a Loudoun County Walmart to buy Lysol and Febreze.
  • Naresh Bhatt’s only words to the court Friday were that he was “not very fluent” in English.
  • Sami pointed out “a number of inconsistent statements” Naresh Bhatt had made about the whereabouts of his wife.
  • Naresh Bhatt originally told LE that his wife was visiting friends “either in Texas or New York."
  • On Aug. 1, her co-workers contacted police after Mamta missed two shifts.
  • Naresh Bhatt was unemployed at the time of Mamta’s disappearance.
Just catching up here. This guy is claiming that he’s not very fluent in English? How was he in the US Army and hired as a police officer without being fluent. He’d have to be able to write reports as a PO. Sounds just a little too convenient. Is he hoping to use it to claim he didn’t understand the questioning by police and that’s why he gave conflicting statements?

I hope he leads LE to Mamta’s body but I have a feeling this is one stubborn SOB who won’t give up anything.

Just catching up here. This guy is claiming that he’s not very fluent in English? How was he in the US Army and hired as a police officer without being fluent. He’d have to be able to write reports as a PO. Sounds just a little too convenient. Is he hoping to use it to claim he didn’t understand the questioning by police and that’s why he gave conflicting statements?

I hope he leads LE to Mamta’s body but I have a feeling this is one stubborn SOB who won’t give up anything.
It is very, very common for people fluent in conversational English as a second language to have a translator in a court case. The concepts, rules, and terminology used in a court room are completely different to every day language. There's no mystery here, no ploy, it's just about him being able to understand what's happening and participate in his own defense.

MOO

It is very, very common for people fluent in conversational English as a second language to have a translator in a court case. The concepts, rules, and terminology used in a court room are completely different to every day language. There's no mystery here, no ploy, it's just about him being able to understand what's happening and participate in his own defense.

MOO
I’m not questioning the reason for the govt providing an interpreter. I’m just calling BS on his saying he’s “not very fluent in English.” That I believe is a ploy.

He only made it a few weeks in the police academy, he was not a police officer. His English must be pretty good to be in the Army, work in IT, apply to be LE, etc. I can see why he wants to make that claim but as you point out, it's not plausible. MOOO.

7PM 8/12:

Hubby doesn't want to discuss....
From the article: "After being at the Manassas Park Police Department for hours, we found Bhatt's husband, Naresh Bhatt. "I am suffering through a lot," Bhatt told WUSA9. Bhatt did not want to go into detail about the case but told WUSA9 that he was calling on the community to help him bring his wife home. "

Hubby didn't want to go into details with the media. Not quite the same as "doesn't want to discuss" with the police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801
Back