GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh my God, that is the sickest, most ignorant thing that I have read on this post. If he's guilty, the truth will come out and if he's not guilty, the truth will still come out. But by all means, whether he is guilty or not, that is no way of trying to defend a person. That is sheer ignorance in every respect of the word. I hope this Emily didn't know anything about this if he is found guilty. That would definately mess up her life too! But I remember that after RB's arrest, the PPD mentioned something about the possibility of others being involved? She may be the one that gave info regarding Robert being at Meghan's house that day. At one time they stay focused on any friends that may know anything. But again, we won't know anything until a trial comes up. Off the subject here for a minute: They arrested a man in Franklin, VA 2 years after the murder of 2 elderly sisters. They worked that case for a long time.

I heard about the arrest of the man that killed those two elderly women last night. I hope he is in fact the one that did it. I'm very impressed with their police dept. especially Mr. Vaughan. They're a small town but they got the job done. Two years, but they didn't give up.

As far as Emily and Robert, I think that a lot of the students in the Magnet program are close. Think about it. You're going to a public school and you play the violin. I think it's something to be proud of but when you're a sixteen year old boy I bet there is teasing. The Magnet/Bay Youth Orchestra also travel so that would be more reason for them to stick together and feel some camraderie.

Makes me wonder if the other's involved stems from the man with the mask statements that have been released ...and will this be his defense..

jeepgirlva, :seeya:

My first thought was that someone may have given him a ride either to or from Meghan's house. Of course, if they gave him a ride FROM Meghan's house then they had to know what happened.

At church today I spoke with a friend of my daughter's (she attends Churchland High) one of her teacher's (who is close with Robert) has been corresponding with him from jail (she reads the letters to the kids in class) He said that he went to see Meghan a mask man was in the house and cut his hand and killed Meghan told him not to tell anyone.... he was afraid ...So I think this is what his defense will be..she said that the teachers are ready to testify on his behalf he is very nice and would never kill anyone...they believe his story...

I think if I were a parent of one of those kids I would be upset if she were readling Robert's letters to the class. I'm sure there are some kids that are concerned for him but I just think it's inappropriate.

So all these teachers believe this hair brain story? So IF there were a masked man there that murdered Meghan and threatened him enough to scare him; he was still able to go on about his life, having fun, posting "jokes" about being arrested as a rapist, etc.

You know I really wish it wasn't this young man but I don't see how it can't be.

I think if I were a parent of one of those kids I would be upset if she were readling Robert's letters to the class. I'm sure there are some kids that are concerned for him but I just think it's inappropriate.

So all these teachers believe this hair brain story? So IF there were a masked man there that murdered Meghan and threatened him enough to scare him; he was still able to go on about his life, having fun, posting "jokes" about being arrested as a rapist, etc.

You know I really wish it wasn't this young man but I don't see how it can't be.

I phrased that wrong she did not say all the teachers but this one teacher is supporting Robert.

I phrased that wrong she did not say all the teachers but this one teacher is supporting Robert.

It's probably the same teacher that has been supporting him on the topix.com forums. I wonder if the administration at the school is aware that this teacher is reading these letters to the class?!:confused:

I know how I would react if it was one of my son's teachers! I think it is totally inappropriate to bring this into the classroom and I would be on the phone to the principle and the school board if it was happening in my son's school!

Wow! I thought I read something about a girl in Harrisburg on one of these sites. Now there's another person? If these people knew about this before the arrest, they'll probably be arrested too? As an accessory? I wonder just how many people are involved and have knowledge of this case?

My understanding is it is the same person. James Madison is in Harrisonburg. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know why I had Harrisburg, PA on my mind. I don't know where I got that from. Then it's Harrisburg, VA?

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_wavy_landowski_20081125

Seems Robert has been giving details to a friend that only the killer and the police know.

Very interesting but Robert is admitting he was at the scene so he would know details ....Emily had posted on topix she would be coming home on to be interviewed by the police also she posted her mother worked for the commonwealth att.office ...her mother also posted on topix...just wondering if anyone read it..

I didn't know that people in jail could use computers. That sure doesn't sound right to me. They can email anyone then? What if a rapist emails the person he raped or a killer emails the victim's family? What happened to the good old fashioned pencil and paper? They don't deserve to have the use of computers.

Looks like this young man is doing a good job of hanging himself. He may as well go into court and pled guilty and get it over with. His own words will find him guilty if this is true. I would just like to know why he did that to Megan.
Of course we will never know why. This kid has ruined the rest of his life. I wonder if that even crossed his mind before he committed this crime.

It's Harrisonburg (I think).

I still think there are things that Robert may be talking about that he wouldn't know even if it did happen like he said. His lawyer should tell him to shut up.

I wonder what exactly is in the letters the teacher has been reading to some in her class. Wonder if LE knows about that?

I didn't understand the ability to email either. I know in the article I linked it said something about the computers (is he in a juvenile facility?) were linked to the ones used by Chesapeake schools. Maybe I should go bad and read it this morning.

Edited to add:

"McDaniel wants to inspect the server and other equipment at Chesapeake Juvenile Services at 420 Albemarle Drive. Residents of the detention facility use an Internet-enabled computer lab maintained by Chesapeake Public Schools."

Very interesting but Robert is admitting he was at the scene so he would know details ....Emily had posted on topix she would be coming home on to be interviewed by the police also she posted her mother worked for the commonwealth att.office ...her mother also posted on topix...just wondering if anyone read it..

I keep forgetting about topix. I'll have to go read there. Thanks for reminding me.

:) BTW, have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Well, turns out my 11 year old knows Robert from a summer orchestra program she attended. I had no idea and it came up at practice the other night. Apparently he was helping out. Now she's all upset and confused, because (1) she liked Robert and (2) she also knew Meghan.

When you think about the fall-out from this type of situation, it's unbelievable how many people are affected in one way or another. I didn't even stop to think about the younger kids involved in the arts in this city...Robert was a role model for them and an example of how you can be a violinist and still be cool.

Well, turns out my 11 year old knows Robert from a summer orchestra program she attended. I had no idea and it came up at practice the other night. Apparently he was helping out. Now she's all upset and confused, because (1) she liked Robert and (2) she also knew Meghan.

When you think about the fall-out from this type of situation, it's unbelievable how many people are affected in one way or another. I didn't even stop to think about the younger kids involved in the arts in this city...Robert was a role model for them and an example of how you can be a violinist and still be cool.

Thats what makes this case so hard so many people do like Robert and say he could not have done it but yet he was there never told anyone showed no sign of remorse ....and like I have said before I saw a different side to Robert in some myspace comments he sent my daughter ...I wonder if Meghans parents knew Robert and what thier opinion was of him? I have also wondered why Meghan left churchland what happened to make her leave the magnet program at churchland..... it's an honor to be accepted into the magnet program and she loved dancing why leave?

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Thats what makes this case so hard so many people do like Robert and say he could not have done it but yet he was there never told anyone showed no sign of remorse ....and like I have said before I saw a different side to Robert in some myspace comments he sent my daughter ...I wonder if Meghans parents knew Robert and what thier opinion was of him? I have also wondered why Meghan left churchland what happened to make her leave the magnet program at churchland..... it's an honor to be accepted into the magnet program and she loved dancing why leave?

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Sometimes the Magnet program doesn't work out for everyone....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back