GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ok, so they leaked a little bit of info. Hooray! If I recall correctly, when this Lt Hicke guy first surfaced in relation to the case, a news shot showed his street and a lady saying, "that's my babysitters house." ??? Did anyone else catch that? Child *advertiser censored*? Indecent liberties? Wouldn't this person be some kind of sex offender in the state? Or did I miss something? This case sounds too big to be just Lt Hicke alone, and it might even involve youth they cannot mention (Just brainstorming, waiting for an answer too). Someone mentioned the family moved the other day? Maybe that's what they were waiting for to release more info(witness protection)? Just brainstorming.

I believe the forensics have been back for a while...but PPD seem to have kept mum on that and the results.

However, I am encouraged by the bit of news that was released. You have to have justification for getting a warrant for people's bank records, right? A judge isn't going to let LE go into people's personal information for no good reason. That tells me Hicke is NOT off the hook at all.

And, for the record, she was indeed a nice little kid...unlike many 16 year olds today, she wasn't "fast" or mouthy or disrespectful. She was giggly, always smiling, and just a little bit shy. She didn't do the "emo" thing, or the "goth" thing, or the "hip hop" thing, or any of the other personas that high school kids seem to like to do these days. When I saw her described as an "girl next door" and an "all American kid", I thought those were apt descriptions. I liked her a lot.

I believe the forensics have been back for a while...but PPD seem to have kept mum on that and the results.

However, I am encouraged by the bit of news that was released. You have to have justification for getting a warrant for people's bank records, right? A judge isn't going to let LE go into people's personal information for no good reason. That tells me Hicke is NOT off the hook at all.

And, for the record, she was indeed a nice little kid...unlike many 16 year olds today, she wasn't "fast" or mouthy or disrespectful. She was giggly, always smiling, and just a little bit shy. She didn't do the "emo" thing, or the "goth" thing, or the "hip hop" thing, or any of the other personas that high school kids seem to like to do these days. When I saw her described as an "girl next door" and an "all American kid", I thought those were apt descriptions. I liked her a lot.

Anyone have a link re the news info, please.

once again i click on this topic with a hopeful heart to read there has been an arrest...... maybe soon.

I didn't get to see our mutual friends over the week because one of my kids was sick so I had to skip out on dinner.

Anyway, this is purely rumor and I hate to even post it, but with what the media is providing, it might not be that far off (in my head anyway). Some rumors going around are that Lt. Hicke's wife had something to do with the murder of Meghan. That someone could have been hired to do it. It's suggested that his wife has known all along that her husband is a child predator, and since a previous case involving Meghan was going to get him thrown out of the military (and losing everything), plus being in jail for a very very long time, she took action and paid someone to do this.

It is also rumored that whoever did kill her, really didn't go into the house with that intent. Based on the actual cause of death and evidence in the home, it seems more like the person who did this was actually trying to "scare" Meghan rather than kill her. The killing seemed to be secondary (again, this is based on the evidence in the home and the manner in which she was killed). But until there is a break in the case and someone is actually named as a suspect, I can't say that these rumors are accurate.

Maybe they are looking for a lump sum payment. Maybe they are looking for payments to kiddie-*advertiser censored* sites. Who knows. But if the warrant specifically says that it is for evidence in murder, how can Lt. Hicke still not be considered a suspect? This doesn't make sense to me.

That's interesting. The rumor of how she was killed would make you believe that it was someone in a rage, not someone that went there to scare her. Of course, they are just that, rumors.

Sorry the link didn't work for you.....but, if you go to www.pilotonline.com and click News, Local News, and choose "Portsmouth" from the city dropdown. You'll find the article if you go back a few days.

That's interesting. The rumor of how she was killed would make you believe that it was someone in a rage, not someone that went there to scare her. Of course, they are just that, rumors.

I agree from what I've heard when visiting my MIL I was thinking rage and that the person knew her. Why else would they have so much rage?

It's happening even here. Meghan's murder is being forgotten and slowly drifting away to the far memories of everyones mind. It is a sad reflection of the local medias acceptance of the brutal killing of a young innocent girl. If this had happened anywhere else, the media, the public and LE would be up in arms. In this area, LE is more concerned about the public finding out that they are incapable of solving crimes and the local media is too busy trying to make a political stand to control the outcome of elections. Where else would you see such limited reports of the broad daylight murder of a young girl and the broad daylight killing of a Navy officer in front of his family while walking on a public street. This reflects so bad on our area, our media and mostly our LE.

It's happening even here. Meghan's murder is being forgotten and slowly drifting away to the far memories of everyones mind. It is a sad reflection of the local medias acceptance of the brutal killing of a young innocent girl. If this had happened anywhere else, the media, the public and LE would be up in arms. In this area, LE is more concerned about the public finding out that they are incapable of solving crimes and the local media is too busy trying to make a political stand to control the outcome of elections. Where else would you see such limited reports of the broad daylight murder of a young girl and the broad daylight killing of a Navy officer in front of his family while walking on a public street. This reflects so bad on our area, our media and mostly our LE.

I agree bigmike and its a travesty!! I hope some of your local politicians and MILITARY officials get their act together!!!!

Big Mike- if this is true, I sincerely hope one of the locals will at a minimum, pen an editorial or open letter to one of your newspapers or News outlets. I may be niave, but the fact that Meghan's family has never made a statement as to the status of this investigation, I remain confident this is a highly active investigation across multiple jurisdictions and containing multiple acts of criminal activity. If that is not the case, and it was my child, you would see my face and hear my voice on any news outlet that would have me, and when that stopped working, I'd be on the sidewalk of the entry to LE, entry to NCIS representing my child.

It's been over three months! No mention of suspects, no warning to public of vicious killer running loose, no big request from LE for information, no outcry from the public and worst of all, NO MEDIA follow-up! Anyone even thinking about moving to Portsmouth should be made aware of Meghans case and other murders and unsolved crimes by the great P-town PD. They have a reputation to uphold and seems they are very good at doing that. I feel badly for Meghan and her family and friends.:mad:

They featured a murdered mom from NC this morning...there was nothing more significant about this victim than Meghan? Anyone game to contact them? I had heard that step-dad was supposed to be doing an interview with local TV media some time in the near future. He's transferring to Florida (I think it's Florida) this year....and Meghan's mom and brother have already left the area.

elsie-eye: Yes, you are right. Mom and son have already moved to Mississippi, the step-dad is moving there soon.

I hadn't heard that he is doing an interview though.

No new news to report on the investigation, although it is very much still active (according to the family).

No charges were brought against Lt. Hicke, so I don't see how any charges were dropped.

The VA Pilot has an article about how Lt Coxes ex-wife is trying to push for help in solving his broad daylight killing in front of his daughter and girlfriend on a public road. It seems the LE of this area is not capable of solving any murder. If you recall, Lt Cox was killed close to the same time Meghan was murdered. I can't understand how the local media in this area could just kick these two major stories to the curb. I don't understand how the public in this area could accept the murder of these two under the circumstances they were committed and not be in constant fear of who will be next. There is either one or two ruthless killers on the streets of this area, who will be next? WHERE IS THE OUTCRY!!!! Have we actually come to accept the killings of innocent people as though it's just a non-event? I'm bothered by this acceptance and the lack of an outcry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back