GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's see if we can get an e-mail campaign going to get some attention to push LE into actually doing something. The e-mail address for Gretta Van Susteren is Ontherecord@foxnews.com <Ontherecord@foxnews.com Maybe if enough people e-mail her, she'll take on Meghans story and the murder of Lt Cox. It's time for something to be done.

Bigmike, I saw the woman on the news talking about Lt. Cox. My impression was that maybe the police haven't kept her and her family as up on things as maybe Meghan's have been.

If the family believes the investigation is going well, that might be why you don't see them on tv. I don't know. I know it's been too long not to have at least something that they could release to the public. It's almost as if they want everyone to forget about it.

I'll try to email Greta sometime this weekend. Is anyone else going to do the same? It won't make much of an impact if I'm the only one.

I will email her this weekend also. I saw step-dad the other day. He looks so sad.

As a step-dad myself, I cannot imagine the pain he must feel. I don't know what I would do if someone were to harm one of my kids (step-kids). I really feel for him and the rest of Meghans family. Their pain will likely never leave them, but at least it could be eased somewhat if the animal that would kill such a lovely soul were brought to justice.

Edited down for space. There is either one or two ruthless killers on the streets of this area, who will be next? WHERE IS THE OUTCRY!!!! Have we actually come to accept the killings of innocent people as though it's just a non-event? I'm bothered by this acceptance and the lack of an outcry.

Mike, I agree with you!! I have been saying this all along. Even IF the NCIS/LE think that it is not random, and that she was targeted, aren't the local people of Portsmouth still scared/outraged that there is a killer on the loose? I would be locking my doors and windows (already do) and writing my local LE, senators, assemblymen, and demanding answers. There are two MAJOR homicides comitted practically within days of each other, and IMO, that is too much major crime to happen and not be solved/information released on.

I thought that posession of child *advertiser censored* is illegal in all states. Didn't they find some pics on pervo's computer? Why isn't he arrested for that? I would think its against military code also. Why isn't he court-martialled? :waitasec:

The public deserves answers (and so do us WS'ers that care about solving Meghan's death). :other_beatingA_Dead

Here is an awesome media list that you can copy/paste into your browser and get the word out to multiple media outlets- I havent used it in 6 months, some some may be old, but lets hope it works- Im going to write a letter on Meghan's behalf and ask them to cover her story- :star1:

Please WS'ers- This WILL WORK!!!! It has worked in a few cases to get some attention and if we bug them enough, someone is bound to pick up her story- How could you not?

netaudr@abc.com ; nightline@abcnews.com ; 2020@abc.com ; evening@cbsnews.com ; earlyshow@cbs.com ; 60II@cbsnews.com ; 48hours@cbsnews.com ; ftn@cbsnews.com ; comments@foxnews.com ; Special@foxnews.com ; Foxreport@foxnews.com ; Oreilly@foxnews.com ; Hannity@foxnews.com ; Colmes@foxnews.com ; Ontherecord@foxnews.com ; nightly@nbc.com ; today@nbc.com ; dateline@nbc.com ; hardball@msnbc.com ; msnbcreports@msnbc.com ; newshour@pbs.org ; ombudsman@npr.org ; atc@npr.org ; morning@npr.org ; totn@npr.org ; rush@eibnet.com ; phil.boyce@abc.com ; letters@latimes.com ; readers.rep@latimes.com ; letters@nytimes.com ; nytnews@nytimes.com ; editor@usatoday.com ; wsj.ltrs@wsj.com ; wsjcontact@dowjones.com ; letters@washpost.com ; ombudsman@washpost.com ; letters@newsweek.com ; letters@time.com ; letters@usnews.com ; info@ap.org ; tips@upi.com

If anyone has any additons, please let me know, and I can make a master list of them all, or you can copy/past/ammend it to mine. If anyone needs any help on what to write or say in your email or letter, I will be glad to help. I have partcipated on a few of these email campaigns, and it really will work if we get together and get the word out! :rings:

ETA- Christine2448 has a great media contact list and I have PM'ed her for a copy to add/amend to the current one-Thanks Chris!

Chicogirl, I would love some help. Granted we don't have to all send the same email (I think it would be more effective if we didn't) it would be nice to know maybe some key words that would make the person interested.

Should we also supply a link?

Chicogirl, I would love some help. Granted we don't have to all send the same email (I think it would be more effective if we didn't) it would be nice to know maybe some key words that would make the person interested.

Should we also supply a link?

I would be glad to help Lizzy :blowkiss:

When I write these letters, I usually start at the beginning of the thread (usually has the most factual info as the thread usually turns to discussion after the second page or so- I do have to admit, I did SO much research on this particular case in the beginning, it is STILL fresh in mind, and that bothers me!)

The other night when I wrote one for Meghan, I wrote a brief synopsis of what happened on what date, what transpired, and that there has been no break in the case. I also touched on the fact that this case has not received the national media attention that it (Meghan) deserves, and asked if they could please do a story on Meghan's case. I was at work, and can't access my email from home, or I would fwd you that ltr. Also, once you get a good letter together, its good to email it out 1-2 x a week, to all the sources I listed above. Believe me, who ever is in charge of reading/sorthing thru these emails, deletes LOTS of them, and they pick/choose, and the more they see, the more it will get their attention.

Lizzy, or anyone else, if that didn't help, or if you just aren't good at writing these type of letters and would like me to write a general one that can be used, you can PM me , and I can help you that way. I do agree with you Lizzy on the point that we don't write the same 'form' letter- It will get tossed aside, and not given any credibility- It may take a few weeks, but if we keep at it, hopefully someone will pick up on it-

I did NOT add the info about Lt Cox, as I am not up on all of the facts of his case. I did not want that to take away from the impact of Meghan's murder, but maybe we should include the two together? What do any of you think about putting both murders in the same emails? The only problem I see with that, is that they may think we have something against NCIS/the base there, and not interested in finding Meghan's killer.

Hope this helps.

I have sent out a few emails in the past couple of days. I mentioned Lt Coxes murder on them also. Hopefully it was the right thing to do. If the murders of a little innocent girl and an officer in the US Navy doesn't get and keep the local media's attention, I don't know what would. After three months, it's time for them to start reporting on these killings and start pushing LE for some answers. If LE doesn't have answers and suspects then it's time for them to start requesting the publics help everyday until these cases are solved.

I emailed Greta S. and Nancy Grace a concise synopsis of the case and provided them with links to her myspace page and some of the stories that were in the Virginian Pilot. I figured fairly short and punchy would stand more chance of capturing their interest and get them to look into it.

However, like a dummy, I forgot that my web mail program doesn't save sent mail by default, so unless they email me back, I don't have a copy of what I sent.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll get some action....:woohoo:

Nothing here. It's ashame that whoever did this is still walking the street and most likely will never get charged. I see Meghans case getting closer and closer to the "cold case file" as each day goes by and NO media reports and NO plea from the LE asking for help. No doubt in my mind at this point that LE has never had a clue and are too busy at the donut shop to ask for help.

I havent either, and usually don't for at least two months of emailing- The more they see her name run across their emails, it will grab their attention, amd make them want to read whats going on.

Please dont stop writing- It takes a while- I wish there were more people than the 5 or so of us that are sending these out.

ANYONE who would like to see justice for Meghan, PLEASE write a letter and send it to the media outlets above- It can only help, right?? :)

Hey gang..... I'm with you.

This is the 1st case I followed on WS & I have been encouraging then nagging, antagonizing & ridiculing LE & media all along.

We're missing a couple of the people that we started out with...Gayle and Blink come to mind. I know Blink has been busy on other threads so maybe I can send her msg. and ask her. She seems to know a lot of the other websluethers so maybe she could pass it along.

I apologize. I haven't sent my email. Too many things going on at home. Son was in a car accident, sister moved far, far, away and dealing with a very depressed mom. Anyway, I promise to send it out later today and I'll keep sending one until one of us gets a response.

We're missing a couple of the people that we started out with...Gayle and Blink come to mind. I know Blink has been busy on other threads so maybe I can send her msg. and ask her. She seems to know a lot of the other websluethers so maybe she could pass it along.

I apologize. I haven't sent my email. Too many things going on at home. Son was in a car accident, sister moved far, far, away and dealing with a very depressed mom. Anyway, I promise to send it out later today and I'll keep sending one until one of us gets a response.

Thanks Lizzy and I know you have a lot on your plate right now- Even if you can get out a paragraph or two and keep her name intheir face, WE WILL SEE RESULTS!!! Justice for Meghan :Justice:

LB - I'm here, I've just been in "lurker mode." I think it is a great idea and I an in the process of writing my letter too. I will send it numerous times with the hopes that they will get "familiar" or tired of seeing Meghan's name in the subject line and hopefully will feel compelled to follow up!?!?

I believe there is strength in numbers, but I also believe that even 1 person can make a difference. If only a handful of us are writing these letters, as long as we continue, I believe we can reach somebody who will make a difference.

I agree though, that I would maybe reference LT. Cox's murder in Meghan's letter, I would not necessarily incorporate the two. Again, I personally feel that it would take away from Meghan's murder....not that Lt. Cox's murder is 2nd to Meghan's. If anything, we can help Lt. Cox's family we could write a separate letter for his broad daylight murder.

(sorry for any typos, I'm actually at work and should be working, but just wanted to let everyone know I have not abandon the hope that Meghan's killer will be brought to justice.)

LB and gang- I am here to the extent I can be. Summer has me home with kids and all that goes with that. I have limited time on here and I was asked to asisst on 2 other cases. One I did, the other I am still working on as she is still missing and I will always prioritize my efforts on a mp case, it is how I got to WS.
I have not changed my opinion on Meghan's case from my previous threads whatsoever. I believe there are 2 related NCIS issues connected peripherally to Meghan's case as I posted early on, and I truly believe there is a much larger investigation underway as a result of her murder.

I have 3 issues of concern about her case:
1) Why isnt the press hounding LE and NCIS for info and updates? Why isnt anyone attempting to connect these dots?
2) Why isnt the family screaming from the rooftops about Meghan's unsolved homicide? I do not mention that as a judgement issue, I mention that as it relates to the fact that it supports my theory that either they are comfortable with LE and NCIS handling so far, or they they themselves are scared of the "reach" of the perp or perps, which would also make me think supports above.
3) My early research in this case (and I am intentionally being vague as it may not be relative to Meghan's muder and therefore inappropriate on my part to post) there are some irregularities in the records of some involved in this case I was unable to nail down that did not make sense to me.

That being said, I apologize for not having more time to dedicate here, however if there is a particular request, question or other, I am ok if you need to PM me.. Let me know what you need and of course I will try to help. I know we are all really frustrated there has not been an arrest, I'm here, I support you all and justice for Meghan.

I'm still around too, but not posting anything because I don't know anything new.

I myself am hesitant to alert the media, but I fully support you all in doing so. The family has been very hush-hush about the case, so I don't know what is going on first hand. That in itself leads me to believe that something must be going on. However, being that they are very private and have not spoken directly with the media since Meghan's murder, it may not be in their nature to go that route anyway if the case were stalled or getting cold.

What to do, what to do?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back