Found Deceased VA - Molly Meghan Miller, 31, Charlottesville, 29 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I take kratom in capsule form. I take alot and I've taken it for years. I have taken too much before and it is a horrible, shooting blood pressure, pinging in your head, difficulty focusing....i have no doubt that FOR ME, if i took more at that point, I would die. But we are talking A LOT of k. I don't think this could be done accidentally. For example, if she put too much into her tea, either she would have been afraid and dumped it straight away or taken a few sips to see how she felt. IMO, K would be a super painful and uncomfortable death...better to go get a prescription for a narcotic and go to sleep. Also my opinion, an experienced and aware user would be too cautious to OD. I think that most people who take kratom probably do some research online...how else would they know to take it?
Does any of this make sense? I guess all I'm trying to say is that in my opinion, her death was not due to kratom. Of course, I don't know her so anything is possible

The problem with herbs - that would include kratom - is that there's zero way for the doctor to know what you are getting. Prescription, even non-prescription, meds are controlled and interactions are known and documented. A doctor would be very wary of prescribing something which (according to the FDA) has been known to be laced with opiods, or could be more or less potent because it hasn't been standardized.

Yikes! I've read a lot about kratom because of this case, and I know it hits the brain's opioid receptors. But I had not heard it sometimes came LACED with opioids! That is very dangerous and makes overdose on kratom a danger of using this herb. From what I understand, this was not an overdose of kratom, but a matter of suicidal ideation possibly resulting from kratom. And yes, you're right: With herbs, manufacturers have no requirement of standardizing doses or ingredients.

I take kratom in capsule form. I take alot and I've taken it for years. I have taken too much before and it is a horrible, shooting blood pressure, pinging in your head, difficulty focusing....i have no doubt that FOR ME, if i took more at that point, I would die. But we are talking A LOT of k. I don't think this could be done accidentally. For example, if she put too much into her tea, either she would have been afraid and dumped it straight away or taken a few sips to see how she felt. IMO, K would be a super painful and uncomfortable death...better to go get a prescription for a narcotic and go to sleep. Also my opinion, an experienced and aware user would be too cautious to OD. I think that most people who take kratom probably do some research online...how else would they know to take it?
Does any of this make sense? I guess all I'm trying to say is that in my opinion, her death was not due to kratom. Of course, I don't know her so anything is possible

I agree. From her mother's public statement quoted in the news, I gather they think the kratom caused suicidal ideation (from a bad batch or from using too much). And she then killed herself some other way.

Toxicology report won't be back for weeks. Mother said she requested that they test for kratom. For now it seems like they think either too much kratom or a bad batch caused suicidal ideation, which she then acted on in some other fatal way that they have not revealed.

Someone asked about medical marijuana: It is not legal in Virginia unfortunately.

Kratom withdrawals are very similar to pain med withdrawals in that you get violently ill, depressed, will do anything to feel better. When I tried (and failed ) to stop taking k, I did entertain suicidal thoughts. However, I take kratom on a daily basis and am aware I'm addicted, so completely different than taking it only when needed for pain (which is how it started). Since Molly just got hers, that wouldn't be an issue so I'm just sharing my experience.
Also, in my experience, kratom makes you feel BETTER hence how I've gotten to the point of taking too much (if 4 makes me feel good, I bet 8 makes me feel great kinda thing). I've never personally felt depressed or suicidal while taking it but that's just me.
I have never heard of kratom being laced with opiates. The plant is said to have very similar effects as opioid, maybe that's what was meant? Of course not being FDA controlled, anything could be in there but I find it highly unlikely. It's not like buying a plain pill bottle full of capsules or powder or what have you. Most of the companies are pretty well known...the different strains and manufacturers are widely discussed over the internet. Imo, most kratom users find a manufacturer they like for whatever reason and stick with it. I don't see them jeopardizing their business and possibly the whole schedule of kratom by throwing something bad in there.
Idk I really can't explain it right, sorry. Just my own rambling thoughts. It will be interesting to me when we hopefully hear toxicology.

[h=1]Effects of Kratom[/h][FONT=&quot]Kratom is a relatively new drug to the US and Europe. It has been used for many years in Southeast Asia as an anti-diarrheal medicine, a painkiller and a recreational drug. Kratom is the popular name for a tree and the drug comes from its leaves.[/FONT]

http://www.narconon.org/drug-abuse/kratom-effects.html

As someone who suffers from chronic pain I think about suicide more than anyone who knows me would imagine. It takes such a toll on you emotionally and physically to never have a moment of relief. Some days I feel like I am going crazy from the pain and I feel hopeless about the future if every single day is going to be so miserable. I understand completely how Molly could have spontaneously decided to take her life with or without the influence of Kratom. She may have been in so much pain that day and just couldn't keep going anymore. I have never heard of this drug and am actually going to research it now to see if it is something I might try. RIP Molly and I hope you are in peace now.

I have a friend who swears kratom saved her from opioid addiction. Honestly, it just seemed to make her addicted to kratom instead, which seemed the lesser of two evils, but I guess I need to read this whole thread now.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...ially-declared-an-opioid-by-the-fda/23357762/

More at link..

"On Tuesday, FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb released a statement officially calling the drug an opioid because of its links to 44 deaths and its molecular structure.
Still, there is limited available research on kratom, and the FDA's research is largely based on case reports that involved multiple drugs, not just kratom"

When I first saw this thread bumped up, i thought it was going to have a link saying foul play was involved and there would be an investigation. Gave my heart a jump!

When I first saw this thread bumped up, i thought it was going to have a link saying foul play was involved and there would be an investigation. Gave my heart a jump!

Yes me too. I personality still think there's more to it (but maybe not).

Yes me too. I personality still think there's more to it (but maybe not).

I can't get past her dog not whining or crying for her. Dogs smell our scents when we are home or outside in the yard, at the very least.

26047364_1764649673841203_7634733734678628558_n.jpg

Roanoke family of woman found dead in Charlottesville release statement

I would like to know if anyone has thought anymore on this suicide? What was weird was how her mom made a statement about how she felt bad for the fiance and the house they were living in needed serious repair and pipes needed unthawing. It seems to me if I was her mom, I'd say heck with this stupid house that helped cause my daughter to die- I'd want nothing more to do with it, and furthermore, why would the fiance even want to stay there anymore. The time to help would have been when the daughter was alive- not after. But, I guess the mom could just be processing the grief of a daughter so distraught be her life that she killed herself by o'ding? Why go out in bitter cold, and it was very very cold there that time last year, with no coat on and buy stuff? What happened to the stuff she bought? Why didn't the fiance not note when she came home if she went out in death defying weather- death defying bc he said she had no coat on. Just have questions- it is so sad.

I would like to know if anyone has thought anymore on this suicide? What was weird was how her mom made a statement about how she felt bad for the fiance and the house they were living in needed serious repair and pipes needed unthawing. It seems to me if I was her mom, I'd say heck with this stupid house that helped cause my daughter to die- I'd want nothing more to do with it, and furthermore, why would the fiance even want to stay there anymore. The time to help would have been when the daughter was alive- not after. But, I guess the mom could just be processing the grief of a daughter so distraught be her life that she killed herself by o'ding? Why go out in bitter cold, and it was very very cold there that time last year, with no coat on and buy stuff? What happened to the stuff she bought? Why didn't the fiance not note when she came home if she went out in death defying weather- death defying bc he said she had no coat on. Just have questions- it is so sad.
I think about this one often and check for news about once a month. There's never any. I have also checked out her mom's fb page several times since (hoping for the update she promised months ago). Never anything about that but her mom still posts just about daily to honor Molly. Breaks my heart. Honestly no offense meant...but her mom seems like someone who might not want to investigate further to get to the truth (if that makes sense) unless it was blatantly obvious as to not hurt others perhaps.

While in the minority...I have always felt there was more to this case. If anyone ever finds a link to the autopsy (even if it costs $) please let me know and I'll order it and post it here.

seems questions about what really happened are STILL being asked...
<modsnipped link not from MSM>

Last edited by a moderator:
I just listened to this and am more confused than ever. So did Molly (who I originally thought died of an accidental overdose of Chrodum (sp)) actually hang herself with a belt in her bedroom closet?! And that there was a only a minimum trace of Chrodum in her system?!

If so, the manner of her death, suicide by hanging seems rather straight forward. Why was it released that she died of an overdose?

Nowhere did I hear they thought it was murder. If anyone heard this differently, please enlighten me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepingpillsstore
Back