Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JDwife, Good point and it's NO big deal for someone to CUT some barb wire fence...it would take about 1 minute.

It's done all the time on my fathers farm, by hunters, hikers and 4-wheeler riders.

No, it isn't such a big deal to cut the barbed wire, BUT, Mr. Bass, the property owner was out checking fences, etc, and we have heard nothing about fences being cut - if they WERE barbed wire and not wooden. An ATV is very possible. Not only did we use tractors on the farm road, but ATVs also.

Shutterfly, thank you so much for your work! I wonder, why didn't the perp put her in the wooded area that was so close instead of an open field that would surely be cut sometime or another?

I just wanted to add, that some girls that age really think they're invisible, that nothing will happen to them. I was one of those girls. When I was 18 I met a guy in a chatroom who was offering up an extra backstage pass to a concert event 6 hours away. He lived about an hour and a half from me and offered to come pick me up and take me 6 hours away to this concert. I accepted, told my mom he was a friend I knew from a while back, and two days later he came and picked me up and we were off to the concert. Stupid, stupid, STUPID!! Lucky for me, he was a nice respectable guy who didn't try anything, and we had a great time backstage at the concert and became friends for a while after that. I got lucky. Really lucky. Morgan reminds me so much of myself when I was her age, the metal chick, long blonde hair, etc. I got a lot of attention from guys back then and judging by how Morgan looked, I'm 100% sure she did too. I'm sure lots of guys would take advantage of a young, beautiful girl walking alone by herself. Especially hitchhiking on the bridge. She was too trusting, a lot like me, and unfurtunately she stumbled across the wrong guy. It's so sad. She was so young, her whole life ahead of her.

My husbands ATV is huge and has four wheel drive. It has two large carrying racks, one in front and one in back, either could easily transport a body. As for securing it, he has no problem putting a 150 deer on it by himself and getting it out of the woods.

how incredibly sad about Morgan... My sincere respects to her family.

Thought: could someone who knew the area have picked her up and drove to the area where he then says he wants to show her something in the field and they walk out to the area? Just a thought... She may have not thought she was in any danger until the last moment... ETA: and perhaps the perp took her to the field to have sex with her and ended up killing her... leaves her there and runs... either way it was someone who knew this field.

This offender that lives in the area and works near where the concert was gives me very hinky vibes.

Morgan's 'reported' behavior the night of the concert (witness statements) show someone that could have well gotten into a car with someone.

Thought on the purse... perhaps she was inebriated (we do hear some witness statements that describe her as wobbling) and she DID set her purse down... perhaps she could have asked the perp to help her find her purse and this is how they connected?? just thoughts...

I completely agree with you. Her behavior is not all that unlike the things I've witnessed at concerts and college parties. I doubt Morgan put up much of a fight and would have gone with a complete stranger in a heartbeat. Better for her to be with SOMEONE than walking around alone...

Quick comment here and then I'm gone. I don't know what evidence LE may have but I think it's premature to discount the nearest or nearby barb wire fence as an entrance point.

Most farm barb wire fences are 3 strand and used to keep cattle or livestock inside the perimeter of the farm. They don't serve well to keep humans out unless it's a stockade type fence or military perimeter fence.

The RSO, initials EMH, was charged with rape and registered as a SO on July 5, 2006. That would make him 16 at the time. Could have been a date rape situation? Or could have taken advantage of a young or mentally deficient victim? All of these are mentioned in the Court Document 18.2-61.
He must have moved to the Monacan addy around mid-2008 because he has a "failed to register" conviction for August 27, 2008.
Wonder if he got a sentence for the July,2006 rape or was just placed on probation. I don't find where he served any time. Wonder if he was charged as a juvenile?
JMOO

No matter how a person posts signs, barbed wire, fences..........humans trespass easily.
Hunters go in no matter what. 700+ acres, you couldn't even hear an ATV, 4 wheeler etc. With wooded area etc, farms are easy targets. I agree hunters with trucks, ATV, bungees etc, very common in VA and woud never stick out on a farm in Oct. Very easy to move a lady.

My husbands ATV is huge and has four wheel drive. It has two large carrying racks, one in front and one in back, either could easily transport a body. As for securing it, he has no problem putting a 150 deer on it by himself and getting it out of the woods.

But deer compact so nicely. You tuck their legs in and tie them together if necessary. People don't compact quite as nicely as a deer.

Quick comment here and then I'm gone. I don't know what evidence LE may have but I think it's premature to discount the nearest or nearby barb wire fence as an entrance point.

Most farm barb wire fences are 3 strand and used to keep cattle or livestock inside the perimeter of the farm. They don't serve well to keep humans out unless it's a stockade type fence or military perimeter fence.

The fences in the background in yesterday's TV shots are rail fences. Which does not mean other parts of the property don't use barbed wire.

Rail fences are harder to get a vehicle through. Lots of ways through or over barbed wire; some of them don't even require cutting.

Another method of transportation that occured to me: horseback. The satellite picture shows a few tiny threads that look like they could be walking paths or horse trails. Could also be where the cattle regularly wander.

But deer compact so nicely. You tuck their legs in and tie them together if necessary. People don't compact quite as nicely as a deer.

Not to be crude, but...I would think they'd tuck and tie pretty much the same way, though not quite so gracefully. And she wasn't a very large woman.

Did you all see the comment from Allison posted at 12:48? She said a friend of hers was abducted from outside a Dave Matthews concert in DC a few months before Morgan. And that the friend woke up, beaten on the side of a road? Has anyone heard of this before????? I haven't finished reading the comments yet, but, this is so shocking I had to post it.

IDK if this has been brought up yet but Morgan also have been beaten and in a daze wandered onto the property fearing staying on the roads in case her attacker could searching for her.

I also wonder about the woods adjoining the farmers property. Around her there are all kinds of vehicle paths cut through the woods where kids go to hang out and party. She could have been escaping from there too.

Shutterfly, thank you so much for your work! I wonder, why didn't the perp put her in the wooded area that was so close instead of an open field that would surely be cut sometime or another?

I just wanted to add, that some girls that age really think they're invisible, that nothing will happen to them. I was one of those girls. When I was 18 I met a guy in a chatroom who was offering up an extra backstage pass to a concert event 6 hours away. He lived about an hour and a half from me and offered to come pick me up and take me 6 hours away to this concert. I accepted, told my mom he was a friend I knew from a while back, and two days later he came and picked me up and we were off to the concert. Stupid, stupid, STUPID!! Lucky for me, he was a nice respectable guy who didn't try anything, and we had a great time backstage at the concert and became friends for a while after that. I got lucky. Really lucky. Morgan reminds me so much of myself when I was her age, the metal chick, long blonde hair, etc. I got a lot of attention from guys back then and judging by how Morgan looked, I'm 100% sure she did too. I'm sure lots of guys would take advantage of a young, beautiful girl walking alone by herself. Especially hitchhiking on the bridge. She was too trusting, a lot like me, and unfortunately she stumbled across the wrong guy. It's so sad. She was so young, her whole life ahead of her.

I think this killer may be more cunning than we may think. Bodies disposed of in wide open spaces decompose at a much faster rate than if they are in a wooded area where the body can be protected from the elements.

Imo he knew her body couldn't be seen in the tall grass. Since hunting season was coming on hiding her in the treelines would risk that the body would be discovered by a hunter imo.

imo

The RSO, initials EMH, was charged with rape and registered as a SO on July 5, 2006. That would make him 16 at the time. Could have been a date rape situation? Or could have taken advantage of a young or mentally deficient victim? All of these are mentioned in the Court Document 18.2-61.
He must have moved to the Monacan addy around mid-2008 because he has a "failed to register" conviction for August 27, 2008.
Wonder if he got a sentence for the July,2006 rape or was just placed on probation. I don't find where he served any time. Wonder if he was charged as a juvenile?
JMOO

From looking at VSP SOR he was sentenced by Albemarle Co. Juvenile & Domestic Relations court.

I believe he might be living with his parents or other relatives as the property value of the house he lives in is over $600k. A bit much for a 20 y.o. plumber to afford.

JMOO
It looks like there were two counts of Rape and he was charged as a juvenile. He could have spent some time in a juvenile facility and been released by the time he was 18. I don't know the exact circumstances of the rapes, his records (since he was a juvenile) would not be public.

I'm the one who posted that one of the houses on the property had been/was rented out to college students and they had parties there. It was further stated that many cars passed by the "main house", I take that to be the older one, and it would not arouse any attention or curiosity. This was stated in SEVERAL posts. However, and here it comes, I went back this AM to find the source of these comments and I can't. Either they were deleted or timed out, if the source only keeps posts for a certain length of time. If this info needs to be discarded as rumor, so be it, since it cannot be proven by me at least. The one thing I do know is the place I got it from gave a time, like 4:00PM, etc, not 12 hours ago or whatever. I began hunting around on page 22- 26, if that helps - it may have been Topix or a newspaper from the area.

<snip>

Just to clarify, I wasn't implying that I didn't believe that the house had been rented out to college students, only that I couldn't find it sourced anywhere. I read this on another site, btw. I assume LE will be interviewing anyone who lived in that house, including friends known to visit.

Just for sake of discussion a moment and not saying this is what happened because I don't know and hope we all will and an arrest is made soon.

Qualifying just a tiny bit, I'm former Marine trained in crossing barb wire barriers and whats known as the "dead mans carry." I do agree it probably takes some training. I can pick an unconscious victim from the ground to my shoulders and carry them from one location to another location, the longer the distance the longer the time needed.

A vehicle is not needed but would be a great convenience. I'm unaware of the exact type structure of the fence in question and only saying it's possible.
Neither do I know the distances involved.

Farm fencing is usually a breeze to cross, a vehicle is not needed but could have been used. Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Since some of you are better at searching these things than others. Does anyone know how to track down any sort of news article about the SO being discussed? 2006 looks to be the time of his conviction, and I was wondering if there was anything in that case that may form some sort of connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home