Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
jokie7348, I didn't see the video, but Morgan's brother Alex was on my mind this morning. I'm concerned for him too.

Has the autopsy report been released yet .. TIA

If you look in the photo it also looks like her parents standing about 5 ft away from the row of flags around her body. The object that looks like someone lying down is a police officer walking to the scene...I can't see any boots..where? Does anyone else see the blond haired lady and white haired man?

I was researching a couple things on jpj arena in regards to it's involvement here. One thing I found is that it is definitely plausible morgan did leave the arena to smoke (do we even know if she's a regular/social smoker?), especially if she had been drinking.

From the pictures I've seen, the Metallica concert had a similar seating setup to this:

jpjseatingchart.jpg

Notice where sections 301 and 315 are, on the one end of the arena. That is where the designated smoking areas are, according to jpj arena. The front of the building, where the parking surface lot is, is on the end where section 308 is.

If her and her friends were sitting on the end closest to the front doors, she probably wouldn't have wanted to walk around to the smoking sections, especially if there's a bathroom by where they were seated. If she was indeed drunk she would've just walked out the front doors (speaking on personal experience). And no, they wouldn't be locked. Someone would be there guarding them though.

One thing I haven't found though is when the arena stops serving alcohol. Any other arena/stadium I've been to stops serving at some point (3rd qtr of ftbl games, 2nd int. for hockey, when the headliner starts at a concert, etc.). Anyone that's been there know?

I was researching a couple things on jpj arena in regards to it's involvement here. One thing I found is that it is definitely plausible morgan did leave the arena to smoke (do we even know if she's a regular/social smoker?), especially if she had been drinking.

From the pictures I've seen, the Metallica concert had a similar seating setup to this:

jpjseatingchart.jpg

Notice where sections 301 and 315 are, on the one end of the arena. That is where the designated smoking areas are, according to jpj arena. The front of the building, where the parking surface lot is, is on the end where section 308 is.

If her and her friends were sitting on the end closest to the front doors, she probably wouldn't have wanted to walk around to the smoking sections, especially if there's a bathroom by where they were seated. If she was indeed drunk she would've just walked out the front doors (speaking on personal experience). And no, they wouldn't be locked. Someone would be there guarding them though.

One thing I haven't found though is when the arena stops serving alcohol. Any other arena/stadium I've been to stops serving at some point (3rd qtr of ftbl games, 2nd int. for hockey, when the headliner starts at a concert, etc.). Anyone that's been there know?

I believe in an early thread, it was posted that Morgan and friends had seats in section 312.
Also, I believe it has been stated that no more alcohol is served at this venue once Metallica took the stage, ie. at the beginning of their part of the concert. I think it was due to liability issues.

Now there's a RUMOR on the Morgan site saying a 28 y/o male who was at the concert and, supposedly worked on the farm, has been arrested.

Like I said, it's a RUMOR as of now. No one knows anything else. They posted a link to where it originated from. However, there's really no additional info on the link they provide.

It seems that some of you think that smaller photo showing the tents etc is a composite? It's not. They have a grid laid out with string and they are going through each of those gridded squares, which are probably where her body was found, separately and plotting out exactly what was found where. They have screens they are sifting any removed material with. They may be laying things they find on that tarp, or there might be something under the tarp, I don't know. But the area with the different shaded squares just looks like that because some of the squares have more soil or vegetation removed than some of the others.

Now there's a RUMOR on the Morgan site saying a 28 y/o male who was at the concert and, supposedly worked on the farm, has been arrested.

Like I said, it's a RUMOR as of now. No one knows anything else. They posted a link to where it originated from. However, there's really no additional info on the link they provide.

Wow, well it sure would be great if they got the predator already!

I think it would be all over the news if an arrest was made, maybe they just brought someone in for questioning, or maybe someone on a website wanted to start a rumor.
We'll see. I HOPE it's true.

I agree. I mean, sure people in the community sometimes know such info beforehand/before it hits the news. However, I think by now we surely would have heard something. Guess we'll see.

I think it would be all over the news if an arrest was made, maybe they just brought someone in for questioning, or maybe someone on a website wanted to start a rumor.
We'll see. I HOPE it's true.

I had CNN and other news cable channels on all day yesterday NO absolutely no reference during the times I looked to this case?
I did however see way too much coverage of the child fathered by
the government official EDWARDS.Also news updates on other topics...
but not this?
I then wanted to see if NG had a show about her...
I did not watch her whole program but I saw her show was about
something else.
MISTY the drug taking step MOM babysitter girlfriend of the father of HALEIGH CUMMINGS and Ron's arrest and drug problems etc...

If not for this site I really would not see much as far as news and/or updates on the case.

If you look in the photo it also looks like her parents standing about 5 ft away from the row of flags around her body. The object that looks like someone lying down is a police officer walking to the scene...I can't see any boots..where? Does anyone else see the blond haired lady and white haired man?

YES! I know exactly what you are talking about! I stared at that part of the picture forever last night trying to figure out what it was. I see both the man and the woman. I don't know about her parents being in the pic though?

ETA: I'm not referring to the blue tarp part of the pic, I'm referring to the right of that, where the grids are.

Yeah I was surprised that NG had all that crap on about Ron and Misty and nothing about this case. I don't get it.

I had CNN and other news cable channels on all day yesterday NO absolutely no reference during the times I looked to this case?
I did however see way too much coverage of the child fathered by
the government official EDWARDS.Also news updates on other topics...
but not this?
I then wanted to see if NG had a show about her...
I did not watch her whole program but I saw her show was about
something else.
MISTY the drug taking step MOM babysitter girlfriend of the father of HALEIGH CUMMINGS and Ron's arrest and drug problems etc...

If not for this site I really would not see much as far as news and/or updates on the case.

I agree, I think it's a sifting station. The white that looks like a skull is probably the top of a forensics expert's head and the white thing next to it is is a gloved hand reaching into the dirt.

If they operate anything like an archaeologial sifting station, the tarp is probably being used to carry dirt from the grid area to the sifting station. But forensics procedures might be different.

I noticed in one of Tuesday's videos that one of the people heading into the farm was a blonde police officer, so that might be who people are seeing in the picture. I can't make anybody out, myself. I also can't believe they'd let Morgan's parents in that close to an investigation in progress.

With skeletal remains like that they do operate like an archaeologist's dig.

I have the same questions you do but what I'd really love to know is how evidence of sexual contact makes it any more likely she knew the that did this to her? Has he never heard of sexual assault? :furious:

I see your point completely, however they may be thinking if she was raped, the perp would have had a prior obsession with her that led up to his raping her and then killing her. (If that is the scenario that happened).
He would have to know her from someone, school, work, etc. Something along those lines as opposed to a random attack of rape and murder. If she was picked at random by a local, likely there would be other reports of rapes&murders as these types of things seem impulse crimes. (This as well can vary depending on the individual perp)

It's doubtful the officer meant what he said in a derogatory way.
More likely if the perp had raped and killed Morgan as the result of an obsession with her, it would have taken awhile for the obsession to grow to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch