Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kopacki sounds like a big fool. Most physical evidence like DNA and fingerprints can be circumstantial evidence and MOST cases in court are based on circumstantial evidence, which is not hard to get through courts at all. And sexual contact doesn't mean they knew one another before that night, how about a thing called stranger rape?
Sheesh.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Circumstantial+Evidence

Check out the above link for the definition of circumstantial evidence.

"In addition, much Scientific Evidence is circumstantial, because it requires a jury to make a connection between the circumstance and the fact in issue. For example, with fingerprint evidence, a jury must make a connection between this evidence that the accused handled some object tied to the crime and the commission of the crime itself."

As for the case get through to the court, if the perp has Johnny Cochrane or some powerhouse attorney, the possibility exists he could get off.
I think what he meant was LE is working on getting a rock solid case against the perp so that he can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and no lawyer is going to get him off on some fluke.

Does anyone know when the cause of death/autopsy is supposed to be completed and released? TIA.

Am I the only who feels that this was done by a stranger & not by someone Morgan knew? Did Morgan ever reside in C'ville?

Wow! I just found this article about it.

It's so sad. I feel really awful for her parents.

I hope they catch the soon. It does seem weird that the farmer immediately thought of Morgan when he saw the skull. I guess there's probably an innocent explanation for it, but to find it in an area 11/2 miles from the road makes we wonder if he suspected someone he knows. Someone that has been there many times before.

I'm probably way over thinking this.

This makes my heart ache so much for that woman:
Her parents said that she should be remembered as a wonderful, loved person.
“Having seen, that girl even had some lovely bones,” her mother said.

http://www2.dailyprogress.com

What strength and grace they have shown.

Yes in the picture... the left image that looks like someone taking a nap, is a blond or red haired police officer with white gloves, look at the patch on his arm. I believe the blue tarp a sifting station.I see white flags in the middle right where the officers are standing. There is a faint image of a man and woman standing close to the flags. There is no way her body was still in this photo..
I am still leaning toward a drug experience gone wrong..then a cover up.

With skeletal remains like that they do operate like an archaeologist's dig.

Okay, thanks.

The typical archaeological sifting station is a frame about waist high to an average person. There's a mesh screen hanging loosely from the top to make it easy to shake, and there's a tray or tarp underneath to catch the dirt. Any item of interest stays behind in the mesh. Usually two people operate each one -- it's hard to say for sure but there are enough dark spots for that to be the case here.

The way this site is set up, with the two stations next to the tarp like that, I'm guessing they might have a finer mesh in one screen. So the first one (probably the one on the left) sifts for large objects, then they take the dirt that passed through that screen to the other station where it's sifted again to retain the smallest objects. Or possibly they're just working two at a time to get done faster.

Looking more closely at that tarp with its two areas of darkness, I think rather than hauling the tarp back and forth, possibly buckets of dirt are being dumped there to await processing.

I could be totally wrong, of course. There's not a lot of detail. But it looks awfully familiar -- I spent part of one summer sifting for chert flakes in 100-degree heat, and except for the absence of layers of chalk dust here, it looks very much like our setup.

I hope they catch the soon. It does seem weird that the farmer immediately thought of Morgan when he saw the skull. I guess there's probably an innocent explanation for it, but to find it in an area 11/2 miles from the road makes we wonder if he suspected someone he knows. Someone that has been there many times before.

I don't find it at all strange that he immediately thought it was Morgan. Her name & face has been plastered all over that area for 3 months. The police have stated that there was evidence on scene that led them to the same conclusion as well. They did call her parents for identification pretty much immediately, after all. Also, hers was the only high profile missing persons case in the area that I'm aware of.

I don't think it's weird that he immediately thought of Morgan -- there don't seem to be any other missing people in the area and the case was pretty high profile.

I agree, he seems like he might suspect somebody. There's just such sadness about the way he describes going to make that phone call. Like "I don't want to do this but I know I have to."

Such a shame. However, I think that's a weird thing to say. Not for any reason. Just it sounds strange to me.

This makes my heart ache so much for that woman:
Her parents said that she should be remembered as a wonderful, loved person.
“Having seen, that girl even had some lovely bones,” her mother said.

http://www2.dailyprogress.com

What strength and grace they have shown.

Such a shame. However, I think that's a weird thing to say. Not for any reason. Just it sounds strange to me.

It struck me as weird too! Especially with the movie the Lovely Bones just out! But then I understand what she means, I think -that even in death she is graceful and very lovely and loved...

I'm sure you are right. It just sounds weird.

It struck me as weird too! Especially with the movie the Lovely Bones just out! But then I understand what she means, I think -that even in death she is graceful and very lovely and loved...

If there were cameras out there I don't think they were in working condition. the proeprty owner stated he had not been out there in a ong time. I think august. This happened in October. Even if he changed the batteries and memory card in the cameras they most likely would have been full by october. We have these cameras at our deerlease. Also they only pick up movement fairly close by. I think our cameras are set up maybe 20-30 yards from the feeder they face.

ETA: this is a photo from our game camera at night. If the cameras were working this gives you an idea of how good the resolution is. Yes those are cows eating the deer corn.

brianjacquec1

Ugh that's disappointing -here's hoping they were somehow miraculously working and at least hoping that knowing there could be footage is scaring the h#@ out of whoever did this heinous thing

I hope they find the responsible party soon. I can't even imagine how hurt and sick her parents and family feel.If tears would ease their pain I would cry a river. I have two daughters, and the thought just makes me so sad.
There has got to be a way to stop all this killing. What is going on..every day since Caylee .
I don't know if people are seeking their 15 seconds of fame..but it sure seem to have increased.

I'm thinking the murderer was someone she met online
& went looking to meet him before the concert. He's a local guy.

Man, those are some spooky-looking cows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member