Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/I]

From the Webster OnLine Dictionary; Homicide rules out any chance of suicide or accident according to the universally accepted definition. LE said it was a homicide, not that there was enough evidence gathered to justify a homicide.

Main Entry: ho·mi·cide
Pronunciation: \ˈhä-mə-ˌsīd, ˈhō-\
Function: noun
Etymology: in sense 1, from Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin homicida, from *advertiser censored* human being + -cida -cide; in sense 2, from Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin homicidium, from *advertiser censored* + -cidium -cide
Date: 14th century
1 : a person who kills another
2 : a killing of one human being by another

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homicide

The ruling means only that there is enough evidence to justify a homicide investigation. Do you have a link to any LE representative saying that the incident itself was definitely a homicide?

I can't give you a link, as I haven't followed the other websites on Morgan's case, but there was somewhere (perhaps the Metallica website) where she did post about going. I'm just typing from memory; perhaps someone else can be more specific.

Hi Caliope and Wadahoot - Yes she posted it on that concert application by ilike they have on FB, I can't remember the exact name or have a link for the moment-a search on the concert date and venue brings up her names among others

I hope this works http://www.facebook.com/tos.php?api...060c257ae59f748a38fa96bbad96f84a&v=1.0&canvas

Interesting that your suggested route runs down a long, narrow field between two long, narrow wooded strips. It would offer maximum protection for someone who didn't want to be seen.

Yes, and it's also the most logical when taking into account where the creeks run. Put the map on "Terrain" to see what I mean.

Here's an interesting news clip about Anchorage Farms neighbors:

http://www.thenewsroom.com/details/3991565

At the end, the reporter says the neighbors say "many people park on the side of the road at the back of the property."

And people hunt on tractors. :waitasec:

Thanks for sharing that!! That video also accounts for the suspicious assaults and robberies listed for the area when doing a crime map search on crimereports.com, which I've always wondered about.

The ruling means only that there is enough evidence to justify a homicide investigation. Do you have a link to any LE representative saying that the incident itself was definitely a homicide?

In any case involving a suspect death it is not LE that determines it is murder; it is the medical examiner and their office. They have to go by what the ME tells them. You will never find a link to where a LE person uses the word murder until after the ME office rules on it.

Virginia Tech Student Morgan Harrington Was Murdered, Police Say
Cause of Death Still to Be Determined by Medical Examiner...

Yep; The first on refers to her death as murder.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-t...ingtons-death-ruled-homicide/story?id=9740132

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/235165

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...rules-Virginia-Tech-students-death-a-homicide

http://www.wdbj7.com/global/story.asp?s=11923619

And this one refers to a "killer":

http://abcnews.go.com/US/morgan-harringtons-killer-knew-obstacles-farm-area/story?id=9749253

someone posted here yesterday that the house to the northwest of where the body was found was unoccupied. If you went from there you could literally drive straight to where the body was found. You can even see tracks going from this house to there (in your map) so that path has been driven repeatedly by someone or maybe many people.

What do you think about this? I think if its true the house was unoccupied then this is without a doubt the route they took.

someone posted here yesterday that the house to the northwest of where the body was found was unoccupied. If you went from there you could literally drive straight to where the body was found. You can even see tracks going from this house to there (in your map) so that path has been driven repeatedly by someone or maybe many people.

What do you think about this? I think if its true the house was unoccupied then this is without a doubt the route they took.

It's more like a barn/shed type structure.

But yes, I see what you're saying. The only reason I highlight my particular route on my map is that you have to traverse a creek to get from that barn to the location of Morgan's body, and I've always opined she was put there via an ATV.

Clearly this case has been very frustrating, and hush-hush;
but I would really love to see some of the posters who have stopped posting all-together resume their commentary. I feel like we are missing valuable insight from folks who have followed this case from the beginning...

Clearly this case has been very frustrating, and hush-hush;
but I would really love to see some of the posters who have stopped posting all-together resume their commentary. I feel like we are missing valuable insight from folks who have followed this case from the beginning...

I agree...

Seems like there are some people though that believe their opinion is the only one that matters and that no one else has a right to post whatever they are thinking/believing.

I think some posters have gotten tired of some things that have gone on with this thread and some posts that are still continuing.

Kind of makes one not want to post

I'm not sure how common housefires amongst college students are, but there was another one in Charlottesville. Cause of fire is still under investigation.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/83825322.html

Housefires in older buildings are pretty common to begin with. Most student housing is not the most up to date. And after a big fire when people are keeping the heat up to stay warm, maybe using unsafe heaters or overloading old wiring, fires become a lot more common.

And the other one was a couple of weeks ago now.

I'd be surprised if it was even remotely relevant.

I agree...

Seems like there are some people though that believe their opinion is the only one that matters and that no one else has a right to post whatever they are thinking/believing.

I think some posters have gotten tired of some things that have gone on with this thread and some posts that are still continuing.

People will post, no matter what, they will post and if the investigators are looking at these, they will sift through the valid information

People will post, no matter what, they will post and if the investigators are looking at these, they will sift through the valid information

I should have been more clear in my post

I meant attitudes of certain posters cause people not to want to post

It's more like a barn/shed type structure.

But yes, I see what you're saying. The only reason I highlight my particular route on my map is that you have to traverse a creek to get from that barn to the location of Morgan's body, and I've always opined she was put there via an ATV.

i'm not sure I see where the creek is I am trying to post a pic of what i mean below so here goes :

4344553182_522e80c143_b.jpg

sorry its so big and the writting is hard to read....

I should have been more clear in my post

I meant attitudes of certain posters cause people not to want to post

true, but people will post. certain attitudes of various bloggers are not going to stop them from posting info, theories, epiphanies. You're telling me that you won't post because someone is acting in a certain way.

Anyways lets get back on topic...

any new info like the band called Long haul that someone brought up along time ago, what EH has someone posted about him previously before the victim's body was found

The creeks are only visible when you switch to "Terrain" on Google maps.

I agree...

Whatcha talkin' 'bout?? When the thread went A.W.O.L. for 2 days?? I have been on this from the start ,I feel I have no more to contribute to the discussion with no new info. coming out-we have micro analyzed everything available. I do get discouraged when every other page somebody says" how do we even know if she went into the concert?" We have taken that fact as a given,but in reality there hasn't been one photo or video inside JPJ that any of us have seen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper