Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

This is very strange because her Mother stressed how much Morgan was looking forward to the concert and how excited she was about it that day. It just doesn't make sense that she would not try to get back in. Call her friend to bring her ticket stub down to the door or something.

This question has been answered repeatedly. If you read the Hook article, the arena has a NO RE-ENTRY policy. That means you can't get back in even with a ticket stub. (http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case)

The Arena's no re-entry policy has been a source of controversy, and Cappuzzo at last addressed questions about the moment Morgan left the Arena. While some have speculated that she was lured outside, Cappuzzo revealed that a ticket taker warned Morgan about the Arena's no re-entry policy as she prepared to exit through the main doors facing Copeley Road. Morgan acknowledged the warning, Cappuzzo says, then left anyway, where she was seen emptying the contents of her purse in an apparently unsuccessful effort to find her red Kodak digital camera, which has never been recovered. Standing in front of the Arena, witnesses also reported seeing her drop her phone, then retrieve it.

When she tried to reenter through the main entrance of the Arena, says Cappuzzo, the ticket taker asked for her ticket.

"She said, 'It's in pieces in my purse,'" says Cappuzzo, who says the ticket taker stopped her when it appeared she planned to dump the contents of her purse again. Told she'd need to purchase another ticket if she wanted to return, Morgan left the Arena a second time and remained in the immediate area for as long as 10 or 15 minutes, interacting with various concertgoers--- several of whom offered her assistance, which she again declined.

This question has been answered repeatedly. If you read the Hook article, the arena has a NO RE-ENTRY policy. That means you can't get back in even with a ticket stub.

Yes, but if she and maybe her friends were to ask to speak to a manager, they may have waived the new ticket requirement.

According to that site which supposedly has inside info, Morgan had enough cash to cover a new ticket.

JMO a group is responsible for the murder.

Morgan was most probably not mugged in the RV lot; because the timeline is too tight.

[http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case

Plus, the timeline in this link:
http://www.readthehook.com/69711/bridge-morgan-harrington-last-seen-over-train-tracks]

9:00 pm The basketball players (students) left JPJ. Morgan joined them. They walked to the RV lot.

9:10 - 9:20 - Harrington in the RV Lot with "limited interaction" with witnesses

9:20 - Some witnesses leave in vehicles
[After the basketball players left, Morgan then encountered the non-students witnesses who saw her curtsy.]

9:20 pm The father and daughter saw her on the bridge hitchhiking.

If Morgan were mugged or violently attacked by someone who then threw her pack and her cell on the lawn, one of these witnesses would have observed either the incident itself or Morgan being extremely distraught, fleeing or perhaps trying to flag a car down.

Let's imagine that Morgan had been attacked in the RV lot. Then according to the father and daughter witnesses, she would have apparently had managed to have escaped this to at least make it to the bridge on her own. To have been attacked by a mugger, and then picked up right away by a random killer, is too much of a coincidence for such a very short period of time.

My conclusion is that the pack and the cell were a plant.

The pack was found early the next morning, and turned in to an office in the Cage Lot. Therefore JMO the murder took place quickly that very night, and the pack and cell were brought back to the RV lot after Morgan was already dead.

http://www.virginia.edu/uvapolice/police_reports/oct09.txt

PROPERTY FOUND – Cage Parking Lot 200901379/45
Reported purse found
RPT: 0819 10-18-09 OCC: 0800 10-18-09
CASE STATUS: Active

The simplest explanation is that the killers picked Morgan up on the bridge where she was "hitchhiking" just before 9:30 pm.

More than one person had to be responsible. Else how could one guy restrain Morgan, remove the cell battery (which occurred at exactly 9:30 pm) and also move the car quickly enough back into traffic so that no one would notice that the car had been stopped?

A group picked Morgan up on the bridge. She most likely got into the car willingly. And, one of the group (perhaps surreptitiously) removed the battery from the cell.

BBM

This is very strange because her Mother stressed how much Morgan was looking forward to the concert and how excited she was about it that day.

The concert may have been just a cover for Morgan's true intention that night: to meet up with a group for some event.

This group planned well in advance to murder Morgan.

They managed to talk her into not informing her parents about her plans to meet up with them that night by using some nonsensical excuse like that it would bring bad karma or ruin the spell or cause embarrassing gossip if anyone knew about the weird event.

This group somehow manipulated Morgan to cooperate with their evil plans.

They told Morgan to leave the concert, to wait around until Metallica actually took the stage, and then to walk to some designated landmark far from the crowds around JPJ. They didn't want anyone to see her get into their car.

The landmark happened to be something near the RV lot, which is why Morgan joined the students also walking in that direction. Morgan had misgivings. Therefore, she asked the students for a ride somewhere.

Who is this weird group? Seems to me that Morgan's most immediate associates, aside from her family, would probably be at her college. JMO: at least one of the group is associated with VTech.

Yes, but if she and maybe her friends were to ask to speak to a manager, they may have waived the new ticket requirement.

According to that site which supposedly has inside info, Morgan had enough cash to cover a new ticket.

Morgan was most probably not mugged in the RV lot; because the timeline is too tight.

[http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case

http://www.readthehook.com/69711/bridge-morgan-harrington-last-seen-over-train-tracks]

9:00 pm The basketball players (students) left JPJ. Morgan joined them. They walked to the RV lot.

9:10 - 9:20 - Harrington in the RV Lot with "limited interaction" with witnesses

[After the basketball players left, Morgan then encountered the non-students witnesses who saw her curtsy.]

If Morgan were mugged or violently attacked by someone who then threw her pack and her cell on the lawn, one of these witnesses would have observed either the incident itself or Morgan being extremely distraught, fleeing or perhaps trying to flag a car down.

Let's imagine that Morgan had been attacked in the RV lot. Then according to the father and daughter witnesses, she would have apparently had managed to have escaped this to at least make it to the bridge on her own. To have been attacked by a mugger, and then picked up right away by a random killer, is too much of a coincidence for such a very short period of time.

The pack was found early the next morning, and turned in to an office in the Cage Lot. Therefore JMO the murder took place quickly that very night, and the pack and cell were brought back to the RV lot after Morgan was already dead.

The simplest explanation is that the killers picked Morgan up on the bridge where she was "hitchhiking" just before 9:30 pm.

More than one person had to be responsible. Else how could one guy restrain Morgan, remove the cell battery (which occurred at exactly 9:30 pm) and also move the car quickly enough back into traffic so that no one would notice that the car had been stopped?

A group picked Morgan up on the bridge. She most likely got into the car willingly. And, one of the group (perhaps surreptitiously) removed the battery from the cell.

I agree with most of what you say -- which also matches the reported facts and the police theory -- except for the part about more than one person being necessary to restrain her. If she was looking for a ride and somebody who looked "safe" stopped for her, she would have hopped right in the car with no need for the violence and restraint. By the time the car was moving, even if Morgan sensed something wrong, it would have been too late. We know the cell phone battery often fell out, so it might just be the killer's good luck that he didn't have to disable it. Or maybe when she took it out and tried to call for help, he slapped it out of her hand and the battery came out.

As for buying another ticket -- Morgan was certainly not thinking rationally at that point, so who knows why she decided. Talking to the manager wasn't going to be an option. I mean, really, underage drinking and you're going to talk to a guy who more than likely will just call the cops on you? Right. Not to mention that there are dozens if not hundreds of kids trying to get in for free by coming up with similar tales of woe.

You cannot purchase tickets once the concert starts, at least from the ticket agency. You'd have to hit up a scalper which can be expensive.

You cannot purchase tickets once the concert starts, at least from the ticket agency. You'd have to hit up a scalper which can be expensive.

Can you buy one from the window at JPJ? At what point that evening, would JPJ have stopped selling tickets?

I agree with most of what you say -- which also matches the reported facts and the police theory -- except for the part about more than one person being necessary to restrain her. If she was looking for a ride and somebody who looked "safe" stopped for her, she would have hopped right in the car with no need for the violence and restraint. By the time the car was moving, even if Morgan sensed something wrong, it would have been too late.

How would a lone perpetrator physically manage to drive and restrain Morgan at the same time?

We know the cell phone battery often fell out, so it might just be the killer's good luck that he didn't have to disable it.

The witnesses place Morgan on the bridge at 9:30pm. Therefore, battery removal must have been immediate. The timing seems too perfect for an accident, but it's not impossible.

How would a lone perpetrator physically manage to drive and restrain Morgan at the same time?

Well, the easiest way is to keep chatting nice and friendly so she doesn't realize something is wrong. Morgan seems to have been a friendly gregarious person; chatting her up woudn't have been too difficult. And if she does start to suspect something, just keep moving. Hardly anybody is going to attack the driver of a car that's moving at any speed. If she does, he can punch her and knock her out. Or maybe he's holding her at gun or knife point.

Seriously. Once she's in the car is moving at a good pace, what is she going to do? Attack him and cause an accident that might kill them both? Jumped out at 45mph and gotten killed? (Before they found Morgan's body, they had that one search along the highway in the high speed lane -- I've always wondered if she didn't try to escape from the moving car.)

(Before they found Morgan's body, they had that one search along the highway in the high speed lane -- I've always wondered if she didn't try to escape from the moving car.)

Interesting.

You mean the search of Rt 64 near Crozet in mid-December. Might explain the shattered bones.

If Morgan were in a car on Rt. 64 that night; then possibly she managed to persuade someone to give her a ride home, just exactly as she told her concert companion in the 8:48 pm cell call.

But something happened?

Shortly after that search, LE terminated searches for Morgan.

In the ID show, the police officer suggests that the reason that Morgan was hitching a ride was that she felt "desperate" since her cell phone was not working. However, the cell phone did not disconnect from its battery until 9:30pm. Morgan reportedly began hitchhiking at 9:20 pm.

Maybe the cell phone was not working for some other reason.

I am not current on this case, but I did see about 5 minutes of the ID show whwre there was mention of her shirt being found. I remember "the shirt" being banned from WS discussion right after it's discovery & I never understood why. Can someone explain? And thanks in advance.

I am not current on this case, but I did see about 5 minutes of the ID show whwre there was mention of her shirt being found. I remember "the shirt" being banned from WS discussion right after it's discovery & I never understood why. Can someone explain? And thanks in advance.

Neighbors complained of harrassment.

I don't know why they won't release COD. They have DNA, so it is not as though they would need to verify COD from someone who might be giving a false confession.

The man known as "Sketch" may not have been the actual murderer, but only an accomplice, or possibly not involved.

I watched last night...not much new..
However, I may have missed it, but did the newspaper lady who thought she saw Morgan, say that the girl was wearing a Pantera t-shirt?

The newspaper lady said that Morgan had her hair tucked into a coat.

The ID show depicted the purse as much smaller than a regular-sized pack.

Morgan could not have left the purse and the cell behind herself.

If she had dropped them on the lawn in a disoriented state, then how could the battery have been removed at exactly 9:30 pm, nearly the exact time which Morgan was probably accepting a ride on the Copeley St. bridge?

But if the perp(s) decided to plant the purse and cell, they must have been sure that she actually had been in the RV lot earlier that night.

Therefore, someone must have been observing her before she went hitchhiking on the bridge.

At the end of the ID show, heartbreakingly, Mr. Harrington, Morgan's father, describes how his daughter will never finish college, never get married, never have children, and never have a career. Then, he says that the killer continues to do all these things. Maybe he didn't mean this expression in a literal sense, but perhaps Morgan's parents suspect that the killer is a college student or a professional associated with one of Virginia's colleges.

After Morgan left JPP at app. 8:20 pm 10/17/09:

1. According to the Hook: Morgan told the ticket taker at JPJ that her ticket was in her pack "in pieces."

2. Per the ID show (which I haven't actually seen): one of the men Morgan met outside the arena asked her if she had a ticket to get back in. She told him, yes.

3. Morgan had enough cash to just buy a new ticket to be readmitted.

4. Per the ID show: Morgan in fact did not have her ticket; a friend had it in his/her possession at that point in time.

5. Morgan's ticket was never recovered by the police.

Could someone verify statements 2 and 4 for me?

Statements 3 and 5 came from source who supposedly has inside info.

Let's assume that all the statements are true. Doesn't it sound as if Morgan was not interested in returning to the concert?

If Morgan's friend had the ticket, wouldn't this person likely deliver it to the police as evidence that Morgan had in fact attended the concert?

Saw the ID show on YouTube. According to the show, statement 2 is true, but statement 4 is not true. Morgan told someone outside the arena that she had her ticket, and the ID show did not state that anyone else had the ticket in their possession at that point in time. Seems likely that Morgan did in fact have her ticket. She spent about 45 minutes total outside the arena, but refused offers of help.

1. I believe so
2. I think she went to every entry point and they all told her she could not get in unless she had her ticket stub which she did not (a friend had it).
3. I think they did; also I think she first went to the RR and then went outside the arena to smoke.

The JPJ policy is that you cannot get in even if you do have your ticket stub. As to whether being readmitted is actually possible, opinions conflict.

Morgan herself most probably had her own ticket stub. She told the ticket taker at the entrance that it was "in pieces" in her purse. A person outside the arena also asked her if she had a ticket, and she replied yes.

As far as the information presented in the media, no source has stated that Morgan tried to be readmitted at every entrance.

Morgan did not call her concert companions. One of them called her at 8:48 pm. Morgan left the JPJ area at about 9:00pm.

Therefore, JMO seems like she wasn't really trying that hard to get back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay