Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting witness from another sight:

Help Find Morgan Harrington - Tip Line: 434.352.3467
October 24, 2009, 08:08:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. 1 Hour 1 Day 1 Week 1 Month Forever
Login with username, password and session length

News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home Help Search Login Register

Help Find Morgan Harrington - Tip Line: 434.352.3467 > Help Find Morgan > General Discussion (Moderator: TXMango) > Morgan Sighted At Concert
Pages: [1] « previous next »
Print

Author Topic: Morgan Sighted At Concert (Read 826 times)

turkey man

Morgan Sighted At Concert
« on: October 23, 2009, 04:22:18 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I am about to post has already been called into the tip line last night. My daughter and her husband went to the Metallica concert last Saturday night. They first noticed Morgan because she was standing in the stands and she was turned around taking pictures either with a camera or cell phone of people my daughter assumed she was with. Anyway she caught their attention because Morgan was standing in part of the seating that is very high up and a fall would have been not good. They were afraid she would fall. Later my daughter got kinda sick on the stomach because of the extreamly high seating and decided to go down closer to the main floor. Daughter spent the rest of the concert standing near one of the curtains by one of the passage ways to the stands. About 10 minutes before Metallica came on they seen Morgan again. This time Morgan fell flat on her face right in front of my daughter and son in law. She fell and hit her nose, My daughter and son in law helped her get to her feet. They report that this girl was stoned so bad she could not talk. They kept asking her if she was okay and she could not answer them. They told me that they didn't know if it was drugs or alcohol, they assumed that maybe is was pot she was on. After a few minutes Morgan turned and left through the curtain and out towards the hallways. That's it. My daughter is 100% positive that this girl was Morgan. She described the clothing to a "T" and I think it was Wednesday that she saw a picture of Morgan and they both said that this is the same girl that fell in front of them. They also said the Morgan did not appear to be with anyone at that time.

REsearcher

Re: Morgan Sighted At Concert
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 07:57:59 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this was Morgan you saw she was NOT stoned. She was having a dissociative mental break.

There are other missing students like this, Brian Shaffer, Maura Murray, Michael Negrete, Josh Guimond, and Justin Gains. They all walked away and are all still missing. The oldest story is Ron Tammen. He was sighted three hours after he would have walked away from Miami of Ohio so confused he didn't know his name. The woman had no reason to know he was missing and allowed him to leave. That was fifty years ago. There are other cases on the Missing Students page at VisionAndPsychosis.Net.

The problem was discovered and solved forty years ago. Office workers using newly designed close-spaced workstations began to have mental breaks. The startle reflex was at fault. The cubicle was designed to deal with it by 1968.

The only thing left is to interview her roommate and friends to determine if she did have the behaviors to cause this event. If you know them send them to my site and use the contact page to reach me.

Many of these students recover or are found in altered mental states. Ahmad Arain left a bus in Watts and walked to Mexico losing thirty pounds on the way. He recovered enough to email home after six weeks. His family admitted he had a mental break. Matthew Wilson took money out of the bank then drove away from Rice in Houston. He was arrested eight months later in Berkeley, California and placed on suicide watch because of bizarre behavior. Hannah Upp, grad student and high school teacher disappeared while on her daily run. Although sighted several times using a computer in an Apple store she managed to evade police and friends until rescued while attempting suicide. She admitted a Dissociative Fugue event.

Getting massive publicity is paramount. She will probably recover and return unless there has been an accident or criminal act against her.

No school deliberately provides Cubicle Level Protection or warns students. A library carrel is full Cubicle Level Protection.

It's called Subliminal Distraction exposure. SD is explained in first semester psychology under the physiology of sight. Although you can learn to consciously ignore distracting movement when you concentrate to study or perform knowledge work you cannot prevent your brain subliminally detecting threat-movement and attempting the startle that would normally happen. Over weeks the suppression of the startle reflex leads to a mental event.

In the Design field, Systems Furniture, Cubicles, it is believed to cause only a harmless temporary episode of confusion. Designers and engineers see only that level of distress due to the exposure experienced in an eight hour daily work schedule.

In seven years of searching I have been unable to find anyone in medicine or psychiatry aware such a problem exists. Keep in mind that Designers use the information daily to build cubicles.

Researcher @
http://VisionAndPsychosis.Net

Whiplash

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 09:05:16 AM »

That first reply is rediculous so I will ignore. To Turkey: What section were her seats? I'm surprised they've never mentioned this in the press.

You're description of your son and daughter doesn't really make sense. They were standing inside closed curtains on the main floor? Typically security won't let you do this anyway. If they saw her that means she was also within these curtains because you said that after she was helped up she left and went through the curtains and out. So she happened to be sitting next to them in the stands and then also happened to be near them in the lower section that they were in. What lower section were they standing in? If this is all true, maybe she knew someone in this section too. Surely the police can get a list of all ticket purchasers in this section. Apparently she was fine while in the upper section enough to take pictures of friends and not fall off, then down below (probably not long after) she was stoned as you say so if she did something or something was given to her it may have been by someone in that section.

warlord

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 09:20:03 AM »

Plus as it seems from the news reports, there was no indication from friends when she talked to them outside the venue that she seemed drunk or on drugs at all. You'd think that this would have been mentioned by the person that recieved her call when Morgan was talking about getting a ride back.

Something is interesting, is where did she leave her ticket? From the reports, she wasn't allowed back in because she no longer had her ticket. She did have her phone and her purse though that was recovered in the parking lot. It's strange that she would leave without it, unless it somehow got misplaced, but you would think that people would check before exiting that they had that on them to re-enter...

turkey man

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 09:55:49 AM »

To whiplash. Go back and read my post again. Realize that I am writing in the third person here. Main thing is I was just informing all, that this tip has been phoned in by the first person, my Daughter and it was last night so I doubt that it would have made the papers yet, may not ever make the papers. I have never been in the arena period and don't know how it's laid out. If my daughter and son in law says she was stoned then she was stoned. And I doubt that her friends would tell that part because they don't want to look bad and wanted to protect Morgan at this point. Of course all this will come out later if she doesn't show up pretty quick. Now as far as what section she was in when she fell on her face she was in a entrance way and not in a section per se. People would come through there from a lot of sections I'm told by my daughter.

Now there is a news report on TV this morning where a woman seen her in the parking lot with a guy holding her arm and she said it appeared that Morgan was either pushing back with her hands or the guy was pulling on her. It went off before I could see the rest of it. I'll catch it again.

turkey man

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 12:42:13 PM »

Here is the report from our local news station in Richmond, a video is also there.
http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=11369879

karmalord

« Reply #6 on: Today at 12:26:40 AM »

Ok,if in fact she was taking pictures on her cell,they should have found them and recieved more clues when they found the phone. Did they bother to check? God I hope so. Sometimes I wonder at the pace cops have when investigating these things. They often miss what some see as the obvious.
1. She told her friends she would find her own way home?-never did I hear that on any news reports.
2. Friends she called must have asked her why she was outside. Natural response to her telling them she was outside would suggest. What are they hiding?
3. If she said she was going to the bathroom her friends surely would have gone with her. What girl goes to the bathroom alone at such an event when with other girls?
4. If she called her friends and said she couldnt get back in, what friend would just stay put and not go to help?

Brent

« Reply #7 on: Today at 01:42:28 AM »

the only thing we should call news from the "media" is if only it is verified from Morgan's family. some things need to stay private and any positive leads they have or any information they have should be filtered through the family first. One thing you have to keep in mind is we're all suspects until they have solid evidence. The authorities have to be careful. I want to stay informed just like so many others but if your going to opine or take certain beliefs just make sure it has been verified by family.

turkey man

« Reply #8 on: Today at 03:27:10 AM »

To Brent: In this kind of case nothing is private. It would seem to me that every tiny piece of information is important. Nothing I wrote can be verified by the family, how would they be able to verify that stuff, they were not there. Give me one thing that needs to stay private! The fact that she was stoned? I'm not verifying anything through the family. Okay so I should say to Morgan's family "Hey does your daughter do dope? What do you think they would tell me? You are suggesting that all leads and information should go through the family first before the cops to make sure that the info doesn't hurt anybody's feeling? Get real. This young lady is in mortal danger

Make no mistake and you can take it the bank, if my daughter says she was stoned, that means she came across as being stoned. That's what we're talking about here "appearance". She appeared to fall flat on her face and busted her nose. She appeared mot to be able to respond verbally because no words came out of her mouth. Get it?

Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »

Jump to: Please select a destination: ----------------------------- Help Find Morgan ----------------------------- => General Discussion => Upcoming Events => Thoughts, Prayers

Powered by SMF 1.1.10 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC

Good morning y'all, just checking in....

It's been 7 DAYS now, no Morgan. ALSO, there is absolutely NO COVERAGE on Morgan's case on any major news outlet website at the moment. CNN, FOX, NY TIMES, WASH POST, MSNBC, PEOPLE mag...nothing.

I realllllly think LE needs to release some info/have a press conference--something at this point! Morgan is still missing and the farther away from the original event you get, the smaller the window becomes to actually find Morgan alive.

Anyway, was with friends last night filling them in on what we've theorized here, what info we do have etc. Everyone kept getting stuck on why there seems to be NO INFO on WHY MORGAN WOUND UP OUTSIDE.

One of my guy friends suggested that perhaps Morgan was asked to leave...he said perhaps she had been in an altercation with someone (maybe ran into a girl who was upset Morgan had been hanging out with her ex, maybe someone picking a fight with her because she was wearing a Pantera shirt, like an aggressive fan verbally attacking her and then escalating from there) or was caught doing something illegal (drinking out of a flask, in smoking area lighting a joint etc.) This would explain why she wound up outside the arena after telling her friends she was just going to bathroom and then somehow was outside with no readmittance to a concert she had been waiting to see for months.

Has anyone seen any info on this aspect? I am really surprised there are not more people that were at the concert that are speaking out about seeing Morgan, such as event staff etc. Usually people are always looking for their 15 minutes of fame, but I have heard VERY FEW stories from concert goers, event staff etc. about suspected sightings.

There were thousands of people at the concert, many of whom were most likely stumbling around and milling about the parking lot before and possibly during the concert. Why would Morgan draw more attention than these other people? Why did she have contact with numerous strangers who remember without a shadow of a doubt the details of their encounters with her. Why have several people reported seeing her in different areas at approximately the same time (around 9:30pm)?

Leads me to believe three scenarios are occurring: (1) many "eyewitnesses" are lying to get their moment in the spotlight; (2) the eyewitness accounts are a case of mistaken identity; and/or (3) Morgan was extremely wasted or injured, and those circumstances drew the attention of others.

Good morning y'all, just checking in....

It's been 7 DAYS now, no Morgan. ALSO, there is absolutely NO COVERAGE on Morgan's case on any major news outlet website at the moment. CNN, FOX, NY TIMES, WASH POST, MSNBC, PEOPLE mag...nothing.

I realllllly think LE needs to release some info/have a press conference--something at this point! Morgan is still missing and the farther away from the original event you get, the smaller the window becomes to actually find Morgan alive.

Anyway, was with friends last night filling them in on what we've theorized here, what info we do have etc. Everyone kept getting stuck on why there seems to be NO INFO on WHY MORGAN WOUND UP OUTSIDE.

One of my guy friends suggested that perhaps Morgan was asked to leave...he said perhaps she had been in an altercation with someone (maybe ran into a girl who was upset Morgan had been hanging out with her ex, maybe someone picking a fight with her because she was wearing a Pantera shirt, like an aggressive fan verbally attacking her and then escalating from there) or was caught doing something illegal (drinking out of a flask, in smoking area lighting a joint etc.) This would explain why she wound up outside the arena after telling her friends she was just going to bathroom and then somehow was outside with no readmittance to a concert she had been waiting to see for months.

Has anyone seen any info on this aspect? I am really surprised there are not more people that were at the concert that are speaking out about seeing Morgan, such as event staff etc. Usually people are always looking for their 15 minutes of fame, but I have heard VERY FEW stories from concert goers, event staff etc. about suspected sightings.

Good morning West :)

I've thought about that aspect too (that she was asked to leave) however, I would think that the security personnel who asked her to leave would have been interviewed by police (I read somewhere that they have interviewed a TON of staff, security, etc. that night) or would have came forward and said "yeah, I remember that girl...I kicked her out for ___" . Morgans outfit was distinctive. I doubt there were other girls there (fitting her description) wearing a Pantera shirt. I would think/hope there would be some witnesses or the person himself who kicked her out come forward and say she was asked to leave.

As far as the national media attention, Morgan was getting a lot of national media (SEVERAL outlets/shows were covering her story) up until about 1-2 days ago. I'm hoping and praying (like I'm sure most of us are) that her media coverage is not starting to die down. I'm with you- police need another presser.

Police don't seem to think the fighting rumours are true for some reason...http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local...etting_calls_in_morgan_harrington_case/57086/

"State Police could not confirm for us the woman actually called, because they don’t want to waste precious time in the investigation sorting through the numerous tips that have already been investigated. They did tell us they have no reason to believe Morgan was in a fight outside the arena.
Also, the FBI has joined the case. Investigators say the FBI offering help is typical in cases like this
."

The FBI joining the case can mean either good news or bad news. The good being, they have more manpower and resources to help find Morgan quickly. The bad being...the FBI is always called in on cases that involve crimes either committed or involving federal property. With the close proximity of the Shenandoah National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway... this could be bad news. I live about 15 minutes from one of the entrances to SNP... therefore I know that it is a primary "dumping ground" for criminals to leave their victims/evidence. This makes the crime a "federal crime" since it involves federal property. This often results in harsher punishments for the criminals convicted of these crimes.

I hope and pray that Morgan is found safe. However, re-iterating what other sleuths have posted: I have a bad feeling about this one.

I think the story about Morgan falling and hitting her nose near the curtains may align with the girl's story who saw Morgan outside in the smoking area looking like she'd been hit ....

Perhaps, she was headed to bathroom, fell, went to the bathroom cleaned up but still bruised went to the smoking area, became disroiented or felt sick and decided to leave the arena, called her friends to say she was outside.

Early in the coverage there was a report from a door attendant that she tried to re-enter at about 10:00.

One of the things that police have said is that the timeline should not be dwelled on ... does this mean that they have a correct timeline based on witness/phone logs ... or does this mean that the timeline is still so confused that they want to continue to collect all leads ...

We are having internet problems at home so I apologize for the delay in responding. I had to go to a coffee shop to get the pics uploaded.

The link to the pics is here: http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/tracynb/For%20Morgan/

I'm sure you will have questions. I did not edit them at all. I wanted you to see exactly what I did.

There were no posters, no searching and no indication at all that there was a missing girl. We stopped at numerous restaurants and gas stations and didn't see anything in the area. It seems like it isn't being publicized very much. Does that mean that the investigation has moved?

I think it means that UVA is trying to keep this low key so as not to make it seem like their campus isn't safe. IMO - it is all about the money. Cville's economy is based on the university and if it is an unsafe campus then there could be a decrease in enrollment and thus money in the area. Sad...but true IMO.

s_a_mom - Thanks for the pics ....

I think you are somewhat right that UVa would like to play down the disappearance so that it does not affect attendance at events at JPJ or project an image of a dangerous place to visit ...

I also think that the internet is now our bulletin board and that is a shame ... Morgan's face needs to be seen everywhere, we cannot depend on people to see it on-line ...

Of course this is only a thought, but is it possible that Morgan could have done some type of drug that night that she didn't fully understand and wandered off on her own? I mean as much as I hate to say it but with the way people describe her as acting is it possible that she did an accidental overdose?
I know that really doesn't explain her purse etc. but if she were that messed up couldn't she have just dropped it out of confusion?
I know this is probably not the case, but I thought it may be worth thinking about.

I think it means that UVA is trying to keep this low key so as not to make it seem like their campus isn't safe. IMO - it is all about the money. Cville's economy is based on the university and if it is an unsafe campus then there could be a decrease in enrollment and thus money in the area. Sad...but true IMO.

Hi I am following several cases online and I will like to jump in and add I worked both at concert venues and a college campus and both will go to great lengths to not publize anything that does NOT paint their campus/venue in the best light.
I cannot tell you how many things get swept under the carpet by a college.
During school open house and tours they want to recruit as many students as possible. Number one concern for worried parents is it it safe?
The college admissions will go to great lengths to lie.
I cannot speak for this particular college but I do know it does happen. The employees at my college told the employees to flat out lie.
Same with venues- if they had hired an under-the-table worker with no background check or without bonding the security team will tell the others to lie.
They are afraid if a crime happens on their grounds they will loose insurance or face fines or be closed.
A security company I worked for asked employees to lie if cops question you. They also would throw out drunk females without a ride or call a cab in the dark.
They did not want to be responsible for an od or a crime in their club.
Unfortunately, this happens way too frequently.
I wish money wasn't the motivator behind colleges and venues but it is.

The security surveillance tape should offer some clues.
I hope she is found safely soon.

Hi I am following several cases online and I will like to jump in and add I worked both at concert venues and a college campus and both will go to great lengths to not publize anything that does NOT paint their campus/venue in the best light.
I cannot tell you how many things get swept under the carpet by a college.
During school open house and tours they want to recruit as many students as possible. Number one concern for worried parents is it it safe?
The college admissions will go to great lengths to lie.
I cannot speak for this particular college but I do know it does happen. The employees at my college told the employees to flat out lie.
Same with venues- if they had hired an under-the-table worker with no background check or without bonding the security team will tell the others to lie.
They are afraid if a crime happens on their grounds they will loose insurance or face fines or be closed.
A security company I worked for asked employees to lie if cops question you. They also would throw out drunk females without a ride or call a cab in the dark.
They did not want to be responsible for an od or a crime in their club.
Unfortunately, this happens way too frequently.
I wish money wasn't the motivator behind colleges and venues but it is.

The security surveillance tape should offer some clues.
I hope she is found safely soon.

Hi x_files - Did you see a few posts back that nothing at all relevant to the case was found on the security tapes?

Hi x_files - Did you see a few posts back that nothing at all relevant to the case was found on the security tapes?

I did- but I was hoping the police just weren't tipping their hats quite yet.
One can always hope.
The cell phone records must offer more info as well- waiting to see if they'll release it yet.
It's starting to sound like an altercation happened in the parking lot away from the entrance due to the location of the purse. Now the motel is being looked into.
Does anyone know if there is surveillance cameras in the lot?

metallica added 50k to the reward money up to 150k now. hetfield (lead singer) called the father last night with support and gave video footage they had. nothing of substance yet found at motel

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569388,00.html?test=latestnews
Virginia State Police, acting on a reported sighting of a missing Virginia Tech student, shut down access to a motel in Charlottesville on Saturday, though the tip has yet to lead police to announce a break in the case.
She phoned her friends about 9:30 p.m. that night to tell them she was leaving. No one has seen or heard from her since.
I never realized that she told her friends she was leaving.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/65899922.html

(snip)
Police sources said they were concerned with a parking lot in front of the motel, right off 250, but not the building itself.
The investigation was centered on a blue pickup truck sitting in the parking lot. Police gave the scent from the truck's door handle to a bloodhound and had it sniff a wooded area adjacent to the motel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean