Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, no one has ever said where the car was parked and now we only have her father's mention where the purse was found.

Virginia LE plays it very close to the vest and I'm figuring that it will be months before they let more information dribble out. Too bad but even when the 29 stalker was preying on women they held back a lot of information ...

It may protect their future case but it does nothing to maximize the eyes of the public.

Welcome, SusieMom - what a great first post! It's obvious that you've spent alot of time trying to get inside a college student's mind...

As far as I know, no one has ever said where the car was parked and now we only have her father's mention where the purse was found.

Virginia LE plays it very close to the vest and I'm figuring that it will be months before they let more information dribble out. Too bad but even when the 29 stalker was preying on women they held back a lot of information ...

It may protect their future case but it does nothing to maximize the eyes of the public.

Exactly. Their priorities look to be case-building first, victim second. Rhetoric about jeapordizing the investigation has a place: It's behind finding the victim alive.
On a quixotically philosophical note, I'm not sure LE should even take the lead in these matters. An organization balancing recovery with need for criminal deterrence perhaps??

C6

I agree with SusieMom, who in her excellent first post (on page 8) said:

"I think LE should be looking between Charlottesville and Blacksburg.. and specifically looking for students or similar aged individuals from the Blacksburg (or maybe even Radford) area who may have been in C-ville, people she would have had a logical reason to be willing leave the arena area with."

--------------

I find it interesting that Morgan did not live on campus (despite her protective family) and therefore might have had more connnections in the Blacksburg community (e.g., riding the bus, grocery shoppping, etc.) than someone who did live on campus. MOO.

Also, I wonder if LE told Morgan's parents to stay in Roanoke (at their home) rather than staying in the Charlottesville-Blacksburg area where they could do some searching on their own, as many other victims' families do, with help from some search agencies.

Hi Susiemon. I two am new if you notice my number of posts. This story has captured my attention just like Natalie Holloway did. Both young beautiful women.

The only thing I was thinking as I read your very thought out posting was this. She had a phone and she was close with her parents. Her father a doctor. All she would have had to do was call him at home or on his cell. They would have gotten her in a flash.

Hey all,

Just checking in...about to sit down to a family dinner tonight, was thinking about Morgan and her family, wanted to see if there was anything new...and there's not.

I am very saddened/surprised/concerned that there seems to be:

1.) Very little press coverage on this...no updates, nothing. Since Thursday! I haven't seen anything substantial on local news (I'm about 1.5 hrs away from Cville), nothing on major news networks or newspapers. I'm hoping someone on here can correct me if I'm wrong.

2.) It's also a bit odd that Morgan's dad was giving interviews from their family home in Roanoke (readthehook.com). If my daughter went missing, I would have driven straight to Cville and would have set up shop right there in the parking lot. I don't think I would have left to drive home at this point...she's only been gone a week. I'd be canvassing Cville with family, volunteers--putting up posters, talking to students, sticking right with the LE etc. At very least I'd be cruising the highways nearby, doing ground searches etc. I'm sure Morgan's family is very upset and everyone has their own ways of coping with stressful situations....but frankly, if I was Morgan I would be disappointed that my friends and family weren't out there with flashlights at night, missing posters etc.

The cases that seem to get solved quickly are those that attract the most attention. Elizabeth Smart's dad was on the horn with the press etc., keeping her story in the headlines from the get-go--releasing info, giving interviews, putting out new pictures of her from diff. stages of her life. Somer's mom was all over the news-- giving interviews and getting the word out despite being an emotional train wreck. Where are Morgan's friends? Her brother? Her family? Even a family spokesperson? The more people that have details about what happened (like perhaps Morgan was wearing a pink jacket, for example) the more it might trigger memories/info that can lead to Morgan.

As a side note, I asked my sister who is a freshman at a university not more than an hour from UVA if she had heard about the case and she said "Morgan who?".

It doesn't seem fair to Morgan. :snooty::furious:

West,

I think as you do...check my post #205 about those very same issues. I don't understand why the parents are still in Roanoke and I don't understand why we have seen/heard nothing from her brother or any news about search organizations being called in.

The family had an interview on Geraldo that was very insiteful into the way they are handling this. They are devastaded but trying to remain strong for Morgan. They feel somebody took her and all they can hope for is that she is still alive.

If you go to the MySpace and put in Morgan Dana Harrington you will see the widespread support and how detailed they are in putting out flyers. This is a group on the move. God Bless them.

We went back to JPJ and took some pics of the RV lot. We are posting flyers now and will post pics when we get home

I find it interesting that Morgan did not live on campus (despite her protective family) and therefore might have had more connnections in the Blacksburg community (e.g., riding the bus, grocery shoppping, etc.) than someone who did live on campus. MOO.

There isn't much housing on campus for non-freshman, non-cadet students, most students live in off campus apartments. The town is so tiny to start with and most of the town nearest to campus is comprised of apartment complexes where the students live. It is an incredibly tight-knit place, moreso now, IMO, then before the shootings of a few years back. I really can't help but think that if she left willingly it wasn't with a complete stranger (nothing about her makes her seem *that* dumb to me) not even in the context of a college hook-up.. but I don't think she had to literally *know* the person either to feel safe... a fellow "hokie" would have been seen as friend not potential foe. MOO.

snipped:
I really can't help but think that if she left willingly it wasn't with a complete stranger (nothing about her makes her seem *that* dumb to me) not even in the context of a college hook-up.. but I don't think she had to literally *know* the person either to feel safe... a fellow "hokie" would have been seen as friend not potential foe. MOO.

I think you're right. Thanks.

What's weird for me (among many things) is if she looked forward to this concert for 6 months and got denied re-entry before she even heard note one from Metallica, if she didn't have cash or credit she coud call her parents to arrange for buying another ticket.

The concert supposedly wasn't sold out; Cant they take credit card numbers over the phone to pay for another ticket? Or if she didn't want a lecture, she could have called her brother.

Why didn't she want to go back in? or rather, at least why didn't she want to go back in enough to get another ticket?

This is why I have to wonder if the friends are telling the truth. And if this info about, "I"ll either get a ride or meet you at the car" (HER CAR?) if that were a text, LE could prove what was said right? Even if you delete texts, they can be retrieved, cant they?

moo

Finally home. We didn't have alot of luck with the flyers. Most places say no when we ask to post them. It didn't seem like many people knew much about Morgan being missing or if they had heard about the case they didn't know if she was still missing.

Today was a very enlightening day for me...more on that later. For now - here are the pics from today. Let me know if you need more details or have questions about them. I hope they are helpful.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/tracynb/For%20Morgan/

Was in Richmond over the weekend visiting family. Drove back thru Charlottesville today - all over Charlottesville... Didn't see any signs - despite stopping at a few places (and of course at stoplights/signs). Was just business as usual.

Finally home. We didn't have alot of luck with the flyers. Most places say no when we ask to post them. It didn't seem like many people knew much about Morgan being missing or if they had heard about the case they didn't know if she was still missing.

Today was a very enlightening day for me...more on that later. For now - here are the pics from today. Let me know if you need more details or have questions about them. I hope they are helpful.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/tracynb/For%20Morgan/

Thanks so much for all the work. The terrain is a lot creepier on foot than from a satellite photo; if she got over near the woods, I can see how she could disappear.

Pls enlighten and inform us on the day.....

C6

Help !!

WHO ALL WENT TO THE CONCERT WITH HER?

Do we know WHO went to the freakin concert? gah

And are there photos of these girls anywhere? i mean pix already made public like in the paper etc?

WHY DID SHE CHANGE SCHOOLS?
Also, how can we find out why she changed high schools in her senior year? It seems odd to me to change schools in the same area if it didn't involve a job or other type of neccesary move to a new home by the parents... to a different school zone. Did the family move and that's why she transferred?

tia
LURE TO BACKSTAGE?
Can anyone look at her myspace or facebook or whatever? Was she telling people about the concert?
Im pulling random straws out of left field here. Could someone online or otherwise hear about her concert plans (bc she was excited and told them about it) could someone online or otherwise have said,

"Hey i'll meet you there and get you backstage"

"Great; my two friends will be thrilled."

"Uh,, no i only have one pass...for you.. we have to go in the whatever door so meet me at so-n-so outside."

So can she tell her two friends, "Hey, im going back stage; but sorry. Sorry you guys; you cant go. Just me."

Some friends would be happy for the one with the great luck. Others would not be so happy. So maybe she is hesitant to tell them since they're not included and she just says she's locked out. But when she goes to wherever the lure-dude is taking her, it all goes horribly wrong?

WHY NOT ASK YOUR FRIENDS FOR THE KEYS TO YOUR OWN FREAKING CAR SO YOU CAN WAIT THERE or drive to a McDonalds etc?

WHY NOT BUY ANOTHER TICKET?
If she were that excited for 6 months....

WHY NOT CALL YOUR PARENTS OR BROTHER TO COME GET YOU?

DID SOMEONE INVITE HER AN RV OR CAMPUS APT?

Did someone cute and harmless-looking see her in the dark, cold, rainy night (with no coat?) ( * flash to shades of handsome, charming law student Ted Bundy) did some safe-looking, student-like dude invite her to his RV... or his apt?

IDK.

MOO

Thanks so much for all the work. The terrain is a lot creepier on foot than from a satellite photo; if she got over near the woods, I can see how she could disappear.

Pls enlighten and inform us on the day.....

C6
Thanks for the photos, SAM. (May I call you SAM?)

Yikes those night shots of the sort of rainy parking area give me the willies.

I'm wondering if the campus folks want this to just go away.. as well as local business owners?

The almighty $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

MOO

Do you think that there is a denial going on at UVa and Charlottesville, that if there are no signs, etc., that it never happened and they can go on believing that they live in a safe environment ... oh that was just because that heavy metal band was in town ... they're gone and have taken trouble with them ...

That's why I think that the Harringtons should be in Charlottesville, talking to every local TV station every day, to keep Morgan's face on TV. Reward posters should be everywhere.

We wouldn't even know about the purse if the minister hadn't mentioned it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper