Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
jmo,

"She drove from her school - VT (Blacksburg) - then to her parents home (Roanoke) - then to her friend's school - JMU (Harrisonburg) - then to the JPJ arena in Charlottesville"
I would want to go to my friends place I was going to a concert with. So this timeline of events doesn't sound odd to me.
her mom said she helped her pick out her outfit...short skirt,knee high boots...for a concert
metallica concert....
to me sounds like her parents do not think she sits at home reading the bible.
But IIRC she had her roommate, Amy, with them at the concert. So did Amy go to the parents' home? OR did Morgan go BACK to Blacksburg and pick up Amy? OR was Amy already at JMU? (So that leaves Morgan drivng the first leg of the trip to JMU alone? Not that that's a big deal; I just don't recall having that addressed - confirmed or denied.)

Just looking at the frequent contact with them. Maybe it was an expectation she didn't wish to fulfill anymore. Two very different lifestyles the brother in New York and the family. Such a contrast.

I get the sense that some people are assuming the Harrington's were very religious in a conservative way like Fundamentalist Christians, but the Unity Church is not like most Christian churches and is very Liberal in fact. There is no place in Unity for judgement of others, no hellfire & brimstone sermons, no Sin/devil drivel, it is really a very accepting church - of all religious beliefs, all lifestyle choices, all sexual preferences, and so forth.

Definitely not the type of religion one tries to escape from really.

That was very personal; Thanks for sharing that.

Another poster used the word "expectations" and that made me wonder... IDK... not that her parents demanded anything in an overt way, but could she have felt micro-managed somehow? Even if she weren't and that wasn't the case, could she have FELT that she was? Im not saying at all that that's why she is missing. I do not think that. I only mention it b/c I wonder if that maybe were part of her mind-set, could that have led or contriibuted to the choices she made that night? I didn't say that well.

Anyone?

I know what you mean... and yes, if this turns out to be a personal choice to drop off the face of the earth...then I would think it possible that everything just got to be too much for her...

That's the way it was for me

And yes, I think we have touched upon this subject once before - regarding the expectations - whether stated or unstated. Could have just been something that MH "knew"...that if she didn't toe the line in certain ways that certain things would be taken from her.

Her parents were obviously footing all of her bills - the rent & utilities (well at least 1/2 since I expect the roommate was paying her fair share), her clothing, her college tuition, food, entertainment, etc... So yeah, I'm sure she had certain expectations she had to live up to or forego certain aminities or be restricted in some other way.

But IIRC she had her roommate, Amy, with them at the concert. So did Amy go to the parents' home? OR did Morgan go BACK to Blacksburg and pick up Amy? OR was Amy already at JMU? (So that leaves Morgan drivng the first leg of the trip to JMU alone? Not that that's a big deal; I just don't recall having that addressed - confirmed or denied.)

Gotcha! I'm not sure if Amy was with her or if MH had to drive back to get her or if Amy drove herself down to meet MH in Roanoke...

I get the sense that some people are assuming the Harrington's were very religious in a conservative way like Fundamentalist Christians, but the Unity Church is not like most Christian churches and is very Liberal in fact. There is no place in Unity for judgement of others, no hellfire & brimstone sermons, no Sin/devil drivel, it is really a very accepting church - of all religious beliefs, all lifestyle choices, all sexual preferences, and so forth.

Definitely not the type of religion one tries to escape from really.

But if she did "escape"...it may not be religion that she was trying to "escape" from...

And I agree - the Unity Church is all about love and light and tolerance... No hellfire and brimstone!

But if she did "escape"...it may not be religion that she was trying to "escape" from...

And I agree - the Unity Church is all about love and light and tolerance... No hellfire and brimstone!

maybe the academic expectations more so than the lifestyle expectations?

maybe the academic expectations more so than the lifestyle expectations?

Maybe so...and maybe it was a combination of everything.

Some people just aren't cut out for college. My daughter went to a local University for a year and couldn't handle college life... She was not a party person and she said that was all these people did... So then we sent her to the local community college...turned out the partying University students didn't have anything to do with it...she just wasn't cut out for college.

I know what you mean... and yes, if this turns out to be a personal choice to drop off the face of the earth...then I would think it possible that everything just got to be too much for her...

That's the way it was for me

And yes, I think we have touched upon this subject once before - regarding the expectations - whether stated or unstated. Could have just been something that MH "knew"...that if she didn't toe the line in certain ways that certain things would be taken from her.

Her parents were obviously footing all of her bills - the rent & utilities (well at least 1/2 since I expect the roommate was paying her fair share), her clothing, her college tuition, food, entertainment, etc... So yeah, I'm sure she had certain expectations she had to live up to or forego certain aminities or be restricted in some other way.
yes, you said it better;

I cant get it out what Im trying to say; I hope she did run away, but that's not what I mean... sort of... really. I meant by the expectations, not that she ran away per se.. but that the expectations aspect ...could she have had something in mind and felt like she could nt' let that be known. I know what I mean but...

...like if she felt she had to not reveal something and that's what precipitated her acts or choices on that night, but then something unforeseen went horriby wrong.

Like... let's say, I live with a roommate that cant keep her yap shut. And certain things are "just not done" in my famlily. No one says overtly "do not do this" b/c it doesn't have to be said; YOU JUST KNOW> so if I really feel like I need to do... this thing or have... this relationship... or rendevous but I cant risk it at my apt.... IDK.

Ignore me. :)

I cant get it out what Im trying to say; I hope she did run away, but that's not what I mean... sort of... really. I meant by the expectations, not that she ran away per se.. but that the expectations aspect ...could she have had something in mind and felt like she could nt' let that be known. I know what I mean but...

...like if she felt she had to not reveal something and that's what precipitated her acts or choices on that night, but then something unforeseen went horriby wrong.

Like... let's say, I live with a roommate that cant keep her yap shut. And certain things are "just not done" in my famlily. No one says overtly "do not do this" b/c it doesn't have to be said; YOU JUST KNOW> so if I really feel like I need to do... this thing or have... this relationship... or rendevous but I cant risk it at my apt.... IDK.

Ignore me. :)

I think I got ya this time...

Like I was going to do something that just wasn't kosher and didn't want it to eventually get back to my parents kind of thing?

Yes, it doesnt have to be religion... not at all. just a, "We do things this way" sort of unsaid undercurrent.

I hope for her well being that she took off of her own free will and is alive and well somewhere.

Unfortunately, I don't feel that is the case. I don't know if she met with foul play or had an accident somewhere outside the arena and just hasn't been discovered yet - but I hope my feelings are wrong and she is happy and healthy somewhere.

I hope for her well being that she took off of her own free will and is alive and well somewhere.

Unfortunately, I don't feel that is the case. I don't know if she met with foul play or had an accident somewhere outside the arena and just hasn't been discovered yet - but I hope my feelings are wrong and she is happy and healthy somewhere.
Me too and if we were on like day one or maybe two, I'd even go with that. But I cant see her putting her family thru this for that many days. *sigh*

Morgan’s parents have made a statement that they did not monitor their daughter. That she was given her freedom and allowed to live on her own (something to that effect). I believe them.

Morgan’s parents have made a statement that they did not monitor their daughter. That she was given her freedom and allowed to live on her own (something to that effect). I believe them.

That could very well be - and that could be their perception - but may not have been MH's perception...

Kant said it well regarding the "undercurrent"...

Does anyone know of cases in which an adult woman is abducted and kept for days, weeks, longer and been found alive? I was even hoping for that scenario, but all I can recall are cases of children that that happened to. (Jaycee Duggard, Elizabeth Smart, Sean Hornbeck etc - all minors)

Me too and if we were on like day one or maybe two, I'd even go with that. But I cant see her putting her family thru this for that many days. *sigh*

I don't believe there's anyway that she ran away either, she doesn't appear to be the type of person who would put her family thru something like this.

For those that think there is nothing to this line of conversation (runaway) - it may be - but all possibilities have to be considered.

Does anyone know of cases in which an adult woman is abducted and kept for days, weeks, longer and been found alive? I was even hoping for that scenario, but all I can recall are cases of children that that happened to. (Jaycee Duggard, Elizabeth Smart, Sean Hornbeck etc - all minors)

Does Patty Hearst count?

Let's hope there isn't a serial predator out there. :(

Kind of makes one wonder with all of the abductions that have gone on in recent months all up and down the East coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member