Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi..
reading the blog "the hook"
it says, back on Oct 30 , that she "left her friends to go to the bathroom"

finally...

why hasn't this been put out there (if indeed it is true?)

while I realize that LE may want to keep some things private, this case seems to be an excessive amount of "privacy" that I don't see how it helps..(ie, the necklace..why hold back that info so long?)

We don't know. Could be a trick. Maybe they know for a fact that she was not actually wearing it. Might not someone remove any expensive jewelery if they were to find themselves in a rough crowd? Say the VSP found the necklace in the pocketbook/backpack & they just need to filter out all the crazies who just want their 15 minutes.

I really wonder if the "friends" have lawyered up or??

It would be the wise thing to do, actually. Even though the girls did not plot to murder Morgan, they could get slapped with a lawsuit for :confused: depraved indifference? (http://definitions.uslegal.com/d/depraved-indifference/) --- not that such a suit wouldn't be totally frivolous. After all, they weren't loco parentis for MH, but they should protect themselves.

Just so much weird and conflicting stuff here

I also wonder...where are the bathrooms?? did her friends see the "chin injury"?

how does a 20 year old fall on their chin anyhow?? wouldn't they throw out their hands, and have injury to hands/arms?? how do you do a facefall like that (unless impaired??)

The VSP said that the injury does not seem serious enough to have been the result of an assault; but yet an assault does not have to be a hard punch to the face, but could possibly mean only a slight slap which causes no real physical harm.

Link: http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...tips-flood-in-but-still-no-morgan-harrington/

“It was a minor injury,” says Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller. She explains that police chose initially not to release the detail because the injury was “consistent with what someone would suffer from slipping and falling, not with any kind of assault.”

Speculation: Maybe some other girl scratched MH's face with her finger nails; so police are backing her up as not guilty of assault, in a bargain for testimony. But we really don't know.

what...oh what..did she say on the phone?? didn't they ask why she left?

I really REALLY hope they are doing a better job "behind the scenes" than what we are seeing here...cause honestly this seems to be a real screw up IMHO

Something about the case may have spelled "runaway," and typically police are reluctant to pursue a person who has just decided to split.

It is sad to think we're at the point were interest wains and the case drops out of the public eye. I find it surprising that the relatively high reward has not resulted in Morgan being located by now. I might not turn a buddy in for a few bucks but $150k is a game changer for most folks. I'll be thinking of Morgan when I'm at JPJ in a week or so for Phish, I'll be sure to keep a tight grip on my wife.

I agree, the only thing LE could do to help it from dropping is release some interesting info for us.
Have her friends lawyered up? We've not heard hardly a peep or two from them about this. Usually if someone is missing, their friends will be making public pleas for them to be found and come home. We don't see her friends doing that, which is very strange. They have hidden themselves under some shroud of secrecy.
If i had went to a concert and my friend went to the bathroom and never returned, my guilt ridden self would be next to her parents pleaing for her safe return to the media.
Her friends actually act guilty, imo.

Does anyone know where i can find a picture of Dee? I want to see how much her and Morgan may look alike, as it is said they do.

$150,000 is a huge amount, unless the perp(s) are already rich so it doesn't phaze them or compare to not having their freedoms. Most people would drop a dime for that money, imo.

If this reporter really did speak with Snead, she appears to have lied to him for some reason..

"Another discrepancy between what police and the family seem to know revolves around the vehicle that transported the young woman and three other concert-goers to Charlottesville."
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...tips-flood-in-but-still-no-morgan-harrington/

What would be reasons that Snead might lie about the number of people being 3, when it was really 4? :waitasec:

I think you misread this. Snead did say that 4 people went (the reporter said 'the young woman and 3 others' meaning Morgan Harrington and 3 others, so this does equal 4). The reporter just used confusing language in that "the young woman" could have been interpreted to be MH or Sarah Snead.

It is sad to think we're at the point were interest wains and the case drops out of the public eye. I find it surprising that the relatively high reward has not resulted in Morgan being located by now. I might not turn a buddy in for a few bucks but $150k is a game changer for most folks. I'll be thinking of Morgan when I'm at JPJ in a week or so for Phish, I'll be sure to keep a tight grip on my wife.

What good is $150K if you end up doing 5 years in the slammer? Or if something really bad happens to you or your family in retaliation? We don't know what happened really, and we don't know who thinks who is responsible.

Must say that a lot of weird things seem to happen at VTech from the Cho massacre to the recent murders of Virginia Tech sophomores Heidi Childs and David Metzler: [http://www2.newsadvance.com/lna/news/local/article/leads_elusive_in_slain_teens_case/19161/]

does anyone have anymore info on lamb of god pulling out of the concert soon after this concert?
i find it odd they have not made statements or showed report, i believe they are from virginia.

does anyone have anymore info on lamb of god pulling out of the concert soon after this concert?
i find it odd they have not made statements or showed report, i believe they are from virginia.

I always thought that they were only scheduled for a part of the tour. Did they play fewer shows than originally planned?

Why is it that Morgan’s friend drove Morgan’s car back to the Harrington’s home? I understand it was because Morgan’s parents were understandably distraught. However, had LE been notified that Morgan was missing then? It would have been a good idea for LE to check over the vehicle first. Why wasn’t the vehicle ever impounded?

I truly believe that for the first two to four days everybody expected Morgan to appear. I too wondered about the friend returning the car so fast. The car was in Harrisburg and that is probably where they would expect her to return after her "weekend". I think the car might have been taken to the Harringtons home so they could..talk with Morgan when she came to get her car about where she had been, how worried they were.

Lamb Of God Tour Dates

Friday August 14, 2009
Lamb Of God will be back on the road in September. They will be combining 25 support shows with Metallica with 25 headline shows with special guests Gwar and Job For A Cowboy. The tour will end at Madison Square Garden on November 15th. This will be Lamb of God's third tour with Metallica after a 3 week run last December in the US and a 7 week tour throughout Europe this summer. Their latest CD Wrath was released in February.
Lamb Of God 2009 Tour Dates:
Sep-14 Nashville, TN-Sommet Center
Sep-15 Cincinnati, OH-US Bank Arena
Sep-16 Memphis, TN-Minglewood Theater
Sep-17 Indianapolis, IN-Conseco Fieldhouse
Sep-19 Montreal, QC-Bell Center
Sep-20 Montreal, QC-Bell Center
Sep-21 Providence, RI-Lupos at the Strand
Sep-22 Montclair, NJ-Welmont Theater
Sep-23 Pittsburgh, PA-Amphitheater at Station Square
Sep-25 Oklahoma City, OK-Bricktown Events Center
Sep-26 Lubbock, TX-Lonestar Amphitheater
Sep-27 Austin, TX-Austin Music Hall
Sep-28 San Antonio, TX-AT&T Center
Sep-29 Dallas, TX-American Airlines Center
Oct-01 Ft. Lauderdale, FL-Bank Atlantic Center
Oct-02 Jacksonville, FL-Plush
Oct-03 Tampa, FL-St. Pete Times Forum
Oct-04 Atlanta, GA-Philips Arena
Oct-05 Orlando, FL-Hard Rock
Oct-07 Little Rock, AR-Clear Channel Metroplex
Oct-08 Wichita, KS-Cottilion
Oct-09 Des Moines, IA-Val Air Ballroom
Oct-10 Fargo, ND-Playmakers Pavilion
Oct-12 Winnipeg, MB-MTS Centre
Oct-13 Minneapolis, MN-Target Center
Oct-15 Cleveland, OH-Quicken Loans Arena
Oct-16 Knoxville, TX-Valarium
Oct-17 Charlottesville, VA-JPJ Arena
Oct-18 Charlotte, NC-Charlotte Bobcats Arena
Oct-20 Norfolk, VA-Norva
Oct-21 Raleigh, NC-Disco Rodeo
Oct-23 Atlantic City, NJ-House of Blues
Oct-24 Big Flats, NY-TAGGS
Oct-25 London, ON-JLC
Oct-26 Toronto, ON-Air Canada Centre
Oct-27 Toronto, ON-Air Canada Centre
Oct-29 Moncton, NB-Coliseum Hall C
Oct-30 Halifax, NS- Cunard Centre
Oct-31 Quebec City, QC-Colisee Pepsi
Nov-01 Quebec City, QC-Colisee Pepsi
Nov-03 Ottawa, ON-Scotiabank Place
Nov-05 Ft. Wayne, IN-Pierres
Nov-06 Milwaukee, WI-Eagles Ballroom
Nov-07 Springfield, MO-Shrine Mosque
Nov-09 Grand Rapids, MI-Van Andel Arena
Nov-10 Buffalo, NY-HSBC Arena
Nov-11 Washington DC-9:30 Club
Nov-12 Albany, NY-Times Union Center
Nov-14 New York, NY-Madison Square Garden
Nov-15 New York, NY-Madison Square Garden
BBM
http://heavymetal.about.com/b/2009/08/14/lamb-of-god-tour-dates.htm

Lamb of God is an American heavy metal band from Richmond, Virginia, formed in 1994. The band was originally known as Burn the Priest, but changed their name shortly after the release of their self-titled debut album in 1998.[2] Lamb of God consists of vocalist Randy Blythe, guitarists Mark Morton and Willie Adler, bassist John Campbell, and drummer Chris Adler and is a member of the New Wave of American Heavy Metal.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb_of_God_(band)

Um, losers?

World Magnetic Tour - 2009 Schedule (click here for previous shows)

• September 14 Nashville, TN - Sommet Center
    • Limited Availability (ticket availability subject to change); Ticketing site: www.ticketmaster.com
    • Met Club presale begins on April 1 at 10am local time and ends April 2 at 10pm local time. The presale has ended.
    • Opening acts: Lamb of God & Gojira
  • September 15 Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena
    • Tickets are now available via www.ticketmaster.com
    • Met Club presale begins on April 1 at 10am local time and ends April 2 at 10pm local time. The presale has ended.
  • September 17 Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse
    • Met Club presale begins on April 8 at 10am local time and ends April 9 at 10pm local time. The presale has ended.
  • September 19 & 20 Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
    • Tickets for both shows are sold out (ticket availability subject to change); Ticketing site: www.geg.ca
    • Met Club presale for the 9/19 show begins on April 1 at 10am local time and ends April 2 at 10pm local time. The presale has ended.
  • September 28 San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
    • Tickets are sold out (ticket availability subject to change); Ticketing site: www.ticketmaster.com
  • September 29 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
    • Tickets are sold out (ticket availability subject to change); Ticketing site: www.ticketmaster.com
  • October 1 Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Bank Atlantic Center
  • October 3 Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
    • Limited Availability (ticket availability subject to change); Ticketing site: www.ticketmaster.com
  • October 4 Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
  • October 12 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
    • Tickets are sold out (ticket availability subject to change); Ticketing site: www.ticketmaster.ca
  • October 13 Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
  • October 15 Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
  • October 17 Charlottesville, VA - JPJ Arena
    • Tickets are now available via http://jpj.portals.musictoday.com/onsale
    • Met Club presale begins on April 8 at 10am local time and ends April 9 at 10pm local time. The presale has ended.
  • October 18 Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
  • October 26 & 27 Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
    • Tickets for both shows are sold out (ticket availibility subject to change); Ticketing site: www.ticketmaster.ca
    • Met Club presale for the 10/26 show begins on April 1 at 10am local time and ends April 2 at 10pm local time. The presale has ended.
    • Opening acts: Lamb of God & Volbeat
  • October 29 November 3 Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
    • Tickets are sold out (ticket availability subject to change); Ticketing site: www.capitaltickets.ca
    • Tickets for October 29 will be honored on November 3
    • Date has been changed due to a scheduling conflict and all refunds will be issued at place of purchase
    • Everyone who attends the November 3 show will receive a voucher for a free MP3 download of the show, redeemable via www.livemetallica.com.
  • October 30 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
    • This is part of a two night series of concerts that will benefit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation
    • For more information about this special event, please visit www.rockhall25.com
    • Other acts performing include U2, Eric Clapton, and Aretha Franklin
  • October 31 & November 1 Quebec City, QC - Colisee Pepsi
    • Tickets are sold out (ticket availability subject to change); Ticketing site: www.ticketmaster.ca
    • Met Club presale for the 10/31 show begins on April 1 at 10am local time and ends April 2 at 10pm local time. The presale has ended.
  • November 9 Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
  • November 10 Buffalo, NY - HSBC Arena
    • Tickets are now available via www.tickets.com
  • November 12 Albany, NY - Times Union Center
    • Tickets are now available via www.tickets.com
  • November 14 & 15 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
    • Tickets for both shows are sold out (ticket availability subject to change); Ticketing site: www.ticketmaster.com
    • Please note that the floor (or general admission) section has completely sold out during the Met Club presale for the 11/14 show.
    • Met Clubbers should check www.metclub.com for 11/15 tickets that have been held just for you. Met Club tickets will be available starting Monday, April 13 at 10am EDT (7am Pacific time) and will run out by April 14 at 10pm EDT. The Met Club sale has ended.
  • December 5 Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay
    • Opening acts: Machine Head & Volbeat
  • December 7 Boise, ID - Idaho Center
    • Tickets are now available via www.ictickets.com
  • December 8 Sacramento, CA - ARCO Arena
  • December 10 Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
  • December 12 San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
http://www.metallica.com/page.asp?id=600022

That's why it makes no sense why Morgan ended up outside of the arena by herself. Why would "sisters"/good friends let her just hang like that?

Perhaps when Morgan went to school she made new friends. It was her father that planned this outing for Morgan and the friends by purchasing the tickets. I think the parents were more thrilled with this "reunion" concert plan.

Perhaps Morgans heart and mind were someplace else.

I remember my daughter and a group of her friends that I would have described as "tight". They went to gradeschool together, played sports together, went to proms in groups. Years later she told me things that amazed me about those same friends. I just didn't know everything that went on in my daughters life. I don't think most mothers do. We may think we do..

If this scenario were true.. it might explain the battery out of the phone. They might take the battery out to avoid pings when in a certain location.. put it back in when convenient... remove it when convenient...
I'm not sure, but I too wonder if she made it there.

OK. So let's pretend that Morgan never made it to the concert. Let's say she and her roommate picked up (I think it was Sara?) Sara and the guy but somehow something really bad happened. Drugs, alcohol poisoning, mixing of drugs and alcohol? She accidentally dies. Friends freak out cause they too did drugs and decide to dispose of the body. What to do next? Drive to the concert to have an alibi and pretend that Morgan was with them. Scan their tix, leave the venue and one of them uses Morgans cell to call the friends cell to establish another alibi. They also text other people using Morgans cell again to establish other alibis. They dispose or keep Morgans camera cause it has pics of beginning of the day but not the rest of the night cause Morgans dead. They also discard or keep the phones battery cause they think the pics and other info are stored in the battery. Then they leave the purse in a nearby area, go to their car and pretend to wait for Morgan. They meet up with Dee's group and tell them they are "missing" one of their group. Then they leave after a while and drive Morgan's car back. They never call Morgans dad cause either they think its a good idea to pretend Morgans fine and took a ride home from the concert, or they do not want to show guilt through phone call conversation with her parents and seem suspicious.

This is just a crazy idea but I find it weird that the friends have given conflicting stories to the media and didnt seem interested in helping LE at the beginning of the investigation. At least thats whats said at the first tv conference.

Also, if they r covering something I do think that they would pretend to help in the searches, etc. Another weird thing is their stopping using FB after what happened. They could at least have put up Morgans missing flyer as their profile and not write anything else after that if they did not feel like it.

This is just my alternate scenario.

I truly believe that for the first two to four days everybody expected Morgan to appear. I too wondered about the friend returning the car so fast. The car was in Harrisburg and that is probably where they would expect her to return after her "weekend". I think the car might have been taken to the Harringtons home so they could..talk with Morgan when she came to get her car about where she had been, how worried they were.

That is precisely what hurt the investigation from day one. LE probably thought she would return home in a few days.

I don’t have a daughter so I can only speak from my own experiences. My friends and me were probably more involved in mischief than Morgan ever was involved in and I can tell you my friends would have never left me stranded. We hung out in groups and when there were fights we still watched out for each other. Something is just not right here.

I don’t have a daughter so I can only speak from my own experiences. My friends and me were probably more involved in mischief than Morgan ever was involved in and I can tell you my friends would have never left me stranded. We hung out in groups and when there were fights we still watched out for each other. Something is just not right here.

I agree with you completely, the same goes for our "group" back in the day. We always went to the bathroom together (at the least in pairs) at any show we went to. It's so much safer, no one would have considered letting a girlfriend go alone, these venues are huge, not only sometimes is it hard to find the way back to one's seat or the rest of the group, there's a ton of people milling around you, drunk guys hitting on you, etc.

Maybe they grew apart during their seperated college years, i don't know; Morgan shared an apartment with Amy. If they were living together you'd think they would stay close friends, however you never know. While they could have been like sisters in high school, they could have grew more towards just acquaintance roommates in college. Things do change, people change, best friends grow up and become strangers..

Even so, if they were all such good friends "the 9" you would think they would do just about anything for eachother, and would have looked out for Morgan. Maybe they'd do anything to save themselves while sacrificing Morgan, i don't know.. it all very odd. I can't imagine just agreeing to let your best friend say they'll find a way to get home later while home is a couple hours away and you have their car keys and car. Even if her car wasn't there, and they took someone else's the same reasoning still applies. How did they think Morgan was going to find a ride home later that night?
She tells them she was couldn't get into the arena and i guess the most they could do is just suggest what entrances she could try to sneak back in. Not even bother to toss her the keys from one of those entrances if they knew the place that well..
Doesn't sound like best friends to me..imo

A lot of kids do keep things from their parents at that age, it's possible that Morgan was very open with her parents, maybe she didn't tell them everything as she didn't want them to worry to much..
It does sound like the concert was a big deal to Morgan and her family, whether it was to reunite some of the 9, or just that Morgan really wanted to go to see the show.

What i don't understand is why the 9 are described as being such a close knit, tight group of girls like sisters and we hardly see any of those "sisters" pleaing for the return of one of their own.

It's strange that the stopped using FB after Morgan's disappearance as someone mentioned, it's also strange they are not pleaing for Morgan's safe return from the start. They almost incriminate themselves by what they aren't saying or doing. Maybe they are under a lawyer's advice and following. If LE has any doubt about Morgan's so called "friends" you can bet all their cell phone and computer usage is monitored. A lawyer would recommend that they say as little as possible to avoid hanging themselves later on, and that is surely what it seems they are doing, imo. I have no idea how far involved her friends are in this case, whether they've told a little white lie, to commited a crime, however their lack of actions and words are baffling..

Just thinking aloud..

wow i was just checking on judi and her sources and all i can say is wow! some sites will do anything for $$$. i have to agree with a poster earlier, some sites are really as bad as inquirer on the net. talk about destroying peoples lives based on nothing

Thank you
If there are pictures of Dee, there has to be pictures of Morgan at the concert.

I don't know if I'd agree with that based mostly on the fact that we know Morgan didn't make it through the whole concert, whereas presumably Dee did. There would have been fewer people in the arena before Metallica came on (lots of people go to shows just for the main band or hang out by the bar or merch stands, or wait around to meet up with other people) and probably less interest in taking pictures of the openers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member