Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ghost: I was thinking the same thing, then I thought...there must be two deputies.:ghost:

I think the remains were moved by the coroner and the deputies were preserving "evidence" til break of day.

Not to get too goorie here but wouldn't that attract the buzzards that would attract the people???

I'd think so. I live out in the country a bit north of Roanoke and near both I81 and HWY 11 - and any dead animal of any size on the road and there are at least half dozen buzzards circling above.

NO head???My God in Heaven,did they want to take away identifying the body through dental and such?If they did,they're not smart,body could still be identified.But,if this is not the reason,this is much more sinister killer,shock value,fear for the community,intimidating LE,something. I think if they were doing it so body couldn't be identified,they would have taken clothes,also.

How in the heck do they know what she was wearing. No video, no camera shots. She made three stops after leaving her parents home with the black outfit on...a girl can change her mind.

and what about the clothes she was trying on for her mom that day, maybe they were still in her car and she changed after leaving Mom & Dad's? I don't know how that meshes with what her friends have or have not told police as all that info is so hush hush.

NO head???My God in Heaven,did they want to take away identifying the body through dental and such?If they did,they're not smart,body could still be identified.But,if this is not the reason,this is much more sinister killing,shock value,fear for the community,intimidating LE,something. I think if they were doing it so body couldn't be identified,they would have taken clothes,also.

Winterrose, i couldn't agree with you more.. shock value probably, unless animals seperated the head from the body, supposedly it's just bones now.. i thought maybe they would seperate the head from the body at first to prevent identification quicker, however if they had the knowledge to do that, then they'd have to remove all the fingerprints on the victim as well.. maybe shock value or animals moved it..?

I started a thread in the Unidentifed section for this victim doe.

Lynchburg College student? Anybody know anything about this missing student/girl?

A name, when she went missing..a link?

Winterrose, i couldn't agree with you more.. shock value probably, unless animals seperated the head from the body, supposedly it's just bones now.. i thought maybe they would seperate the head from the body at first to prevent identification quicker, however if they had the knowledge to do that, then they'd have to remove all the fingerprints on the victim as well.. maybe shock value or animals moved it..?

I started a thread in the Unidentifed section for this victim doe.

Oh,then it is more decomposed than I thought,I believe the missing woman's pic from Lynchburg was missing about a week or so more than Morgan.But,what was the date on the missing Lynchburg student?

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11589283

Not sure if this has been posted,probably has,but will post it for someone coming on at the last page here.
The remains were found Sunday afternoon, about 100 yards off Camp Hydaway Road.

That's just south of Candlers Mountain just minutes from the city of Lynchburg.
"It appears to have been there for several months or somewhere in that time frame," says Campbell County Sheriff Terry Gaddy.

Sheriff Terry Gaddy says the body was so badly decomposed, there was nothing left, but bones and a pair of jeans around the legs.

Sunday night, it was an Liberty University student who made the discovery.

"An individual who lives in this area was up here hiking and found several articles of clothing," says Gaddy.

Those items led him to the body.

"He got to looking around on both sides of the road and found a skull." says Gaddy.

Morgan...Cassandra Morton....and yet another coed missing??

why haven't the LE put out more info about all 3 of them?? wouldn't that get more attention?? why no info on Cassandra and/or the other gal??

Whoever this body is, some family will grieve...some young woman lost her life in a horrible way...all very sad

I would think they would at least be asking questions about all three missing women

anyone have more info on the other missing college gal?>? thanks

23-year-old Cassandra Ann Morton was last seen Saturday October 10th in the Park Avenue area downtown.Why isn't there more information on what she was wearing or anything,did the family wait a month to report her missing?

Is she the only Lynchburg student,I thought we've heard there were two women besides Morgan and Morgan went missing right after Cassandra,October 17th,hm.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11589283

Not sure if this has been posted,probably has,but will post it for someone coming on at the last page here.
The remains were found Sunday afternoon, about 100 yards off Camp Hydaway Road.

That's just south of Candlers Mountain just minutes from the city of Lynchburg.
"It appears to have been there for several months or somewhere in that time frame," says Campbell County Sheriff Terry Gaddy.

Sheriff Terry Gaddy says the body was so badly decomposed, there was nothing left, but bones and a pair of jeans around the legs.

Sunday night, it was an Liberty University student who made the discovery.

"An individual who lives in this area was up here hiking and found several articles of clothing," says Gaddy.

Those items led him to the body.

"He got to looking around on both sides of the road and found a skull." says Gaddy.

Probably is not Morgan, most likely they know that its been there awhile, I looked on the calendar, I think its only been 40 days since Morgan was missing. I doubt in that short of time everything could decompose that fast. I do know it's not that uncommon to see buzzards swarming up in the mountains, it could be an animal or something like that to cause them to swarm. I don't think it's her, they have been negative about it being her. You gotta remember these guys see this stuff all the time.

Morgan...Cassandra Morton....and yet another coed missing??

why haven't the LE put out more info about all 3 of them?? wouldn't that get more attention?? why no info on Cassandra and/or the other gal??

Whoever this body is, some family will grieve...some young woman lost her life in a horrible way...all very sad

I would think they would at least be asking questions about all three missing women

anyone have more info on the other missing college gal?>? thanks

I have no idea who the other college person is. And, I could only find limited info on Cassandra. All I found was..
-Cassandra Morton is 23 years old and has been missing since Saturday October 10th.
-She was last seen in the Park Avenue area of downtown.
-Her family and friends are concerned because she always made regular contact with them.
-She's a black female weighing 125lbs and is 5'6"

I'm going to start another thread for her, if that's ok.

I have no idea who the other college person is. And, I could only find limited info on Cassandra. All I found was..
-Cassandra Morton is 23 years old and has been missing since Saturday October 10th.
-She was last seen in the Park Avenue area of downtown.
-Her family and friends are concerned because she always made regular contact with them.
-She's a black female weighing 125lbs and is 5'6"

I'm going to start another thread for her, if that's ok.

I'll see if there's anything on the social networks on her.

Okay,wierd has Cassandra been found or family logged into her a/c?

Cassie
Cassie Female
26 years old
lynchburg, Virginia
United States

Last Login: 11/24/2009
Mood: busy Mood Image

Looked up her name without the middle name,looks just like her,really pretty.

They have her as 26.

I'll see if there's anything on the social networks on her.

I found a Myspace for her. The last login was 11/24/09. I'm not sure if that means she's actually logged in, or someone else, but it was accessed then.

Okay,wierd has Cassandra been found or family logged into her a/c?

Cassie
Cassie Female
26 years old
lynchburg, Virginia
United States

Last Login: 11/24/2009
Mood: busy Mood Image

Looked up her name without the middle name,looks just like her,really pretty.

They have her as 26.

I'll email the Lynchburg PD and see if they've closed her case, or if she's still listed as missing.

I'll email the Lynchburg PD and see if they've closed her case, or if she's still listed as missing.

Yeah,because you would think if she was missing,and someone has went into her a/c since,they'd make it a Find Cassandra site,instead it's still private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme