Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty familiar with the 2 cities. Lived in VA 18 years... first in Chesapeake, then in Richmond. Charlottesville about 1 1/2 - 2 hours west of Richmond and Chesapeake 1 1/2 - 2 hrs east, so the 2 cities are roughly 3 1/2 - 4 hours apart. The cities are also very different -- something I think is worth taking into consideration.

Ones a mountainous area and the other is by the beach.

yeah, do you know which chesapeak she is from? i looked at both on mapquest but dont know which it is....

yeah, do you know which chesapeak she is from? i looked at both on mapquest but dont know which it is....

As far as I know there is only one Chesapeake. The mall they mention, Chesapeake Square Mall, I actually got lost in when I was about 3 years old.

You know all these questions about her purse brings me back to one thing. I remember as a teen or very young adult going to clubs and getting way too drunk and there were times that I lost very valuable things in the midst of my drunkenness. Things that if I were sober I would have guarded with my life.... ex. my purse, my cell phone, my very expensive cardigan sweater and once a 50 dollar bill. The point I'm trying to make is when intoxicated nothing seems as important or as valuable to you until you're sober.
I'm not implying that MH was indeed drunk because there could def. be other reasons in this situation for her purse being found where it was, but there are tons of things to take into consideration here.
edited to say: after reading this...http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...fore-hitching-morgan-harrington-caused-worry/ ....and all of the other stories about Morgans demeanor that night I can't help but think she was drunk. I mean I'm pretty sure that ALL of these people aren't just making all of it up. I also think that maybe Morgan went outside because she fell and was bleeding and was embarrassed at the fact. Intoxication can also make emotions rage on different levels, not to mention maybe it was at that point that she decided she no longer was feeling excited about Metallica and wanted to go home or she didn't even give that fact of being able to reenter a second thought due to intoxication and when she tried she was denied and it made her angry.

re: yesterday's search in the I-64 median -- it seemed weird that they would be searching there instead of beside the road. But something thrown out the driver's window would land in the median, not the right of way, especially if the car was in the left-hand lane. Say, if the driver snatched something out of the passenger's hand and threw it away.

Re: the purse. I agree that it could have been rummaged through and relocated, or that she could have lost it in an intoxicated state. From a girlie perspective, I do not think she would have left it with someone for a few minutes. I can see leaving it locked in a friend's apartment, perhaps, but not a "here, hold this a sec." There's a certain "security blanket" aspect to a girl's purse. Just my .02!

hi all, there is another missing girl in va, chesapeek va i dont know how far this is from morgan...this is a 19yr old girl i will leave the link...dont know if it could have anything to do with this??? so many missing around here...

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/Chesapeake-teen-missing

eta

looks like 3hrs away - prolly nothing related...

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/Chesapeake-teen-missing

"If she didn't call us, she would have called someone. She has a great network through church, through school and the people she's been friends with for a while - and none of them have heard from her," Leon Glover told WAVY.com.

Her father doesn't mention any coworkers or people from work in the mall, though. Maybe she was new on the job? Or disliked the job intensely? Was it stressful enough that she might want to run away?

He and his wife are in distress, believing the answers to find their daughter may be connected to strange phone calls they received a few days ago. They say a young woman who described herself as Courtney's friend called several times in one day. While the Glovers do not know the caller, they continued to speak with her in case she could help them find Courtney.

"She just kept saying this is not like Courtney, Courtney would have called me," Carren told WAVY.com. Then, she described the final call as shocking. "The last particular call that day she said, "Miss Glover, I think Courtney is dead." Of course I lost my mind. I'm just being honest. I just kept saying, why would you tell me my daughter is dead? Why?" The Glovers don't know why the caller made those comments.

The way these details are set up, the reader is given the impression that the caller is threatening or bad-intentioned. Yet, the way caller says "Courtney would have called me" conveys that the caller felt that she was close friend of their daughter; but the parents didn't know who she was?

Also, to take the quote verbatim, the caller only said that she "thinks that Courtney is dead," not that Courtney is actually dead, but the mother seems to react with fear and anger at the caller. My guess would be that the caller is maybe an acquaintance from high school who is upset over some bad rumors.

Hopefully, the caller is wrong, but contacting Courtney's parents was definitely the right thing to do. We hope that concerned friends are talking to Morgan's parents or LE about anything that they may have heard.

The car Courtney was driving, a Black 1999 Pontiac Grand Am is also missing. It has a Virginia License plate number XPY-5487.

Possibly a car theft gone wrong? Or a carjacking?

This disappearance does not seem to be related directly to Morgan's case, but perhaps we should consider the feelings of the caller who was trying to help, but who falls under suspicion --- not just privately among certain people of Courtney's circle, but publicly in the local media. Her name is not given, but she may still feel exposed. Also, if the possible perps guess who she is, she could fall victim to retaliation.

If she was running from a threat...

Why run in the direction of darkness, towards the unknown, and not back towards the JPJ arena?

The feeling of being followed or threatened may have occurred after she left the RV lot where she spoke to the three BB players. (Had she felt threatened before that point in time, we can assume that she would have mentioned this fact to the BB players, and asked them for help. Whomever was threatening her would be considered a suspect). Perhaps the bridge or the area over the bridge seemed well-lit from the RV lot.

re: yesterday's search in the I-64 median -- it seemed weird that they would be searching there instead of beside the road. But something thrown out the driver's window would land in the median, not the right of way, especially if the car was in the left-hand lane. Say, if the driver snatched something out of the passenger's hand and threw it away.

Or he pulled an illegal U-turn?

My guess would be that they got a tip reporting a car stopped or perhaps someone hitchhiking there on the night of the disappearance.

Or he pulled an illegal U-turn?

Good thought. And Googlemaps seems to show one of those cop turnarounds within that mile range. It's just to the west of the exit, which is 114.

I totally agree with MB lover about the location of the purse MAYBE not meaning SO much because it easily could have been picked up by anyone the night of the 17th or the next morning.Picture somebody seeing a purse on the ground,picking it up checking it for valuables as they walk along then throwing it down. quite a ways from where it was picked up.There were lots of folks there walking.Somebody could have even "stolen" the phone battery out of that purse!

Wonder if cash or something else valuable were found still inside the pocketbook. Would also be interesting to know when the cell actually went dead. Her companions and other associates were probably texting her past 9:30 pm.

How did the other girls get home from the concert if her car is still missing? Sorry, I should do my homework and read from the beginning of this case, but I'm hoping someone will allow me a cheat and respond to my question.... TIA

How did the other girls get home from the concert if her car is still missing? Sorry, I should do my homework and read from the beginning of this case, but I'm hoping someone will allow me a cheat and respond to my question.... TIA

The others at the concert and we aren't sure it was two girls or three girls or two girls and one guy and we aren't sure he attended the concert. Anyway the group drove Morgans car we think but in the beginning Dr. Harrington thought her car stayed at her apartment but now we think he was mistaken because he didn't ask and they didn't tell him for ten days. We don't know if they went home or where they were but Morgans father did call one of the girls the next morning and drove up to JPJ to look for Morgan. Then the friend drove Morgans car to Morgans parents home. It is parked at their home. It is a 2006 Honda.

The location of the car is a major unresolved issue.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...fore-hitching-morgan-harrington-caused-worry/

Quote from the above link:
According to police, in that phone call, Morgan told her friends she was stuck outside the Arena (which, even with a ticket stub, does not allow reentry) and that she would find her own way home. Police have confirmed that a friend inside the concert had driven Morgan’s car and still had her keys. Those friends, her Blacksburg roommate Amy Melvin and JMU student Sarah Snead, have declined comment to media including the Hook; however Snead spoke with a Roanoke television station during a massive November 6-8 search. She offered no details of the night Morgan disappeared, but defended her and another friend’s decision to leave Charlottesville in Morgan’s car— but without Morgan.
“We wouldn’t have done it if we didn’t think it was okay,” she said. “Obviously, we wish things had taken place differently.”

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...tips-flood-in-but-still-no-morgan-harrington/

Quote from the above link:
Another discrepancy between what police and the family seem to know revolves around the vehicle that transported the young woman and three other concert-goers to Charlottesville. Police spokesperson Geller says that although driven by a friend, it was definitely Morgan Harrington’s own vehicle. Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, [HUH?] remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke.

We don't know exactly why Dr. Harrington believed that his daughter's car & its keys never left Harrisonburg.

Here is a link to WHSV TV in Harrisonburg, VA. This ran today. I was surprised to read the text of this article and how it seems to imply that all of Morgan’s friends are so concerned about her. The article states that they are all using words like heartbreaking and surreal when speaking of her disappearance. Maybe I’ve missed something these last two months because I’ve not heard her friends saying much of anything. I wonder what friends they are quoting? If you look under “Home” there is a video of Morgan’s mom being interviewed by phone. It’s call Noon interview. I would think she would have used the opportunity to call attention to things to look for or do to help find Morgan. But instead, she rambles about their strong family and holding each other together. But with it being two months now with no sign of Morgan, maybe she needs to hear herself say that to stay strong. And that certainly is ok. May they stay strong. God Bless the Harrington’s on this very sad day.

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/79545557.html

Here is a link to WHSV TV in Harrisonburg, VA. This ran today. I was surprised to read the text of this article and how it seems to imply that all of Morgan’s friends are so concerned about her. The article states that they are all using words like heartbreaking and surreal when speaking of her disappearance. Maybe I’ve missed something these last two months because I’ve not heard her friends saying much of anything. I wonder what friends they are quoting? If you look under “Home” there is a video of Morgan’s mom being interviewed by phone. It’s call Noon interview. I would think she would have used the opportunity to call attention to things to look for or do to help find Morgan. But instead, she rambles about their strong family and holding each other together. But with it being two months now with no sign of Morgan, maybe she needs to hear herself say that to stay strong. And that certainly is ok. May they stay strong. God Bless the Harrington’s on this very sad day.

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/79545557.html

The article only quotes one guy whose name I've never read before...

It's killing me not knowing what happened before last year bet. Morgan and her father. Do you guys think she ran away?

IMHO I believe whatever happened it stems from whatever caused her to change high schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1