GUILTY VA - Nabra Hassanen, 17, killed on way home from Sterling mosque, 18 June 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"So, he got in an argument with one of the teens on a bike, but chased down a girl who was apparently on foot, and who was hampered by her clothing. Sounds like Nabra was a convenient scapegoat."

Sorry tried to bold then Tried to snip but Tapatalk sucks!

Yup pretty much and he was here illegally. Shocker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a terrible, vicious crime! Prayers for the teenager and her family. I have to admit, I'm a little disturbed that she was with a group of up to 15 teenagers and there was only one man in the car...was the group of teenagers all female? Were there no males there that could have ganged up on him and held him until LE got there? I wish the outcome would have been different for this young girl that had her whole life ahead of her.

What a terrible, vicious crime! Prayers for the teenager and her family. I have to admit, I'm a little disturbed that she was with a group of up to 15 teenagers and there was only one man in the car...was the group of teenagers all female? Were there no males there that could have ganged up on him and held him until LE got there? I wish the outcome would have been different for this young girl that had her whole life ahead of her.

From what I've heard they all ran as they should but she tripped and fell on her gown. The others didn't realize she wasn't with them until they all made it back. Tragic but nothing nefarious with her friends. It's all on the illegal that killed her.

From what I've heard they all ran as they should but she tripped and fell on her gown. The others didn't realize she wasn't with them until they all made it back. Tragic but nothing nefarious with her friends. It's all on the illegal that killed her.

No no, I wasn't at all implying her friends were at fault. I was just wishing that some of the group had been boys who might have been able to fight him off so that she could get away and contain him until police arrived. Just wishing there had been any other outcome but this.

No no, I wasn't at all implying her friends were at fault. I was just wishing that some of the group had been boys who might have been able to fight him off so that she could get away and contain him until police arrived. Just wishing there had been any other outcome but this.

I got you! I totally understand. It's a horrible situation and not something I can even imagine being a part of as an adult let alone a child. These poor kids now have a sense of guilt to carry with them for their entire life.

[h=1]Cops Suspect Slain Muslim Teen Nabra Hassanen Was Raped[/h]
When asked if Hassanen was raped, Fairfax County Police Department Lt. Col. Deputy Chief of Police Tom Ryan said at a Monday press conference: “There was an assault that occurred in Fairfax County and we had another assault that occurred in Loudoun County.”

I just can't with this local media. On the local news today it was still being reported that the case is being investigated as a hate crime and also no mention of the arrested suspect being an illegal immigrant and has now been detained by ICE.

Cops Suspect Slain Muslim Teen Nabra Hassanen Was Raped

I just can't with this local media. On the local news today it was still being reported that the case is being investigated as a hate crime and also no mention of the arrested suspect being an illegal immigrant and has now been detained by ICE.

Well, he sure did have a lot of hate, whether it was for himself, for women or muslims - doesn't really matter though does it? He did it because he is unhinged. Everything about this is so wrong and unbelievable. I hope all latin Americans are enraged at how this ahole just gave Trump a great example for why there needs to be stricter immigration policy.

Well, he sure did have a lot of hate, whether it was for himself, for women or muslims - doesn't really matter though does it? He did it because he is unhinged. Everything about this is so wrong and unbelievable. I hope all latin Americans are enraged at how this ahole just gave Trump a great example for why there needs to be stricter immigration policy.

Yes it matters, of course. Facts always matter. It matters if a select population was targeted and it is important to know when a crime was not targeted due to hate. Right now on twitter facts don't seem to matter much on her hashtag as pressure is mounting to charge this as a hate crime.... all the vigils being held, words being thrown around and many people don't even know the facts.

Yes it matters, of course. Facts always matter. It matters if a select population was targeted and it is important to know when a crime was not targeted due to hate. Right now on twitter facts don't seem to matter much on her hashtag as pressure is mounting to charge this as a hate crime.... all the vigils being held, words being thrown around and many people don't even know the facts.

Hate crimes are very difficult to prove as the proscecutor must establish the perpetrators state of mind. Usually, this is difficult, unless the perpetrator announces his/ her motivations via interviews, their own statements, social media etc.

As a result, knock out gamers whose targets included a strangely high percentage of Jews, a gang who appeared to be scouting hispanic areas for home invasion targets which were robbed using over kill violence, another gang willing to drive out of their way to a gay area and then rob gays using excessive violence, and a jerk to everyone atheist who seemed to focus on a Moslem family after he saw hijabs at the residence have all avoided hate crime charges.

"Her beating, abduction and murder were clearly hateful acts, but bringing formal hate crime charges is more complicated. Proving a hate crime in court requires showing overt bias, that a person was motivated, for instance, by the victim’s religion, ethnicity, national origin or gender."

. . .

"Most hate-crime cases are handled by state prosecutors and typically carry stiffer penalties than crimes charged without a bias component. Forty-five states and the District have specific hate-crimes laws. But most differ on what acts qualify and some leave it to judges to decide whether to impose stiffer penalties at the time of sentencing.

Virginia’s hate-crime statute includes penalty enhancements for crimes motivated by race, religion and ethnicity. The Commonwealth’s law is not as comprehensive as measures in Maryland or D.C. that also cover bias related to gender, sexual orientation, disability and gender identity, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

Federal hate-crime charges generally carry even harsher penalties than state statutes. Federal prosecutors in Northern Virginia have not opened an investigation at this point."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...?utm_term=.123b105e9ff7&wpisrc=nl_buzz&wpmm=1

"Fairfax County police said at a Monday news conference they have turned up no slurs or other evidence that Martinez Torres was motivated to kill Nabra because of her religion.

Even so, they continue to probe the case and would revise their initial assessment if evidence of a hate crime is found, they have said.

The FBI and the Department of Justice opened a probe to determine if the case was a hate crime. No federal charges have been filed."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...?utm_term=.123b105e9ff7&wpisrc=nl_buzz&wpmm=1

In our local paper today, it said she was in group of 15, boys and girls, when one of the boys got into a verbal altercation with the man driving the car. (I was unable to link article, but I'll keep trying). When the man got out with the bat, all ran, but the victim tripped and fell, and was attacked with the bat and placed in the car and taken away.
Now, 15 boys and girls can't/won't stand up to a man with a bat? to save their friend? I keep thinking there is more to this story. Generally one man, even with a bat is not going to battle with a group of 15.
Unless of course, he was drinking, high on something, or just a nut.
All MOO

In our local paper today, it said she was in group of 15, boys and girls, when one of the boys got into a verbal altercation with the man driving the car. (I was unable to link article, but I'll keep trying). When the man got out with the bat, all ran, but the victim tripped and fell, and was attacked with the bat and placed in the car and taken away.
Now, 15 boys and girls can't/won't stand up to a man with a bat? to save their friend? I keep thinking there is more to this story. Generally one man, even with a bat is not going to battle with a group of 15.
Unless of course, he was drinking, high on something, or just a nut.
All MOO

The rest of the group has stated they didn't know she wasn't with them. A group of 15, you think they're all looking behind themselves counting the rest of the group to be sure no one is missing? There's nothing more to the story than that. JMO. They are kids, someone was coming at them with a bat, and they ran. It's not their fault. Again, JMO.

This case hit me so hard for some reason. RIP beautiful Nabra.

agreed! I really don't even find it relevant that it needs to be in headlines. plenty of good ole boy 'murricans do the same thing.

Well, he sure did have a lot of hate, whether it was for himself, for women or muslims

"Fairfax County Police Chief Edwin Roessler has told The Associated Press in an interview that police are investigating whether 17-year-old Nabra Hassanen was sexually assaulted. Roessler says his detectives are waiting on forensic tests on the Muslim teenager's body, which was pulled from a pond on Sunday.
He says "we're doing a thorough investigation." The possibility of a sexual assault, he says, "is something of concern to us."

Sex assault investigated in Muslim teen slaying (from @AP) https://apnews.com/1cbfdb23a7154f28bd03032b17e47658

Samar Ali, 24, said it was hard to square the horrific act with the character of the neighbourhood: “Here at Reston, everybody’s educated; people are nice, sweet,” she said. Some of the area’s young people were too distraught to go to graduation this week at South Lakes High School, which Ms. Hassanen attended, she said.

“Everybody’s now terrified, they’re scared, they don’t know who’s next and they don’t know why they’re targeted,” Ms. Ali said. “Do we think it had something to do with her being Muslim and the way she was dressed? We sure do.”

Fairfax County Police Chief Edwin Roessler Jr. said police have no indication the killing was driven by race or religion. “Right now, that is a myth on social media,” he told reporters on Wednesday. “I have no evidence of any hate words or any hate actions.” But Chief Roessler added that if he receives such evidence, he will pursue it.
<snipped> https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...inia-muslim-community-shaken/article35442848/

BBM
No hate actions? Really?! What would constitute hate "actions"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back