Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anonymous user names, but some of the more prolific posters might reveal enough information for her to figure out who it is. The firefighter community in Fairfax seems to be tight knit.

Even anonymous users can be traced - every comment has an IP address and even something through a proxy server can be traced. If someone was harassing her, it very likely was on more than one website.

Typically police have to make a request to the host server to get the ball rolling, but it's not impossible to identify "anonymous" online users who threaten others.

Maybe she figured out who the bully was and confronted them. They may have then feared losing their job and/or going to jail and decided to make sure that didn't happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

The latest Facebook update regarding her cell phone is interesting.

"Law enforcement is unable to use a search warrant exception because Nicole's disappearance is not considered a criminal matter."

If I missed someone posting. The find Nicole site on FB is asking for anyone that knows telecommunications laws. They are saying Nicole downloaded files onto her phone but the wireless company won't budge. Looking for an attorney they said.

The latest Facebook update regarding her cell phone is interesting.

"Law enforcement is unable to use a search warrant exception because Nicole's disappearance is not considered a criminal matter."
I think it's because of the possibility that she has voluntarily disappeared, and therefore wouldn't want to be found by cellphone data.

I think it's because of the possibility that she has voluntarily disappeared, and therefore wouldn't want to be found by cellphone data.

Right - also indicates that they probably didn't find anything in her car that suggested foul play.

Though, if they have reason to believe she may have been hurt/injured hiking or running, I'm surprised that isn't enough to execute a search warrant.

Maybe she figured out who the bully was and confronted them. They may have then feared losing their job and/or going to jail and decided to make sure that didn't happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

If she did not know the identity of the person behind online bullying, it cannot be assumed that it was someone from work.

From the governor's web page:
"How do I report a problem with the Virginia State Police?
As a state agency within the Secretariat of Public Safety, the Virginia State Police do come under the authority of the Office of the Governor. However, you may be better assisted by contacting the Secretary of Public Safety’s office, as they have direct administrative oversight of the Virginia State Police. Secretary Marshall and his staff will be happy to assist you. Please visit the Secretary of Public Safety’s Web site or call (804) 786-5351."
https://governor.virginia.gov/constituent-services/faqs/police-issues/

From the governor's web page:
"How do I report a problem with the Virginia State Police?
As a state agency within the Secretariat of Public Safety, the Virginia State Police do come under the authority of the Office of the Governor. However, you may be better assisted by contacting the Secretary of Public Safety’s office, as they have direct administrative oversight of the Virginia State Police. Secretary Marshall and his staff will be happy to assist you. Please visit the Secretary of Public Safety’s Web site or call (804) 786-5351."
https://governor.virginia.gov/constituent-services/faqs/police-issues/

Does someone want to report a problem with VSP? Why? Guess I'm behind. Sorry will go read.

Typically police have to make a request to the host server to get the ball rolling, but it's not impossible to identify "anonymous" online users who threaten others.

...and they won't do that until they are investigating a crime. As we all know by now, VSP has "no reason to suspect foul play". Also, I wouldn't characterize what was on that SM site as bullying. It was more like some frat bros talking *****.

If we assume that the eyewitness account is true and N parked her car on Saturday that is a huge change to the timeline. There should be more information on her whereabouts between the Wednesday text to her Dad and the Saturday spotting. Why has no one come forward to say they saw her on Thursday and/or Friday? And it creates a real possibility that if she is injured along the trail somewhere that she's still alive. Don't you guys think that with all the media coverage that there would be more sightings/camera footage/communications/credit card usage hits?

(My bad,I need to go back and read,commenting prematurely...I have tried to read every post but got behind!)

Yeah, I did find the stuff online, the ff messaging board etc disturbing, bullying, I made a post about sexism in the workplace, sexual harrassment, full shebang, on page 2. If this turns out to be foul play, I'm sure all that stuff will and is being looked at.

Earlier today, Warrenton crossfit had a photo of Nicole doing an impressive deadlift. Under the photos it had a comment from her husband dated March 22nd- it was an encouraging comment- paraphrasing this 'that's my awesome wife' is what I remember.

Now the photo has disappeared. What is going on here? Why if they are rumored to be separated is the husband commenting on her photos, and why are they being removed? Something just doesn't add up with this entire thing.

Right - LE has already classified her as endangered. Thousands of dollars are being spent and hundreds of resource are working to find her - after a week, I don't know why this isn't enough.

"The exceptions the wireless carrier offered apply to minors and require a subpoena process that Virginia does not offer short of filing a lawsuit against someone, and we don't have that much time.

We believe another exception exists, however.

18 USC 2702(b)(8) allows a telecommunications entity to release information "to a government entity, if the provider, in good faith, believes that an emergency involving danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure without delay of communications relating to the emergency." "

I don't mean to offend, I feel very pro-LE, but-- IF --I felt unsafe/hiding/voluntarily disappearing from a VSP (or FFX) employee, I would not be contacting VSP chain of command to report in. That's why I made the potential conflict of interest comment up thread. Only IMO,etc, etc.!
And if very stressed or unhealthy mentally, I might exaggerate that feeling.
Pray that's the explanation!
There are many independent advocates out there!

Right - LE has already classified her as endangered. Thousands of dollars are being spent and hundreds of resource are working to find her - after a week, I don't know why this isn't enough.

"The exceptions the wireless carrier offered apply to minors and require a subpoena process that Virginia does not offer short of filing a lawsuit against someone, and we don't have that much time.

We believe another exception exists, however.

18 USC 2702(b)(8) allows a telecommunications entity to release information "to a government entity, if the provider, in good faith, believes that an emergency involving danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure without delay of communications relating to the emergency." "

Doesn't that mean that police have to make the request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214