Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't any "camps" right near this area. There is a ranger station (on fire road) relatively close. And given it is national parks week I would be surprised if someone would take her to a public area. Can you clarify camp? Are you talking about places for hikers to stop and spend the night? Or something else?

Two other women missing from this area were found off state route 3 in Lignum.

I would start asking the farmers, horseback trail riders, hunt clubs, and the like to keep an eye out for recently disturbed areas- and new tire tracks. Rain is headed this way by the end of the week. They need to find something soon.

My thoughts echo that of other posters- if she wasn't found this weekend, when the park would have been busy with good weather- she might not be there anymore at all.

Like homeless people or drifters camps. I never saw anything like that in the SNP. Assuming that she was attacked and taken, the attacker would have taken her to a car. If she parked in the remote Parking Lot (not the one close to Skyline Drive) then it would make more sense that the car she was taken in would be in the same parking lot. She could have been just left somewhere in the trail too.

Lets hope is none of the above.

Love it, it's so beautiful, and why people go there to get away from the traffic and stress of NOVA. If this is what she did I understand that, but I would never go alone, and always let someone know where you're going out of your normal activity. I think that guy's crazy for wearing shorts, between snakes and tics, I have pants tucked in boots.

Having worked summer camp with boy scouts a few of them would go off and hike on their own but they would always at least let us know the area they were going even if it was just for a morning run around the camp lake. It's so crucial.

I would never go alone to the SNP or any hiking area in the backcountry either.

Has it been confirmed she is separated from her husband?I do not have FB and SMS reports have not made a point of convey this fact in particular.

I would never go alone to the SNP or any hiking area in the backcountry either.

Has it been confirmed she is separated from her husband?I do not have FB and SMS reports have not made a point of convey this fact in particular.

Nobody will confirm that, the media is wording in an interesting way imo. Plenty of people on FB have said they were/are but the family won't touch the topic except to say they are married.

Like homeless people or drifters camps. I never saw anything like that in the SNP. Assuming that she was attacked and taken, the attacker would have taken her to a car. If she parked in the remote Parking Lot (not the one close to Skyline Drive) then it would make more sense that the car she was taken in would be in the same parking lot. She could have been just left somewhere in the trail too.

Lets hope is none of the above.

I suppose it's possible but I've never heard of any in the area. Doesn't mean it wasn't someone she came into contact with on the trail though

Nobody will confirm that, the media is wording in an interesting way imo. Plenty of people on FB have said they were/are but the family won't touch the topic except to say they are married.

Maybe LE is telling the family not to comment. If they were in fact separated maybe they are looking at her husband closer. This case is really particular. It seems to me like they are releasing small pieces of info because they might not have the POI to know they are on their tail. JMO.

"Mittendorff thanked agencies and individuals who have been searching for his wife, and made a request of the media.

“I ask that you not focus on the face of a worried husband or family members, but that you focus on broadcasting her picture, and telling her story, so that someone who has not seen the coverage, will,” he said.

Geller would not say whether Nicole Mittendorff might want to disappear without telling anyone.

Fairfax County Fire Chief Richard Bowers issued a plea to the public, asking anyone with any information that could help with the search to contact Virginia State Police. But he also had a message for the missing firefighter/paramedic.

“Nicole, if you can hear us, please get a message to us, by any means, right away,” Bowers said.

On Monday evening, St. Paul United Methodist Church in Woodbridge held a prayer vigil for Mittendorff."

Search widens for missing Woodbridge woman in Shenandoah National Park
http://wtop.com/virginia/2016/04/se...ge-woman-in-shenandoah-national-park/slide/1/

Maybe LE is telling the family not to comment. If they were in fact separated maybe they are looking at her husband closer. This case is really particular. It seems to me like they are releasing small pieces of info because they might not have the POI to know they are on their tail. JMO.

Agreed, they're definitely parsing information though I don't think they have a suspect. I do have a strong hunch they've already looked at everything w/r/t her husband and their relationship as it stands and any possibilities there. Personally, I don't think he put on an act this morning. Punting the question about whether she'd hurt herself this morning made me wonder if they have reason to suspect that.

“I ask that you not focus on the face of a worried husband or family members, but that you focus on broadcasting her picture, and telling her story, so that someone who has not seen the coverage, will,” he said."

Kind of a weird statement. If my fiancé goes missing I would be on tv 24/7; with his picture of course. I just would not ask people not to focus on my face. My face would be on tv (and so would his). Interesting.

My first big case I followed was Laci Peterson. Hence the paranoia.

“I ask that you not focus on the face of a worried husband or family members, but that you focus on broadcasting her picture, and telling her story, so that someone who has not seen the coverage, will,” he said."

Kind of a weird statement. If my fiancé goes missing I would be on tv 24/7; with his picture of course. I just would not ask people not to focus on my face. My face would be on tv (and so would his). Interesting.

I get it completely, but I took his phrasing as more of a desperate plea to not forget her face and to focus only on her face to bring her back.

I agree, there's lots of gaps. I'm also confused by did she tell someone she was going running, was her and husband separated, how is it she was not noticed gone until didn't show up for work ?
There are small details that could make a huge difference.
Did she have a cell phone ? If so was it in her car, is it missing.
Was it normal that her husband didn't see her nor speak to her for days. Also I believe last contact anyone had was Wednesday through text with her dad and are we sure it was her texting her dad. And since was texting then yes she has a cell phone, where is it ?

Agreed. Also, it was indicated they have dogs. Even if they worked alternating shifts, wouldn't a couple with dogs need to arrange for coverage while they were working? People with dogs typical have to communicate schedules and plans to one another based around caring for them.

Above bbm

The problem within that is we don't know her story. Is there a story that needs to be known?
Sadly, that statement gave me the slight impression she is deceased and he wants viewers to know why.

I haven't posted until now but I have been reading all the posts and the great information given by locals.

I don't know why but this case reminded me of the young woman who went hiking alone in the Georgia mountains a few years back. I feel terrible but at this moment I cant remember her name or even the name of the man who murdered her. I think his first name may have been Gary. But he turned out to be a serial killer and happened to be in the woods when he spotted her alone.

I have seen young women myself jogging/running alone in remote areas and it worried me every time I saw them making me worry for their safety.

I don't believe her husband is involved. I think he is as devastated as the rest who loves and admires her who wants her home.

Now she could have committed suicide but you would think if that was so they would have located her by now.

So that makes me wonder if she isn't in that area at all and if abducted she was taken completely out of the area elsewhere.

We also have seen cases where upstanding women have just disappeared and left their family behind including their children. Mary Beth Smith seem to vanish into thin air and for months they searched for her. Her husband was a Pastor and many speculated he had killed her since the children were left behind too. That didn't turnout to be the case. She freely walked out on her own and was found a few months later alive and well.

So did she set this up for them to think she was there by parking her vehicle where it was located? She sure sounds like a solid citizen and greatly admired by her community but one never really knows what is in someone's mind. I really don't think this is what has happened to her and its just something I have pondered.

I just pray they find her soon and no matter how it turns out at least her family/husband will know what happened to her.

Re: suicide: it's very possible someone doesn't want to be found like that and take much effort to prevent it. Another local Fairfax teenager was missing for days until he was found dead in a wooded park. They found his car after he disappeared at the park, but police and dogs didn't find anything. He was found a week later less than a mile from his car.

I agree- I thought it was odd, and he hardly looked up at all while reading his statement.

Above bbm

The problem within that is we don't know her story. Is there a story that needs to be known?
Sadly, that statement gave me the slight impression she is deceased and he wants viewers to know why.

There have been other cases where LE was very private on what they said and didn't release all the information they had/knew about the missing person. It seems they are very mindful in cases where they know (behind the scene) the missing person may have been dealing with difficulties that may have made them extremely depressed.

I don't pickup that he knows she is deceased but he sure is worried, rightly so.

Re: suicide: it's very possible someone doesn't want to be found like that and take much effort to prevent it. Another local Fairfax teenager was missing for days until he was found dead in a wooded park. They found his car after he disappeared at the park, but police and dogs didn't find anything. He was found a week later less than a mile from his car.

That is certainly true. If she knew this area well she may have gone to an area where she felt they wouldn't search for her. Do they have caves and ponds/lakes in this area?

There have been other cases where LE was very private on what they said and didn't release all the information they had/knew about the missing person. It seems they are very mindful in cases where they know (behind the scene) the missing person may have been dealing with difficulties that may have made them extremely depressed.

I don't pickup that he knows she is deceased but he sure is worried, rightly so.
Yes, the police and media prefer not to give coverage to suicide. That could explain not much info from police, with the family trying to keep faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214