Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That incident link and timeline for the fire is the official .gov timeline. I am local, aware of the local micro climate. I live in the next county over.

It's hard to say. We have a had a lot of fire warnings out in our area due to low humidity and high winds.

The fire is an absolute tragedy in itself - so many bears and other mammals have young out at this time of year.

One of the big problems for survival right now is the low nightime tempertaures - been close to or below freezing recently. Also, keep in mind that temperatures at Skyline Drive level at typically at least 10 degrees lower than at normal level.

There are so many missing pieces to this case, so many.

<modsnip>

That incident link and timeline for the fire is the official .gov timeline. I am local, aware of the local micro climate. I live in the next county over.

I live about 4 miles from where Nicole's car was found

I was just in East Rock and have to be there again first thing in the morning. The smoke is thick and spreading. It was actually a little hard to breathe. The sun looked like it does at sunset even though it was high in the sky. I was actually suprised at how close the fire is to the MillerCoors brewery and other signs of civilization. The good thing is the smoke seems to be staying mainly on the western side of the range, which is the opposite side of where Nicole is presumed to be.

Hi Lark, I'm sorry about your miscarriage, my wife and I experienced that too. It was like a missile had struck our home in the middle of the night. I hope things are much better lately. I think you're onto a very relevant Idea. NM possibly having had one would explain the registry, and possibly any questionable behavior, including self harm. IMO.

Thank you, Snow. I am sorry for you & your wife's loss, as well.

I am so sorry for your loss and what You went through. The family has confirmed that NM was not pregnant FWIW. Your points are well taken.

Thank you for the condolences.
The family confirmed that NM was not currently pregnant, but not that she hadn't ever been recently. I am not currently pregnant, but I recently was & still should be. This is what I meant.

I have never heard of someone who wasn't pregnant (or, about to adopt) making a baby registry online. &#129300;

I have never heard of someone who wasn't pregnant (or, about to adopt) making a baby registry online. &#129300;

This has been explained upthread. They didn't "make a registry". There was nothing on it and some are created automatically from other sites.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...r-Nicole-Mittendorff-Continues-376351391.html

Nicole Mittendorff, 31, called in sick before her shift on April 13 -- the same day her family last heard from her, Fairfax County Fire Captain Dave Hall said. While Hall would not specify what time Mittendorff called in, he said standard procedure is that a call be placed before 5 a.m.

"The next day, there was no phone call made. From there, the phone calls started happening," Hall said. "Nicole if you can hear us, reach out to us, give us a call," Hall said. "Your home is still here. We're waiting for you."

Mittendorff's family said her wireless carrier is cooperating with investigators and sending any information that may be on her cellphone.

This breaks my heart.

Pleading to a missing person to call if they can... that her home is still there... seems very telling that this woman was struggling internally. Adding that her seperated spouse was so emotional and the one that read the note to Nicole, rather than her family, would suggest to me that she was upset about their seperation and was having trouble working through it.

Did anyone see if either had filed for divorce?

It would be an understandable reason for wanting to get away if she was not for the divorce

I'm not a seasoned websleuth poster, but have lurked for years. Only recently created an account. If you're new, really recommend reading the whole thread and TOS before asking questions or posting comments. Many of the questions you have already been answered. &#128580; it certainly saved me some time, so I could move onto other issues/questions to ponder.

On another note, according to a MSM post, a woman in the southwestern part of VA near Radford was being followed by a truck who was likely impersonating a police officer and flashing lights at her. She called the police and is safe. But it struck me as odd BC I vaguely recall historical cases like that here in central VA, along with some of the serial killer stories and involved murders near SNP. How typical is it for a murderer to travel that far to commit these acts? What are the typical time spans between? I believe the area Nicole's car was found and Radford are a few hours apart.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1576639559302154&substory_index=3&id=1113322205

I'm not a seasoned websleuth poster, but have lurked for years. Only recently created an account. If you're new, really recommend reading the whole thread and TOS before asking questions or posting comments. Many of the questions you have already been answered. &#65533;&#65533; it certainly saved me some time, so I could move onto other issues/questions to ponder.

<snipped by me>

:welcome:

And, GREAT ADVICE!!!

Note:
Seriously, our registrations have been exploding the past few days. Nicole's thread is filled with new members. PLEASE all do yourselves a big favor and review our TOS, Rules and Forum Etiquette linked here. This is a busy thread and we hate for you guys to lose a post and not understand why.

You have misinterpreted, Upper Hawksbill is on Skyline, it's the triangle to the left below Big Run Overlook. Your map (big dot) does confirm the location of the lower parking area for Old Rag/White Oak Canyon.

The car was found on a road off of the main road Rt.522 aka F.T Valley Rd. near Etlan or Syria, many miles from any entrance to Skyline Drive. The back side of the park in a popular area on the weekend but not near any main park entrance.

It's not near a main entrance and there s no one selling passes or station. It's on the very edge, the back side of the park accessed by local, rural roads.

I'm not a seasoned websleuth poster, but have lurked for years. Only recently created an account. If you're new, really recommend reading the whole thread and TOS before asking questions or posting comments. Many of the questions you have already been answered. [emoji849] it certainly saved me some time, so I could move onto other issues/questions to ponder.

On another note, according to a MSM post, a woman in the southwestern part of VA near Radford was being followed by a truck who was likely impersonating a police officer and flashing lights at her. She called the police and is safe. But it struck me as odd BC I vaguely recall historical cases like that here in central VA, along with some of the serial killer stories and involved murders near SNP. How typical is it for a murderer to travel that far to commit these acts? What are the typical time spans between? I believe the area Nicole's car was found and Radford are a few hours apart.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1576639559302154&substory_index=3&id=1113322205

There have been serial killers that stalked and killed their victims from coast to coast. Neal Falls was a very recent example.

My guess is there may be a surveillance camera in the parking lot where her car was found- or one on a road leading to the lot.

There's this myth about notes and suicides... in fact very few suicides leave notes, the most common figure I've seen is 25%.

As far as location goes, some people choose to go to a place they know they won't be found, at least not quickly, and not by family or friends. Or a place of importance to them. Those are the ones who can wind up here as missing, but we don't see or hear about the vast majority. Over 100 Americans a day commit suicide according to a 2014 report, and for every one who succeeds, 25 others are attempting suicide.

Respectfully shortened and BBM for brevity and relevance.

I am thinking along the same lines myself.

Does anyone local know if there are caves or cave systems in SNP?

If there are I hope LE and search parties are checking these both as potential suicide and camping locations

I watched a show the other day that discussed the dangers of bad air caves. Basically caves such as those have a limited supply of oxygen and a bad buildup of carbon monoxide. Some people go to sleep inside them and never wake up.

http://caves.org/section/medical/air.htm

My guess is there may be a surveillance camera in the parking lot where her car was found- or one on a road leading to the lot.

I'm guessing you don't know how rural that area is. I would be shocked if there are cameras within miles of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics