VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the culture where kids are unique, special, the most important person in this world etc has contributed somehow to a general lack of empathy. Children need to learn they are not that special, unique or the most valuable human being alive. They already think that.
Or at least that worked in my paternal household. But I am old so, those were different times.

I can only have sympathy for the family of NL. Her parents lost her forever to two alleged thrill killers. That is a senseless crime.

I agree. I have a child who is a freshman in college myself, and I see it among their peers. Not cold blooded murder, but self-centeredness, shallowness, lack of respect for others.

Oh, and mine struggled with anxiety and depression and difficulty adjusting to college. Here beloved nana passed away the day before move-in day. But she adjusted and has refrained from committing murder despite having intolerable roommates.

Quote:

Three days after Lovell disappeared, authorities received a warrant to search Eisenhauer's dorm room and while looking through the apartment Keepers sent him a text reading 'POLICE'.

After seeing the text, police started questioning Keepers and she reportedly admitted to helping dispose of the body and told them where to find it. She also gave them directions for where to a suitcase in her dorm room where she had apparently hidden Lovell's blanket.

...How is it even possible for a college student to be so incredibly stupid?

Does anyone else think NK kept the blanket for a memento? [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just thinking about the impact their (DE and NK's) actions have on their own families. There's of course the shock, the disbelief, the feeling of betrayal, shame, fear, etc, but beyond that there's also the reaction of their environment they will have to deal with. The siblings in school or college, the parents at work, reactions from neighbors and friends, at the grocery shop ...

Question to those here who run their own business or are in a position where they hire people: would you hire NK's sister now? (for example)

Or if you were their neighbor, would you invite the Keeper's or Eisenhauer's over for the next bbq?

I guess they will all now have to see who are their real friends. Hard for them all.

I'm thinking yes, to both hiring the sister and to inviting parents over. Assuming I think everyone else invited has the common sense to behave in an acceptable fashion.

People tend to do a better job separating the actions of an adult child from the parents/siblings than you seem to want to give them credit for.

Wow some people need to take it easy. We have no indication that NK was raised by anything but a normal loving family. Sometimes people who commit terrible crimes come from perfectly normal families. They are experiencing trauma too at this moment. No reason to blame them or ridicule them for loving their daughter.

Likewise, prisons are responsible for providing medical care to the prisoners and that includes giving them the medication they need. Withdrawing cold turkey from SSRIs is terrible. And gluten intolerance is a real medical condition as well. Last I checked the US is a developed nation and should not deny prisoners medication or human rights.

I get that people are disgusted, I am too. But there's still a minimum standard of human decency that we should keep. If she's guilty, she'll go to prison for the rest of her life as she should.

I do feel for the parents of the two perps. I really do, maybe because my kid is the same exact age. I said early on I can't imagine feeling the pride of sending off your kid to an engineering program at a great school and then....this.

Does anyone else think NK kept the blanket for a memento? [emoji17]

Yes! I do. And not just a momento - more like a trophy. And she quickly pointed out her 'trophy' to LE. They/she could have tried to hide the blanket, but no, she choose to keep it. Sick.

I'm just thinking about the impact their (DE and NK's) actions have on their own families. There's of course the shock, the disbelief, the feeling of betrayal, shame, fear, etc, but beyond that there's also the reaction of their environment they will have to deal with. The siblings in school or college, the parents at work, reactions from neighbors and friends, at the grocery shop ...

Question to those here who run their own business or are in a position where they hire people: would you hire NK's sister now? (for example)

Or if you were their neighbor, would you invite the Keeper's or Eisenhauer's over for the next bbq?

I guess they will all now have to see who are their real friends. Hard for them all.

This is when friends of the family are needed most. There will be people who will keep their distance, but I'm hoping the real friends will be able to carry them through this time. I saw it on an earlier post, but three families lost their children - and this is very true. I don't have sympathy for the alleged killers - but they leave people in their wakes that really do love them and have probably tried to do the best they could since bringing both of them into the world. It's sad that all these families have been ripped apart in ways that they didn't see coming :(

Whilst I get what you're saying I think it's important to remember that NK's father is probably in a state of shock and stuggling to process what his daughter has done. I think even people who's child has a long history of violence would struggle to comprehend their child has killed another person on purpose.

In his situation I think it's natural to still want to look after your child, because you're unable to take in the enormity of what is happening. If serious, gluten allergies make people very ill very quickly, so he's just doing what he can for his daughter. He is most likely focusing on the small things he can fix in this situation because he's otherwise powerless.

It does seem insulting though and I hope he isn't going to be one of those parents who make excuses for their child's terrible behaviour. I mean, nothing could possibly excuse or make this any less awful.

If it were an actual allergy that caused life-threatening reactions she would have an alternate diet. She can't possibly be the first inmate with Celiac, if that is indeed what it is. But if gluten makes her tummy a little upset? Suck it up, buttercup.

I'm thinking yes, to both hiring the sister and to inviting parents over. Assuming I think everyone else invited has the common sense to behave in an acceptable fashion.

People tend to do a better job separating the actions of an adult child from the parents/siblings than you seem to want to give them credit for.

Yes I have my doubts about the whole family atm after daddy's performance today.

Yes I have my doubts about the whole family atm after daddy's performance today.

There may have been some "urging" on the behalf of the attorneys to make any kind of plea possible to try to sway the judge. Clearly, it didn't work - but I imagine that her family and attorneys are feeling quite desperate at this point since there's a LOT of evidence working against them.

The WAPO just reported this (sorry if it has been brought before)

"Two law enforcement officials have said Eisenhauer had sexual contact with the 13-year-old girl after meeting her online and used their relationship to lure her out of her home"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ocal-news_va-tech-murder-330pm:homepage/story

JMO, I think his plan was to molest her and then she realized she was very active in SM, got NK to "join him in an secretive and exciting" killing and the two of them planned and executed NL.

I cannot phantom two young people doing something so macabre. They are barely adults.

It seems odd since Keepers was up to her eyeballs from the beginning of this murderous plot that she isn't also charged with first degree. In many other cases I have seen others were charged with first degree even though they weren't the ones who actually killed the victim. They were still charged equally along with the one who actually did the killing since they plotted and conspired for it to happen. I have a feeling it may come out that Keepers was there as Nicole was being murdered. As excited as she was about all this I cant see her wanting to miss watching the murder itself happen. To me its no different than one who hires a hit man to murder a spouse. The mastermind behind the plot to murder is charged with first degree even they did not do the murders themselves. The law in VA must be different than other states.

And since LE states Keepers became involved on January 4th she may be the very one who put this all into play by being the mastermind behind the plot. Maybe that is what DE means when he said 'the truth can set me free' or whatever he said. I wonder if this is like other cases we have seen before where the female will be the mastermind behind the murder plot but she talks a guy into doing the actual dirty work while she sits by and watches the murder go down?

It just seems there is much more to the case concerning Keepers true involvement. imo

As an aside:

As far as Keepers and her mental issues, I have to admit, I don't care one tiny bit about her mental state. She not only tricked Nicole along with DE but she had no problem helping him dispose of this young girl's dead body. So she knew right from wrong and that is all I care about. Imo, she will not be ruled incompetent nor insane even if the court agrees to have her evaluated which they probably will. They may find out she has no conscience and is only able to cry for herself. As I posted earlier, only a full blown psychopath would get excited to be involved in a plot to murder another human being.

Once someone crosses over to the dark side, any sympathy I may have had for them, under a different set of circumstances, becomes zero. Instead of having sympathy she totally disgust me.

Keepers is a very dangerous person along with her evil sidekick and both of them should never be allowed out in society again where they once again can bring such pain and suffering not only to the next victim but the next victim's family. Keepers seem to delight in plotting this horrific murder. That means she was thrilled at the thought of Nicole being abducted to be murdered and wanted very much to be a part of it. If that isn't enough to scare the hell out of most people I don't know what would.

Even if DE did have a prior sexual contact with Nicole... I believe even that was still all part of their wicked plan. A part of the luring and getting her to trust them. Imo, even before contact was made he and NK had already targeted Nicole as the one they were going to murder. He pretended to care so that Nicole wouldn't be afraid to meet him.

To know how they both betrayed this lonely young girl.... who had already gone through so much in her short life..... is almost unbearable to even think about and the evilness they both had to possess to carry it all out.

IMO

You know what makes me angry the fact that NK's daddy wanted special privileges for his princess.I would've been fumed if I was the judge.That shows no respect for the parents of NL .While they are sitting there grieving over their daughter and this girl had a hand in the murder.I don't care what NK was to become at VT what about NL maybe she was going to become a singer.

I'm thinking conspiracy charge if not the full first-degree murder kit-n-caboodle.

Well is she one of those bandwagon gluten free people or a diagnosed celiac? If celiac she could get violently ill. Not that I give two *advertiser censored* (see what I did there?)

BIB :hilarious: I love you strawberry!

To all the people asking why the site should be held responsible.

Jmo. When you start a site; You are responsible for that site. So if any illegal activities are going down on your site. Then you are responsible since it's your site to monitor and ban whomever or contact the authorities. Jmo.

So please stop asking why the site should be held responsible for grown men or older teens that are trying to hook up with 13 year olds that look 10 years old.

Anytime that you make a site. You must promise that it will not be used nor allow illegal activities. So if you don't monitor your site via yourself or staff. Then your site can be sued in the long run. Jmo.

Certain powers granted require tremendous accountability. Jmo.

It seems odd since Keepers was up to her eyeballs from the beginning of this murderous plot that she isn't also charged with first degree. In many other cases I have seen others were charged with first degree even though they weren't the ones who actually killed the victim. They were still charged equally along with the one who actually did the killing since they plotted and conspired for it to happen. I have a feeling it may come out that Keepers was there as Nicole was being murdered. As excited as she was about all this I cant see her wanting to miss watching the murder itself happen. To me its no different than one who hires a hit man to murder a spouse. The mastermind behind the plot to murder is charged with first degree even they did not do the murders themselves. The law in VA must be different than other states.

rsbm

In this scenario, wouldn't she be charged with conspiracy to commit murder?

Thanks for the info. Does that mean no cameras will be allowed at all? Not even to show clips on the news or anything?

How about a sketch artist? That is what you will get imo.

What if her home life was not very happy. She was a high achiever in high school, she attempted suicide, cutting, and this all happens right after winter break. Speculating that maybe her high achievement was because of unyielding pressure from her parents. She gets a taste of freedom while at school, goes back home for break and all the same parental pressure is back and it unravels her. She apparently has been screaming for help for years.

If she was my child, given her history, I would have been very concerned sending her away, out of state to college.

Honestly, though, high achiever? A 3.29 GPA isn't that good. Not at all. The fact that she was in the top 15% of her class with that GPA kind of astounds me. I'm from Northern Virginia and if you want to be in the top 15% you need to have a 3.8, minimum.

I'm sorry, I can't let go of the fact NK kept the blanket. What if she thought this was the beginning of a murder spree? What if the two of them wanted to keep going, do this again and again? They didn't try very hard, but then again they are college freshmen. I keep thinking of her making a point to take the blanket out of DEs car after they returned to Blacksburg. Just sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member