VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the updates in the news but haven't read through all the posts here yet so it may have already been mentioned but...

I can't get over the horrifically cruel irony that they chose to kill this poor kid, by slicing her throat. A girl who already had the very noticeable tracheotomy scar and who probably hated it as most 13 yr old girls hate having any kind of physical imperfection that makes them stand out. I know I read in earlier MSM articles that Nicole had been bullied and had her scars made fun of. So then these two evil pieces of human trash chose to give her one last, final, very noticeable scar.

May they rot in a cage for the rest of their natural lives.

Oh, how true. That's horrible. I read they "decided to slit her throat". I wonder if that was why. It certainly isn't the least messy option

First of all, I agree that this is a terribly disturbing case. I've followed here for awhile (and post regularly on other WS cases). This case keeps me up at night. That said, I believe there's an alarming trend in this country of doctors prescribing SSRIs without determining if a person has unipolar or bipolar depression. And you're so right, an SSRI can send a person with BPD versus unipolar depression into mania, and that mania can manifest in outwardly violent versus innerly self-destructive behavior.

I'm coming to believe that BPD is becoming more and more prevalent in this country, for whatever reason. I personally know of a high-school student who had issues, was put on Prozac, and totally flipped out. He's now on lithium carbonate (gold standard for BPD) and doing great. In addition, both of my children are on the BP spectrum. I didn't see this coming, but we're learning how to deal with it.

None of that would make this case any easier to deal with, however. I cry for Nicole.

I agree doctors are too fast to just fling the latest and greatest SSRI at someone without closely monitoring them. There have been some cases where people react badly to medicines (not just antidepressants). It would be good if our health care system allowed for inpatient monitoring for the first couple days, particularly for young adults. The article also mentioned DK being on medicine for anxiety, which could be something like Valium. That type of drug is a dis-inhibitor. Much like alcohol. People will do things drunk (or on benzos) that they would sure never do sober or straight.

All that being said, there is no way DK was in that kind of out of control state of mind since the start of the new year. She wouldn't be able to function enough to get to class. It would have been obvious to fellow students, professors, the RA and anyone else in contact with her that there was a serious problem going on.

MOO.

I can't be too harsh on NK's parents yet. I'm sure they're still in shock from all of this, probably in denial, everything likely feels surreal, they probably just want everything to feel the same as it always has. It's only been a few days since their life was turned upside down and it just seems to get worse by the day. I can't make any statements about what I would do in this situation except to say that I bet it feels a whole lot different to how you would have assumed it would feel while previously making "if it was me" statements.
They also wouldn't take the stand at a bond hearing and express remorse over the killing of Nicole while NK has made a not guilty plea. That would not be a logical approach by the defense, it may sound cold or harsh but that was not the time or place for that sort of discussion.

I think the parents have mentally short circuited.
Sudden trauma (as many of you know) can make you act, say and do things that make no sense. You might even appear mentally ill. I mean, this is the kind of trauma that makes you not remember everything that you say and do.
I'm not trying to make excuses for NK's parents but IMHO, there's no way to judge their parenting style, or mental stability from this situation alone.

Does anyone know who "bae" is that she refers to as having a couple of dates?

BAE is a slang word for boyfriend. It means "before anyone else." Young teens use it. I haven't heard too many older teens/college kids use it though.

I know, right? I want to hear that too

I agree. They didn't even have to mention their pampered little darling who plotted to murder Nicole.

They could have gone up to Nicole's parents and told them 'we are sincerely sorry for your loss.' But no, the dad was too busy complaining about how his daughter was being mistreated and not being catered to while she is in jail. (rolleyes)

I do not think DE would be able to kill Nicole alone if she knew she was in imminent danger. She would obviously fight back. She was little (4'8), but weighed 125 lbs. He is a very slight man. I would think she would have put up quite a struggle. So, I only see 2 scenarios. 1) He is getting romantic with her (she thinks) and then pulls a knife on her and does it; or 2) NK was involved.

Unless something has been posted I haven't seen, there seems to be a big missing piece of the puzzle. He picks her up in his Lexus and then HE goes to NK's dorm. What happened between this? Where was Nicole?

I can't be too harsh on NK's parents yet. I'm sure they're still in shock from all of this, probably in denial, everything likely feels surreal, they probably just want everything to feel the same as it always has. It's only been a few days since their life was turned upside down and it just seems to get worse by the day. I can't make any statements about what I would do in this situation except to say that I bet it feels a whole lot different to how you would have assumed it would feel while previously making "if it was me" statements.
They also wouldn't take the stand at a bond hearing and express remorse over the killing of Nicole while NK has made a not guilty plea. That would not be a logical approach by the defense, it may sound cold or harsh but that was not the time or place for that sort of discussion.

bbm - They could have released a statement before or after the hearing. I don't think anybody here expected it to be at the hearing. As it is they come across as uncaring, plain and simple.

Just read the updates in the news but haven't read through all the posts here yet so it may have already been mentioned but...

I can't get over the horrifically cruel irony that they chose to kill this poor kid, by slicing her throat. A girl who already had the very noticeable tracheotomy scar and who probably hated it as most 13 yr old girls hate having any kind of physical imperfection that makes them stand out. I know I read in earlier MSM articles that Nicole had been bullied and had her scars made fun of. So then these two evil pieces of human trash chose to give her one last, final, very noticeable scar.

May they rot in a cage for the rest of their natural lives.

This didn't even dawn on me. Pure evilness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the parents have mentally short circuited.
Sudden trauma (as many of you know) can make you act, say and do things that make no sense. You might even appear mentally ill. I mean, this is the kind of trauma that makes you not remember everything that you say and do.
I'm not trying to make excuses for NK's parents but IMHO, there's no way to judge their parenting style, or mental stability from this situation alone.

I agree. That and they were probably coached by the defense attorneys about what to say. I'm also pretty sure the attorneys would have quit on the spot if the parents had apologized for what NK did, since like it or not, she's innocent until proven guilty in court. I can't fault the parents for their behavior in any way, right now. We'll see again further down the road.... I'm reserving my judgment until there's been sufficient time for the shock to wear off.

I do not think DE would be able to kill Nicole alone if she knew she was in imminent danger. She would obviously fight back. She was little (4'8), but weighed 125 lbs. He is a very slight man. I would think she would have put up quite a struggle. So, I only see 2 scenarios. 1) He is getting romantic with her (she thinks) and then pulls a knife on her and does it; or 2) NK was involved.

Unless something has been posted I haven't seen, there seems to be a big missing piece of the puzzle. He picks her up in his Lexus and then HE goes to NK's dorm. What happened between this? Where was Nicole?

Yes, the timeline is murky. He sees her climb out her window and gives her a side hug. Where was the side hug? In the car? I'm thinking he didn't just "see" her climb out the window but helped her or was at least out of the car.

Then they get into his car....and suddenly they are at NK's dorm? And then somehow the child is killed and NK is on hand to help put the body into the truck.

We learned a lot of info today, but obviously not everything.

JMO

BAE is a slang word for boyfriend. It means "before anyone else." Young teens use it. I haven't heard too many older teens/college kids use it though.

Girls also use it to reference their BFF, or any girl (as in female) friend, really. It's gotten completely out of hand and grates on my nerves, TBH. :cow:

Right, it means BF or GF but who specifically was she referring to?

Where did I see nl post about being nervous for a date? It was ig or fb . Her one fb seems to be gone. Poor child

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No its still there.. I thought that too but found it. Also it was her IG that she said she was nervous. She had a candy cane in her mouth of the picture.

NK's parents came off as 100% detached from what their daughter did. (and it's entirely possible they didn't know the details yet - sitting and planning for weeks and finally choosing to slit her throat - NK saying she was excited to be part of something secret, etc.)

Either they're completely nuts (which I seriously doubt) or they're in complete shock. I'm going with the latter. I can't even begin to imagine how I'd react if I found out my kid did something this evil.

That's a new one. Someone on NG just said when NK took the stand she promised not to commit suicide while on bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange