GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish at all these news conference the speaker would repeat the question the reporter ask. It's hard to hear what questions are being ask.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am still confused about the fact that if everyone had a septic tank in the neighborhood - why did LE not search the one on Noah's family property right away?

Thinking out loud:

1. There was a another access/faulty area to the septic tank when Noah fell in - leaving the ground/area looking undisturbed afterwards which gave no indication that LE should check the septic tank.
2. LE just didn't take the septic tank into consideration.
3. The top/cover was placed back on after Noah was placed in it:( - therefore LE thought that there is no way Noah could access the septic tank and be in it.

While I am doubtful about an accident...if it is determined to be so, I hope it is explained and shown how the septic tank was accessed by a small child. As it is, I do not believe foul play has been ruled out at all. Jmo

While I am doubtful about an accident...if it is determined to be so, I hope it is explained and shown how the septic tank was accessed by a small child. As it is, I do not believe foul play has been ruled out at all. Jmo

I agree 100%. Considering how the focus seemed to be to tell everyone to stop speculating and spreading gossip and rumors, I don't think LE is willing to give any indication that this is a homicide investigation instead of a death investigation. That would only fuel the rumors that are already rampant.

Question here : Do the search and recovery teams have a mandate to search only for a wandering (living or wandering and then deceased) child? That is, will they lift manhole covers and open septic tanks and check things which an adult would have to have a hand in? I would assume their assumption is that he is wandering and therefore would search places in line with that theory. I would also assume the house was searched 3x by the search and rescue team?

The investigative side of LE is working under the assumption that something more nefarious happened to him, that he might have been taken or family might have done something. They would be the ones more likely to look in sealed septic tanks and other places where a body might be hidden? But they aren't part of the search and recovery effort? Just wondering how this dynamic might play into Dee's thoughts.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those cases that are extremely personal and they will never tell us anything except that it was an accident.

Dang that presser didn't tell us anything. These guys could learn a few things from LE from Hanna Graham's case.

He didn't mention anything specific but I kind of got the vibe that LE doesn't believe it was an accident. I hope I'm wrong, but as Blazlet's post from above says , "An accident would mean little Noah drowning alone in a septic tank. A non accident would mean someone was vile enough to put him there." (respectfully snipped by me). Either way Noah's death would have been terrifying for him.

JMO

I noticed too that the sheriff's office is still asking for tips from anyone who may know anything.

Alot of speculations on the parents and they are also victims until LE says otherwise.

I have not been following this case but I saw this awful news last night. Please forgive me if these questions have been answered. Was the septic tank in use or an old one? I ask because I had a capped septic tank open a couple weeks ago. It was capped with WOOD about 20 years ago. The wood rotted and then without warning the whole thing opened up. I have two small boys and when it happened I was so thankful we were not out there when it happened. Hearing this story made me sick to think that could have happened to me.

I'm glad I didn't watch/listen to presser...........IMO LE must investigate allot
My hinky meter is way up! That is just me..............when they say do not listen to rumors,
makes me think they are listening big time. The more people talk, the more LE can look at. JMOO

I have not been following this case but I saw this awful news last night. Please forgive me if these questions have been answered. Was the septic tank in use or an old one? I ask because I had a capped septic tank open a couple weeks ago. It was capped with WOOD about 20 years ago. The wood rotted and then without warning the whole thing opened up. I have two small boys and when it happened I was so thankful we were not out there when it happened. Hearing this story made me sick to think that could have happened to me.

How scary!! :( At this point, we don't know the details about the septic tank.

I'm glad I didn't watch/listen to presser...........IMO LE must investigate allot
My hinky meter is way up! That is just me..............when they say do not listen to rumors,
makes me think they are listening big time. The more people talk, the more LE can look at. JMOO

I agree - by now they would have been determined it was an accident by seeing that Noah was able to access the septic tank and fall in..
LE would have seen it right away and found Noah sooner during the search..(top would have been off/fallen through/open access)
BUT Noah must have been hidden - the cover mush have been on - because they searched for a long time and did not find him until 4 days later..:(

If Noah fell in, evidence would be apparent IMO, stench, open lid (wooden?)
LE would of found him sooner. IMO
now if everything looked normal and he lid was back on...............foul play IMO

If Noah fell in, evidence would be apparent IMO, stench, open lid (wooden?)
LE would of found him sooner. IMO
now if everything looked normal and he lid was back on...............foul play IMO

I agree with you. When the wooden cap gave way it left a huge hole and I would think this would have been the first place checked. Just don't want to believe a parent would be capable...

I agree - by now they would have been determined it was an accident by seeing that Noah was able to access the septic tank and fall in..
LE would have seen it right away and found Noah sooner during the search..(top would have been off/fallen through/open access)
BUT Noah must have been hidden - the cover mush have been on - because they searched for a long time and did not find him until 4 days later..:(

I'm sure LE has a strong idea of what happened but considering some of the rumors floating around they are taking care to get all the facts before they say positively what happened. I want to feel hopeful that since Noah's parents haven't been arrested that LE doesn't believe they are involved. But, who knows.

How heavy is the septic tank cover?
How long would it take to remove it?
Would it take more than one person to remove it/gain access?
Is there another way to access the septic tank besides the cover?
Could Noah have been placed in the septic tank at a later time? - since it takes more time/people/to open the cover?

I don't have the link, but didn't LE initially say Noah might have been with another child? I could swear I saw that somewhere in the early stages... Maybe an accident with another kid (they fought/hit his head, or climbing trees/fell out?) and the kid just wanted to hide the body and not get in trouble?

I can't believe it was an accident, because the septic tank can't be far from the house and there is just no way that LE wouldn't have noticed an open septic tank near the house when they are looking for a lost/wandering boy. They would have immediately checked anywhere near the house where could have fallen in/climbed into.

How heavy is the septic tank cover?
How long would it take to remove it?
Would it take more than one person to remove it/gain access?
Is there another way to access the septic tank besides the cover?
Could Noah have been placed in the septic tank at a later time? - since it takes more time/people/to open the cover?

Those are excellent questions. If they would simply answer about the septic system! Our septic tank has a really heavy cement block on the top and 2 handles to remove it. There's NO way a child could ever open it. I can't even open it. It takes my husband plus a teenage son to open ours.

I know there are so many different kinds....I would love to know how we can figure out what they have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NonakaYori