GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An angry mob with torches can also deny a person bond.

"Thomas' attorney, Lindsay Honeycutt, argued that under normal circumstances his client would be granted bond, but the “highly publicized nature” of the case has contributed to the matter."

I'm open to that thought too. And honestly, keeping the two in jail saves LE from having to surround them with armed guards if they were let out. I'm growing increasingly alarmed by mobs of well-intentioned citizenry who come out with such rage and violence at news stories, and insert themselves into cases that are unrelated to them, with a vigor that indicates they are dangerous. They have no earthly idea what happened, and they guess the worst. So there may be an element of keeping the sandbox folk from tarring and feathering these two.

I'd have to borrow one.. I gave mine away a couple weeks ago.

It was pitchforks that you handed out!
I wonder how much longer on tox and finalized autopsy. Is the community still keeping it front and center Tamora?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Bad parenting choice - a phrase that diminishes their responsibility, and minimises the trauma that 2 children suffered. Smoking pot (even late at night in your bedroom) is illegal, not a 'bad choice'.
What Bad Parenting Choice led to Noahs death?
Choices cause consequences ----- and when the consequences damage children, they should not be condoned. IMO

Bad Parenting choice: allowing your kids too much screen time.

Abuse/Neglect: what these people (I can't call them parents) have done.

It was pitchforks that you handed out!
I wonder how much longer on tox and finalized autopsy. Is the community still keeping it front and center Tamora?

Very much so. The sense I get is that most people are saddened and expect more charges. I wouldn't presume to speak for them, but neither should a bunch of Facebook or news story comments. They may be the "loudest," but if you're looking at a comments section for reasonable conversation, well . . .

Very much so. The sense I get is that most people are saddened and expect more charges. I wouldn't presume to speak for them, but neither should a bunch of Facebook or news story comments. They may be the "loudest," but if you're looking at a comments section for reasonable conversation, well . . .

I definitely don't believe that the sources of those comments are indicative of the general feelings most people in your town have about Noah's case.

I definitely don't believe that the sources of those comments are indicative of the general feelings most people in your town have about Noah's case.

Thanks. I've talked to elementary school teachers, even a friend of the family. They're heartbroken, dealing with things one day at a time.

I'm open to that thought too. And honestly, keeping the two in jail saves LE from having to surround them with armed guards if they were let out. I'm growing increasingly alarmed by mobs of well-intentioned citizenry who come out with such rage and violence at news stories, and insert themselves into cases that are unrelated to them, with a vigor that indicates they are dangerous. They have no earthly idea what happened, and they guess the worst. So there may be an element of keeping the sandbox folk from tarring and feathering these two.
I'm open to that thought too if the unspoken evidence is not leading to the parents involvement with the septic tankbut if the BBM part is true, well then, I don't know what to say other than imo, that is a gross neglect of duty. I hope our justice system does keep people incarcerated because it's easier that way.

I have to wonder what they stopped at the convenience store for that morning. That's where they were seen on video, right? What was so important that they risked being caught on video w/o their kids?

I have to wonder what they stopped at the convenience store for that morning. That's where they were seen on video, right? What was so important that they risked being caught on video w/o their kids?

I wonder if they knew the camera was there. It really was a silly mistake but I don't get the impression that any of it was well thought out on their part.

I wonder if they knew the camera was there. It really was a silly mistake but I don't get the impression that any of it was well thought out on their part.

It's probably something as simple as cigarettes.

I think they were probably somewhat in the habit of leaving their kids unattended, so it wasn't something that stood out as a time they needed to be cautious. Since we are all looking at this in reverse, realizing that Noah died that morning, it makes less sense that they would careless enough to be caught on camera. But if they were just doing the normal leave for awhile and let the kids wake up by themselves, then they wouldn't know that eventually someone was going to rewind that video and see they didn't have the kids in the car.

I think they were probably somewhat in the habit of leaving their kids unattended, so it wasn't something that stood out as a time they needed to be cautious. Since we are all looking at this in reverse, realizing that Noah died that morning, it makes less sense that they would careless enough to be caught on camera. But if they were just doing the normal leave for awhile and let the kids wake up by themselves, then they wouldn't know that eventually someone was going to rewind that video and see they didn't have the kids in the car.

The only thing is that we don't know that Noah died that morning, or if he died the night before.

Bad Parenting choice: allowing your kids too much screen time.

Abuse/Neglect: what these people (I can't call them parents) have done.

:goodpost:

Exactly!!! When you leave your children alone at these ages, you are not making a parental decision beyond deciding not to be a parent! I'm sorry, but not being present is not the same as making a bad parenting choice. And it's not an accident. An accident is something like what happened to me today, I was brushing the pool and accidentally bonked my LO in the noggin with the pole! I felt awful, but it truly was an accident!!

I ran across this article which gives the guidelines for minimum age allowable to leave your children home alone...

http://www.latchkey-kids.com/latchkey-kids-age-limits.htm

According to this, there is no minimum age a child has to be to be legally left home alone in Virginia. And, shockingly, also in most states.

How is this possible? If this is correct, how can LE or DFS conclude neglect based just on the fact that kids are left alone? Clearly, in Noah's case, something went terribly awry (and it may have happened before the parents even left in the morning and sustained neglect certainly may have been present).

From everyone's posts, I can see that most everyone feels that five (and certainly 6-8 months) is too young to be left at home alone, for any amount of time. What age is okay? 8? 9? 12? How much time alone? Just curious. I think small amounts of time are okay once they are around 9-11 if they can demonstrate responsibility and what not.

I ran across this article which gives the guidelines for minimum age allowable to leave your children home alone...

http://www.latchkey-kids.com/latchkey-kids-age-limits.htm

According to this, there is no minimum age a child has to be to be legally left home alone in Virginia. And, shockingly, also in most states.

How is this possible? If this is correct, how can LE or DFS conclude neglect based just on the fact that kids are left alone? Clearly, in Noah's case, something went terribly awry (and it may have happened before the parents even left in the morning and sustained neglect may have been present).

From everyone's posts, I can see that most everyone feels that five (and certainly 6-8 months) is too young to be left at home alone, for any amount of time. What age is okay? 8? 9? 12? How much time alone? Just curious. I think small amounts of time are okay once they are around 9-11 if they can demonstrate responsibility and what not.

I think because they expect parents to use their brains. Common sense isn't so common these days.

2 people are being held on no bond. Accident is unlikely.

If a child dies because you 'accidently' leave them home alone. Then you accidently report the child missing instead of dead. If you accidently did drugs around them. We may have differing ideas of the word 'accident' versus 'neglect'. But the charges to date say neglect and abuse.

THANK YOU for this post. Exactly my thoughts.

We have to use some deduction here. My understanding is if Noah would have drowned in the septic tank, the COD would have been released immediately. Since that did not happen, we can assume he did not drown to death. (Add in the fact the lid was on the septic tank, so it is unlikely he drowned anyways, unless somebody purposely put him down there to drown.) With the deduction he most likely didn't drown, we have the following scenarios: 1) somebody snuck into their home while AW was taking PT to work. In that short period of time, they murdered Noah and placed him in the septic tank in broad daylight; 2) Noah died due to neglect/mal-treatment from a parent; or 3) Noah was murdered by a parent.

IMO, the only reason they haven't been charged with murder or manslaughter is because they need the autopsy report to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc