Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JLouEllen90

Reaction score
Missing Person Involuntary:

Norma Alicia Avillan

jz66LJjceLqFpzdhcCZq1-tp9v0ZAgKk-cHiY0P1Q3r2Rji45S99hcvIWRQUd27rqhklDCqx1S2nLT195C6PdX2rEn9T15Qp120cEiIQhZTbWrifTEwu4giJ3xU

Age at time of disappearance: 51

Sex: Female

Weight: 118 lbs

Hair: Brown

Height: 5' 3"

Eyes: Brown

Race: White

Missing: December 1, 2009

Details: Norma was last seen leaving work at Dulles International Airport .

GINA For Missing Persons - Norma Alicia Avillan

Norma Alicia Avillan – The Charley Project

I've seen elsewhere that her car was located at her place of residence, there was no evidence of any crime, and the only things missing were her purse and wallet.

I've seen elsewhere that her car was located at her place of residence, there was no evidence of any crime, and the only things missing were her purse and wallet.
I've been trying to figure out where her apartment was but it's behind a paywall. I think it could be important where it is in relation to the airport. Also I have been going through NAMUS the past few days and *maybe* found one or two that *could* be promising. I'll revisit in the morning but I have a few thoughts. Just realized it's almost 2 am...

I've been trying to figure out where her apartment was but it's behind a paywall. I think it could be important where it is in relation to the airport. Also I have been going through NAMUS the past few days and *maybe* found one or two that *could* be promising. I'll revisit in the morning but I have a few thoughts. Just realized it's almost 2 am...

She lived in the "Berkdale Apartments" complex in Herndon VA which is less than 5 miles from IAD. On another website, locals have commented that it's not a great area. I live in northern VA but not near Herndon, and I never go there anyway.

To me, the fact her purse and wallet were missing but everything else was in order - that suggests she might have left with someone she knew. Some have opined she was perhaps out walking, but at 12a?? In a neighborhood like that?? Unlikely. I wonder about her cellphone, any records or pings from that. Surely LEO has looked into it..

Still listed as missing at NAMUS
1727143198959.png

Missing Age 51 Years

Current Age 66 Years

First Name Norma

Middle Name Alicia

Last Name Avillan

Nickname/Alias Avillan-Leon

Sex Female

Race / Ethnicity Hispanic / Latino, White / Caucasian

Height 5'-3" - (63 - inches) --

Weight 118 - lbs --

Tribe Enrollment/Affiliation --

Associated Tribe(s) --

Circumstances

Date of Last Contact December 1, 2009

NamUs Case Created December 27, 2009

Last Known Location (Map)

Location Herndon, Virginia --

County Fairfax County

Missing From Tribal Land --

Primary Residence on Tribal Land --\

Circumstances of Disappearance Detectives are asking for the public’s help locating a missing Herndon woman. Police were called on December 8, 2009 by a friend of Norma Alicia Avillan who reported Avillan as missing. Norma Alicia Avillan was last seen leaving work at Dulles International Airport at about 11:30 p.m. on November 29, 2009.

Physical Description

Hair Color Brown

Head Hair Description --

Body Hair Description --

Facial Hair Description --

Left Eye Color Brown

Right Eye Color Brown

Eye Description --

Distinctive Physical Features

Piercing Nose

Clothing and Accessories

"Jewelry" Hearts in circle with diamonds

She lived in the "Berkdale Apartments" complex in Herndon VA which is less than 5 miles from IAD. On another website, locals have commented that it's not a great area. I live in northern VA but not near Herndon, and I never go there anyway.

To me, the fact her purse and wallet were missing but everything else was in order - that suggests she might have left with someone she knew. Some have opined she was perhaps out walking, but at 12a?? In a neighborhood like that?? Unlikely. I wonder about her cellphone, any records or pings from that. Surely LEO has looked into it..
It just occurred to me. there is a CVS on Elden Street (that was definitely there in 2008 according to Google Street View) which is directly behind her apartment complex... Just a few hundred feet. I don't know what the hours for that store were back then, but there were a lot more 24 hour pharmacies around back then. It closes at midnight now. So that would be a more reasonable walk for her to have taken at that time of night depending on what their opening hours were.

And I will say, I don't see anywhere that states where (or more importantly, when) that surveillance photo of her is from, but to me, that looks A LOT like THAT CVS. It has the same double door set up with the black outer doors and the white inner doors, as well as the black square carpet pattern. And you can see the green tinsel on the doorframe, which is very on brand for a 2 out of 5 star CVS during the holiday season.

I know the info that was released says she was last seen at "about 11:30pm" leaving work.... at that time of night, one can easily get from the airport to her apartment in 8-10 minutes. I could see a world where Norma drove home and parked, then quickly ran over to CVS with just her wallet, purse, and keys...

ETA: on NAMUS, it says the date of last contact was Dec 1, 2009, but she was last seen leaving work around 11:30pm on November 29, 2009... So which is it?

CVS Elden St.JPG

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member