Found Deceased VA - Sarabeth Hammond, 17, Roanoke, 28 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What does it mean she saw her fb "active"? Did Sarabeth's account post something?

Someone shared a screenshot from messenger that stated her Facebook account was active one hour ago. Her mom responded "we're on it" but I'm unsure if that means that she and the police are aware and looking into it, or if it means that she and/or the police are the ones who were on her Facebook account, causing it to show her as active recently.

Someone else also just posted this:
"Something is going on atop bnt Mountain ...top curve lots of police, fire trucks and rescue is this a wreck that just happened or have they found sarabeth? Looking over the embankment"
Unsure if it's related to her disappearance or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that it's probably not related, but her mom's business address/possibly their home address is on Bridlewood Dr, so it could be a possibility.

Interesting! I wasn't aware her business/possible home address was also in the Bridlewood neighborhood.

Someone shared a screenshot from messenger that stated her Facebook account was active one hour ago. Her mom responded "we're on it" but I'm unsure if that means that she and the police are aware and looking into it, or if it means that she and/or the police are the ones who were on her Facebook account, causing it to show her as active recently.

"Something is going on atop bnt Mountain ...top curve lots of police, fire trucks and rescue is this a wreck that just happened or have they found sarabeth? Looking over the embankment"

Praying! If it's related to Sara, I hope they've found her.

Thank you for sharing. Which fb page is this? Her mom's page?

Person on facebook associated with the AWARE foundation is confirming that her car was found on Bent Mountain. No word yet about her condition.

"Mountainside 'technical rescue' underway on Bent Mountain"

Roanoke County fire and rescue personnel are on the scene of what they are describing as a “technical rescue” off U.S. 221 on Bent Mountain.

As of 3:30 p.m., numerous fire, rescue and police vehicles are parked along the road along a steep portion of the descent.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/r...cle_d12b95f9-e293-508b-91b4-6747342eab4b.html

So much for, she is not in danger.

What is a 'technical rescue'?

Missing teen's vehicle located on Bent Mountain

Authorities say missing teen Sarabeth Hammond's car has been located on Bent Mountain in Roanoke County.

Hammond, 17, was driving a white Hyundai Elantra with a New York license plate. The car was found off-road.

Authorities will hold a press conference with new information Saturday, Dec. 31.

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/M...hicle-located-on-Bent-Mountain-409005585.html

Missing teen's vehicle located on Bent Mountain

Authorities say missing teen Sarabeth Hammond's car has been located on Bent Mountain in Roanoke County.

Hammond, 17, was driving a white Hyundai Elantra with a New York license plate. The car was found off-road.

Authorities will hold a press conference with new information Saturday, Dec. 31.

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/M...hicle-located-on-Bent-Mountain-409005585.html

From the link:

The car was found off-road.

ETA: just saw, that line was already in Ali's quote :facepalm: Sorry.

So much for, she is not in danger.

What is a 'technical rescue'?

per google: "Technical rescue" refers to the aspects of saving life or property that employ the use of tools and skills that exceed those normally reserved for fire fighting, medical emergency, and rescue.

I was wondering too

per google: "Technical rescue" refers to the aspects of saving life or property that employ the use of tools and skills that exceed those normally reserved for fire fighting, medical emergency, and rescue.

I was wondering too

Thank you! Does this tell us anything about whether Sarabeth was in the vehicle? Did she need to be cut out of it?

i dont like that they are calling it a rescue, but i suppose its better than if they were saying recovery...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38
Back